Nike Method Core Drone Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP received these from Nike for some testing and one of the things that stuck out was the impact sound. We wanted to demonstrate that for everybody, so here is a video that should show off this unique tone.

Sound Test

Putting Green Pictures

DSC7438-L.jpg

DSC7435-L.jpg

DSC7437-L.jpg

DSC7433-L.jpg

It's very "dartish" to me.

I agree TC, those photos are incredibly clear.

I was hoping this arrived yesterday. Love the pictures. I think it's decent looking, definitely out of the ordinary. Not sure I care for the sound to be honest. What kind of balls were you using? It looks like it has to be easy to line up.

Interesting look. Not sure what I think of it just yet. Cant say I loved the feel of the Core putters that Ive tried so far.

• Admin
I was hoping this arrived yesterday. Love the pictures. I think it's decent looking, definitely out of the ordinary. Not sure I care for the sound to be honest. What kind of balls were you using? It looks like it has to be easy to line up.

Nike 20Xi

• Admin
This picture is one of my favorite putter pictures I have ever seen. Hats off to GG.

DSC7437-L.jpg

Is that a double bend or single? I think I see two bends but not sure.

I love the sound of this, or at least what I'm hearing from the laptop. Putters in this spaceship shape did wonders for me with alignment, but I suffered with distance control. Hope this show's better results.

It's definitely a crazy looking putter, which seems to be the trend. I don't know if it's just my phone, but I didn't care for the sound at all. Thanks for the pics/vid.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Agree it looks dartish, I dont know, not sure I would give it serious consideration unless I read some outstanding reviews on it.

The sound of this putter almost sounds like a toy. It's really impossible to describe. It's really unique and at first seems a little weird but it grows on you pretty quickly. What I liked so far about this putter is how it sets up and it's weighting. I have always done better with putters of this shape.

Would you describe it as on the heavier side or lighter feeling?

I agree with GG on how it grew on me immediately. I really like it.
As to the weighting, it seemed right in the middle. Not heavy or light really.

Very, very interesting. Thanks for the great video and photos! I really like the look of that double bend in the hosel, I will definitely give this a roll the next time I see one.

I think more of the Ping Sydney when I look at it.

This is exactly what I thought of when I first saw the drone.

I like the look of it, reminds me of almost a cross between the Sydney and a Spider.

That putter looks ridiculous. That would definately take some getting used to. I like it though. It's a nice look and sound.

I agree with GG on how it grew on me immediately. I really like it.
As to the weighting, it seemed right in the middle. Not heavy or light really.

I would yes. I think it has good weighting in the head without being overly heavy and it just seems to almost go through the ball, if that makes sense.

Makes sense. So its weighted just about right. I too think of the Ping Sydney when I see this one.

GG - You are killing it with the pics today.

This picture is one of my favorite putter pictures I have ever seen. Hats off to GG.

DSC7437-L.jpg

I'm not so sure what I think about this one either. It's a very unique look for sure. I'll be on the lookout for it in stores to see how it works out for me.

I absolutely love the face of the Nike putters as far as looks go. I have a love/hate with mallets and would really love to roll this one. I liked the insert but not as much as the regular methods. Can't wait to roll this one.

Not wild about the shape at all but the face is amazing!

Back