Nike Method Core Drone Putter

I rolled this at golf galaxy last night and just couldn't get a good reading on it. It's definitely ugly lol. But it rolled fairly nice. I've learned not to trust putters inside GG so I'd have to roll it on real greens.

I rolled this at golf galaxy last night and just couldn't get a good reading on it. It's definitely ugly lol. But it rolled fairly nice. I've learned not to trust putters inside GG so I'd have to roll it on real greens.
Couldn't agree more, I think Golfsmith has the thing sloped to the hole. I seem to hole a ton from 20+ feet. Even when I'm not necessarily aimed at a hole. How'd the Method Drone feel weight wise. I felt it was pretty balanced overall.

But how do the putts roll. Any less skidding with all the weight behind the face? Solid feel, any fibration?

The putts roll extremely well. Like most from the Method line, I find the technology incredibly well done. The feel is unlike most due in part to the impact tone. The perimeter weighting assists to keep the head on path as good as anything I have tried for my stroke. It just sets up and the weighting works well for me.

I like the sound and over all the "putter". Playing the #7 so the look isn't much different. I play with a golfer that has what I believe is a ping Scottsdale putter man when he putts it's distinctive "PING" will get your attention. Need one of these in the bag when I play him, can't have a quiet putter in the bag when I'm playing him.

Couldn't agree more, I think Golfsmith has the thing sloped to the hole. I seem to hole a ton from 20+ feet. Even when I'm not necessarily aimed at a hole. How'd the Method Drone feel weight wise. I felt it was pretty balanced overall.

Both JB and GG thought it was weighted pretty nice and I have to agree. Just had a nice balanced feel. You can feel the weighting working. It seems like a great straight back and straight through type of putter swing.

The putts roll extremely well. Like most from the Method line, I find the technology incredibly well done. The feel is unlike most due in part to the impact tone. The perimeter weighting assists to keep the head on path as good as anything I have tried for my stroke. It just sets up and the weighting works well for me.

A putter with weighting that aids your putting action. Scary really as well as
you putt. I need to hear this sound it makes. The video was nice but in person is always a bit different

Both JB and GG thought it was weighted pretty nice and I have to agree. Just had a nice balanced feel. You can feel the weighting working. It seems like a great straight back and straight through type of putter swing.
Agreed. I thought it would feel like swinging a bowling ball on a chain, but the overall weight and balance was pretty good. I couldn't game one as I'd always feel if I slammed on the brakes on the cart one of those "wings" might puncture my brain. Nah, seriously...I'd like to jack with one for a while one day.

This will be put in play this week for 2 rounds. Should have lots more coming up on it.

This will be put in play this week for 2 rounds. Should have lots more coming up on it.

Looking forward to it. I hope it's still around for our viewing party in a few weeks.

Looking forward to it. I hope it's still around for our viewing party in a few weeks.

Oh no not another putter for ddec to want!! I know how much he loves his current Nike Method 003 putter.

Ok let's get this party started right! I played 18 holes with this little gem today and had one of my better putting days. But that is not what was impressive to me. The Nike Method Core Drone putter looks like an object from the future. The smoked gray finish combined with its space age look are something else. I will admit that the look will not be for everyone but the feel should be.
The sound that JB describes has to be heard for ones self in order to really appreciate it. Words really can't describe it but it is as soothing as a tuning fork. It's like a muffled twang.
The putter setup square with no manipulation from the handler. Some putter open when they are set on the ground and other shut. The Drone sits square to what ever you are aiming at.
The weight of the putter is very noticeable from the minute you hold it. Not heavy but this nice balanced feeling. A huge back stroke is not needed to get this thing rolling the ball toward the hole. A nice smooth back and through is what the doctor ordered.
The face has the Method core insert and one of the hottest faces I have felt on a putter. The ball gets to rolling immediately and I must say the first few putts really surprised me. The greens were rolling very true today so that combined with the Drone produced very tight end over end roles. This is a must at demo day if you are into mallet putters. It's a must if you are not. Nike is doing its job by producing some quality putters now we just have to get them into the bag. I was asked if I would by this today, after a few more rounds like today....YES INDEED!

To say Tadashi putt well with this would be an understatement. Twice rolling in putts from 25 feet or so and making a few more from 15 feet or so. Those he missed were always burning edges and I could see him truly making everything in a round with this. It was astonishing to watch and downright cruel if you were playing against him.

Dang.....about all I can say after reading Tadashi's write up. I think a trip to the PGA SS is in order before I buy anything online. Too many options to consider without rolling the Drone before deciding anything.

Thanks Tadashi!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Awesome guys, sounds like this is a MUST try. The more I see the pic the more I want one. Seems like it would be a great putter to have around to swap out with the Ghost Spider every couple rounds.

Tadashi made some amazing putts today, and like JB said, his misses were burning the edges. I believe at one point he said it's rare that he picks up a putter and likes it right away like he did with this one.

The sound was definitely unique, and one that I really liked. I putted a few on the putting green pre-round and liked it as well, it just seems to setup dead square at address and when making a putting motion it only wants to go straight back and straight forward, not alot of movement or wobbling.

I figured Tadashi was going to stop by a golf shop on his way home and snag one up for his bag, it worked that well for him.

I just talked this up to the wife. I have a feeling it will be under the tree.

The sound was definitely unique, and one that I really liked. I putted a few on the putting green pre-round and liked it as well, it just seems to setup dead square at address and when making a putting motion it only wants to go straight back and straight forward, not alot of movement or wobbling.

Thanks for this war! That idea of a solid stroke that just wants to go straight back and through without wobble is very important to me. I think I have been off track as of late and this may help me in that regard. Plus as I recall off the top of my head the alignment line is phenomenal which is also a key trait of a putter.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Hmmm. I like it - but I agree it is similar to the PING sydney - not that a putter can't have similar looks obviously. I think I like it. Gotta see it in hand.

Nice writeup Tad. If this putter works as well as you say, everyone should get one! :D

Hmmm. I like it - but I agree it is similar to the PING sydney - not that a putter can't have similar looks obviously. I think I like it. Gotta see it in hand.

I have not seen the Sydney but I hear they are similar. But according to the Greenside radio show they were in production at the same time.

I thought the same thing by looking at pictures, by seeing this one in person today, they are two very different putters.

I have not seen the Sydney but I hear they are similar. But according to the Greenside radio show they were in production at the same time.

Interesting. Pretty cool and telling if two independent companies came up with a similar design at nearly the exact same time. To me that says, "try me out, cause I probably work pretty well..."

I actually like the style of the putter...have always liked mallet putters, and would love to roll this one to see how it feels...Tadashi's writeup really makes me want to feel this bad boy...

Back