Ok, so I'm definately no gamer. Haven't played a PC game in over 3 years. But I'm about to have a lot of time on my hands. So what would you guys reccommend as far as older PC games that were really good? I need to buy older games because I don't have a great gaming computer and it will save me money. Here is the list of games (so far) I might look at buying. Any suggestions?

Oblivion
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Bioshock
Dragon age origins

Oblivion is fantastic!
Bioshock is really good too
Dragon Age is alright (my opionion, but a lot of people really liked it).

Everything I read said there was no improvement in graphics at all. Just another game. No thanks.
Yep, no noticeable improvement in graphics.

I'd say the main point to this game was making all the multiplayer complainers happy. They nerfed explosives, so noob tubes aren't really a problem. The perks and the new killstreak systems are nice, although there is something in the air basically all match because it's so easy to get a UAV if you're running Support.

The problem to me is the maps. So tight and frantic you're basically forced into running-and-gunning, which sucks for people who are used to playing more defensive/strategic. I'd imagine that they'll address this with the first add-on map pack, but that's far down the road I'm sure.

Also, what's with all the urban-themed maps? Like half of them are nothing but streets and concrete, and it makes them so dull in color and similar in the way they play.

I'll still play it casually with my friends and to rank up and stuff, but honestly I like the gameplay of Black Ops better...

Ok, so I'm definately no gamer. Haven't played a PC game in over 3 years. But I'm about to have a lot of time on my hands. So what would you guys reccommend as far as older PC games that were really good? I need to buy older games because I don't have a great gaming computer and it will save me money. Here is the list of games (so far) I might look at buying. Any suggestions?

Oblivion
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Bioshock
Dragon age origins

That's a good list, add Fallout 3 and Borderlands and you have a ton of fun waiting for you.

Nice. Watched some game play on youtube. It looks like they moved from a more vibrant Oblivion to a more dark atmosphere from the play I saw. Any places have some color instead of dark and dingy (ie Gear of War)?

The lighting is much better, looks pretty realistic. The style is a little different than Oblivion, but not what I'd call dark.

I'm with you. Seriously one of the absolute prettiest games I've ever played and EASILY the deepest. The map is HUGE and there is some scary arse stuff out there!

Whether it make me a geek or not, I love this game.

Geekin is good!

I play MW3 on Xbox360. My gamertag is KILLERbootsMAN2. Hit me up if anyone wants to play.

Great gamer tag! Haha "So, why ya goin to the airport? Flyin somewhere?" One of my favorite movies ever

I'm not well versed in the Elder Scrolls series, but I rented Skyrim this weekend from Redbox and very quickly it was 2 AM. It seems very well done, without being linear and restrictive.

It's pretty awesome. I don't like linear and restrictive games, overly scripted and timed sections, etc.

Couldn't agree more. I've always been a fan of the elder scrolls series, was kinda disappointed with oblivion but skyrim has completely redeemed them. I can easily see myself playing that for the next year or so.

The environments are gorgeous, gameplay is flexible and the world is gigantic. Hard to ask for more.
For sure! I could ask that they come out with more in the Fallout series though. lol

spent the weekend playing Skyrim with my friends. Level 20. Gotta finish up some work tonight on some business cards and then I am off to play again.

Wow! you da man Seth! I'm still only level 11. I'm just taking it slow doing some side quests and such, don't want to get through the main quest to quick.

Picking up the Halo CE re-release today. Can't wait to play through that campaign again.

Wow! you da man Seth! I'm still only level 11. I'm just taking it slow doing some side quests and such, don't want to get through the main quest to quick.

I will probably do the main quest at least twice and spend a ton of time doing everything else there is to do in the game.

Picking up the Halo CE re-release today. Can't wait to play through that campaign again.

Read the review on g4. Said you can go back in game and see how the graphics were 10 years ago and see them now. Pretty neat to me knowing I loved that game. Plus blood gulch, good memories

Read the review on g4. Said you can go back in game and see how the graphics were 10 years ago and see them now. Pretty neat to me knowing I loved that game. Plus blood gulch, good memories

Blood Gulch was by arguably one of the best multiplayer maps in the Halo series. CTF or the bomb arming/disarming games were so much fun

For sure! I could ask that they come out with more in the Fallout series though. lol

It amazes me how much better this is than fallout, and I LOVE my fallout. This game is beyond addicting, and with the crappy weather we're having here (rain from nowhere? what the hell?) its making it more addicting.

Blood Gulch was by arguably one of the best multiplayer maps in the Halo series. CTF or the bomb arming/disarming games were so much fun
Capture the Flag on Blood Gulch is my all time favorite gametype/map ever. I spent many, many hours playing that with 2 Xbox connected together.

Capture the Flag on Blood Gulch is my all time favorite gametype/map ever. I spent many, many hours playing that with 2 Xbox connected together.

I was a freshman in college when it was out. The dorms were networked. Plug your xbox into the wall and play the people right next door to you, and then wait for the cursing to come through the open doors or just the walls haha

Halo1 was filled with so many memories for me. The pistol always brings a smile to the headshots I would get. The original warthog was classic!
Man great times.

I was a freshman in college when it was out. The dorms were networked. Plug your xbox into the wall and play the people right next door to you, and then wait for the cursing to come through the open doors or just the walls haha
That's exactly what we did, haha. There were times when people did not speak to each other after some of our games.

I will probably do the main quest at least twice and spend a ton of time doing everything else there is to do in the game.

Yep, I can see quite a few play through's from this one.

It amazes me how much better this is than fallout, and I LOVE my fallout. This game is beyond addicting, and with the crappy weather we're having here (rain from nowhere? what the hell?) its making it more addicting.

If only there were an alien blaster haha. You're right though, it is addicting.

Great gamer tag! Haha "So, why ya goin to the airport? Flyin somewhere?" One of my favorite movies ever

Ha ha, me too.

"I Got Worms"..."Excuse me?!"..."that's what we're going to call it. We're going to sell worm farms. It's like an ant farm, but with worms."

That's exactly what we did, haha. There were times when people did not speak to each other after some of our games.

Yeah there was many a word said or not said. I remember when Halo 2 came out, a bunch of people went to get it and we sat around waiting for them to come back with their copy. We took a couch from another room while they were also gone and stacked it on top of end tables and made stadium seating couches. That was a lot of fun to play on for some stupid reason.

Halo1 was filled with so many memories for me. The pistol always brings a smile to the headshots I would get. The original warthog was classic!
Man great times.

Pistol headshots were just cruel. That pistol was so deadly for a sidearm weapon.

Who else would take the Banshee, fly to the top of the map and crash on the mountains so you had a great sniper spot?

I finally made it to the thieves guild last night, freaking bears are brutal.

Haha yeah ever tried a giant or a mammoth?

Haha yeah ever tried a giant or a mammoth?

Took a mammoth down, something like 60 arrows lol. I had a perfect rock he couldn't get to me on.

I run the hell away from giants still, and trolls.

Back