Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that, I just thought the arguments bared some resemblance, found it entertaining.

There were very few knocks on Cam from the scouts. From the fans and media, yes, but from the actual scouts, he was not considered a longshot or a leap, but a very solid #1 pick that would have great impact.

I like watching Juron Criner lol. And Nick Foles. Was a fun night watching UofA beat ASU even though I probably should be cheering for ASU. Just something about the ASU fans last night that irked me. Anyway, I didn't contribute much but I like those two guys and wish them Rob Gronkowski success.

I don't know if he'll get a shot or not. He's one heck of an athlete though. And imo, he's a good QB. I hope he does. He seems like a loyal person based on how he came to Baylor.

Agreed. Kid has a ROCKET for an arm w/out a super long throwing motion.

RGIII has very interesting draft stock and it is rising. On about 3 quarters of the draft boards in the NFL, he is ranked 4th or 5th. The two big knocks against him right now is whether or not he can be a signal caller and whether or not, he can read a complex defense. Neither of those he has had to do to date. Accuracy and arm strength cannot be questioned right now and he is extremely intelligent. One scout said recently that this guy is Christian Ponder but with a better deep ball. Not too shabby.

Is he coming out though? Rumor has it, he will stick around.

Good question...I thought he was a senior.

There were very few knocks on Cam from the scouts. From the fans and media, yes, but from the actual scouts, he was not considered a longshot or a leap, but a very solid #1 pick that would have great impact.

People tend to forget that Kiper and McShay aren't scouts, and I take there titles I'd "draft experts" loosely.

Would be interested in seeing how a true pro scouts draft board looks compared to theirs.

Best part of the Saturday college football.

Spoiler

Best part of the Saturday college football.

Its crazy how funny that clip is (to me at least). The reactions by Lewis, Fowler, & Herbie are just awesome. Shows that the TV talking heads are real people too and their reactions are priceless. Lee hasnt been the same since his stroke, wish him the best moving forward, but I'll be shocked if this is not his last year (regardless of this slip up or not).

JB,

What are the scouts saying about Juron Criner and Nick Foles? I'm interested in these two cats. Foles throws a ton of short passes but can go deep. I've seen him make some dumb decisions down the stretch when it seems like he just loses interest or is trying to make something happen. just curious. I'd like to see at least Criner make a good NFL career. Jay would love him.

JB,

What are the scouts saying about Juron Criner and Nick Foles? I'm interested in these two cats. Foles throws a ton of short passes but can go deep. I've seen him make some dumb decisions down the stretch when it seems like he just loses interest or is trying to make something happen. just curious. I'd like to see at least Criner make a good NFL career. Jay would love him.

Not a lot as of yet. Criner had that off the field disappearance, but it was apparently personal and family related.

Not a lot as of yet. Criner had that off the field disappearance, but it was apparently personal and family related.

Cool man. I'm just hoping for a solid career for this guy. Something about him on the field just makes me root for him. he does disappear in stretches but seems like he has some real talent.

Pittsburg State has a date with Washburn (the only team to beat PSU this season) in Pittsburg this weekend in the second round of the DII playoffs.

Pittsburg State has a date with Washburn (the only team to beat PSU this season) in Pittsburg this weekend in the second round of the DII playoffs.

Sweet. Good luck to the Gorillas this time around. That would be great for them to get a win.

Who is favored Smalls, it is usually very hard for a team to defeat another team of the same caliber twice in the same season.

Good luck Gorillas, revenge games when it counts are even sweeter.

A&M - Texas Week.

Looking forward to this game... As it is the last meeting for a few years at least.

One of my favorite clips from the series and I feel describes the two schools pretty well, though some of the longhorn posters on this board might disagree.:act-up:

[video=youtube;4NUxFE2oJ-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NUxFE2oJ-M[/video]

Glad his family time and health issues got worked out *rolls eyes*

--
tapatalk

Ahhhh, Iron Bowl Week. The greatest week for Alabamians all year.

Glad his family time and health issues got worked out *rolls eyes*

--
tapatalk

I seem to recall an article quoting him as saying this time off allowed him to realize that there can be a balance between coaching and being a parent....and that coaching is "what he does"

JB, I was reading over a ton of mock drafts today and RG3 seems to be getting a lot of love as an early/mid first rounder. Seems as though Cam's success might bode well for his stock.

It also seems like Kalil is the top rated O-lineman and UNC's Coples is being raved about. I've watched a few UNC games this year and haven't seen Coples do a whole lot.

JB, I was reading over a ton of mock drafts today and RG3 seems to be getting a lot of love as an early/mid first rounder. Seems as though Cam's success might bode well for his stock.

It also seems like Kalil is the top rated O-lineman and UNC's Coples is being raved about. I've watched a few UNC games this year and haven't seen Coples do a whole lot.

His stock is soaring right now. Most of the guys I speak with still talk about him later rather than sooner, but most don't update their own stuff until the 4th of each month.

The 2012 is a little top light on defense unlike the past few years. The reason Coples is getting so much love is not so much sacks or pressure, but the presence he commands. Notes include solid footwork and still has a good motor. He makes LBs look good and that is something you dont see out of a lot of DEs. His sheer presence alone is downright scary.

Hard to believe that out of the top 4-5 DLs in the draft, 3 of them are from the ACC.

His stock is soaring right now. Most of the guys I speak with still talk about him later rather than sooner, but most don't update their own stuff until the 4th of each month.

The 2012 is a little top light on defense unlike the past few years. The reason Coples is getting so much love is not so much sacks or pressure, but the presence he commands. Notes include solid footwork and still has a good motor. He makes LBs look good and that is something you dont see out of a lot of DEs. His sheer presence alone is downright scary.

Hard to believe that out of the top 4-5 DLs in the draft, 3 of them are from the ACC.

Yeah, that is interesting. Lots of speculation that Carolina might take Coples with their pick. I don't see that at all. Most mocks I've seen have them taking a WR, depending on where the pick. I love mock drafts man. Who do you think has some of the better ones out there?

Yeah, that is interesting. Lots of speculation that Carolina might take Coples with their pick. I don't see that at all. Most mocks I've seen have them taking a WR, depending on where the pick. I love mock drafts man. Who do you think has some of the better ones out there?

Do you know, I honestly dont know. I rarely follow them, so I am not sure where to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back