Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like that part of what you are saying, it will be interesting to see how Missouri and Texas A&M fare after joining the conference next year. I would think 5 years down the road they will be even better overall than they are now. We will be watching to see.
Yea, that's what everyone in the Big 12 has been saying about A&M each year college football starts, "maybe this year they will finally compete and get back on track....." and every year the same thing happens. They continue to get out recruited in their own state for some reason (probably has something to do with winning games) by UT and OU.....and now lately by OSU, TCU and Tech. Embarrasing. They want out of UT's shadows and they are going to get their chance but it is a bigtime uphill battle they now face. Both Mizzu and A&M have had TX kids decommit from their 2012 class already because of this move. Mizzu I think it going to get hit the hardest. They get tons of TX kids to play up there because their family and friends can watch them back in the state at least 3-4 times a year live. Now.....not anymore. And getting put in the SEC east was icing on the cake for TX kids.

Well, that's the point for A&M to go SEC. They say they'll have better recruitment and not having to "directly" compete with "The Longhorn Network"...I mean UT. I think this was brilliant on A&M's part. I think this is a latteral move conference wise, but a huge upswing for recruiting. They can pull kids away from OU, OSU, and UT by using the SEC name (for what it's worth vs. the Big 12). Bottom line, the SEC gets WAY more hype sports wise than the Big 12.
Time will tell, and they better hope the SEC brand will still bring the TX kids in, because of big part of kids going there was that family and friends could watch them just about any week with only a 2-5 hour drive to a visitors stadium. That is a big thing for these kids and family members and now that will be reduced to just about watching them at home.

Time will tell, and they better hope the SEC brand will still bring the TX kids in, because of big part of kids going there was that family and friends could watch them just about any week with only a 2-5 hour drive to a visitors stadium. That is a big thing for these kids and family members and now that will be reduced to just about watching them at home.
Yep, but at least the parents won't have to contact their local cable provider and cry for the Longhorn Network! :D They can just call DirecTV and beg them to work a deal to keep CBS! :D

Yep....a 12 point win at home by Mizzu that had Texas top 3 RB's out of the game with the 4th stringer taking the ball, who probably was deep in thought at that moment about if he was going to grab some Wendy's or Taco Bell for dinner once the game was done. Not to mention our top WR who didn't play and a freshman QB still learning the ropes.

Come on war eagle.....you know your football better than that.....at least I think you do. They won....no doubt, but history shows that doesn't happen a lot for 'em.

Texas fans and their excuses. :)

Gorillas Earn No. 2 Seed, Bye in NCAA-II Playoffs

PITTSBURG, KS — The Pitt State football team earned the No. 2 seed in Super Region Four when the 24-team NCAA Division II playoff field was announced Sunday (Nov. 13). The Gorillas, who captured the 2011 MIAA Championship with a 51-28 victory over Missouri Southern Saturday (Nov. 12), earned a bye in the first round of the post-season by virtue of the No. 2 seed in the six-team Super Region.

Pitt State will host the winner of a first-round match-up pitting No. 3 seed Washburn and No. 6 seed Abilene Christian on Nov. 26 at Carnie Smith Stadium. Kickoff for the second-round action is set for 1 p.m. (CST). Tickets for the post-season game will go on sale at 8:30 a.m. Monday (Nov. 14) at the PSU Ticket Office. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children and PSU Students (with I.D.) and $12 for PSU sky box holders. All tickets on game day will be $12.

PSU season ticket holders have until Tuesday, Nov. 22, to purchase their seats. All unsold season tickets will be released and made available to the general public on Wednesday, Nov. 23. Per NCAA rules, there will be no complimentary tickets to the contest, including PSU player tickets. The first 200 PSU students to sign up for game tickets will receive them for free, compliments of the Pittsburg State University administration.

For additional ticket information, please call the PSU Ticket Office at (620) 235-4796 or call PSU Athletics at (620) 235-4389.

The Gorillas are making their 17th trip to the NCAA Division II playoffs - their first berth since 2008. Pitt State has posted a 20-15 record in NCAA post-season play. The Gorillas have made 23 trips to NAIA or NCAA playoff competition overall. Pitt State has compiled a 21-7 record in home playoff action.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=392375

Not surprised by Boise dropping to #10 in the BCS. It's deserving after saturdays performance.
Rootin for Rickies Pokes!

As a UCLA guy all I can say is ... <sigh>

This year we need 'em. :beat-up:

Ha. Obviously, no room to talk. This year's A&M/Texas game should be a snooze fest, when it had all of the ingredients to make for an exciting game.

Ha. Obviously, no room to talk. This year's A&M/Texas game should be a snooze fest, when it had all of the ingredients to make for an exciting game.
Well, it will be their last meeting probably for awhile so there should be some fireworks from both sides. Wish it was in Austin but the way you guys have been playing your 2nd halves, we'll have a shot!

Well, it will be their last meeting probably for awhile so there should be some fireworks from both sides. Wish it was in Austin but the way you guys have been playing your 2nd halves, we'll have a shot!
Think A&M and Texas will keep playing non-conference games after the move?

Think A&M and Texas will keep playing non-conference games after the move?
No, Texas AD has already come out and said their schedule is full till 2016. Not looking good for the continued matchup.

No, Texas AD has already come out and said their schedule is full till 2016. Not looking good for the continued matchup.

This one makes me sad. Just like no more OU/Nebraska, sucks for the sport.

By the way, I'm a true OU homer, but with Broyles done I'll be shocked if OSU doesn't win by 20. I'd sadly almost prefer OSU to drop them, they don't deserve to be in the talk with a loss to TT, I don't care how many starters were out.

Everybody excited for a Big Ten team to get an BCS bid, even though the conference doesn't have a team in the top 10?

Everybody excited for a Big Ten team to get an BCS bid, even though the conference doesn't have a team in the top 10?

Still better than the Big Easy!

Depends on if the Bog 12 stays at 9 conf games or drops back to 8...

Also, not sure if ol' Deloss was entirely factual with that statement....

Longhorns/UCLA Schedule game in 2014

Oklahoma State loses. Bama will be #2 I guess?

Still can't believe they lost...seriously?

Tough to pick #2, I think Oregon has a legitimate claim but the SEC is just so much better top to bottom a one loss from that conference should be ranked higher.

Now if we can take care of business it'll be good.

--
tapatalk

Don't count on it Danny, it totally depends on what ESPN wants, back in 2007 UGA was #4 and 2 teams in front lost, Herbstreeet (along with May & Holtz) began immediately campaining against UGA going to the MNC because we were not going to play in the SECCG, he was successful and we were jumped and ended up #2 because we could not go to the big show. He campainged just a couple of years before for a tOSU, Michigan rematch even though Michigan did not win their conference. Just hope that they want this rematch, I personally think they are the 2 best teams in the country, but it depends on what the powers at ESPN ultimately want.

Don't count on it Danny, it totally depends on what ESPN wants, back in 2007 UGA was #4 and 2 teams in front lost, Herbstreeet (along with May & Holtz) began immediately campaining against UGA going to the MNC because we were not going to play in the SECCG, he was successful and we were jumped and ended up #2 because we could not go to the big show. He campainged just a couple of years before for a tOSU, Michigan rematch even though Michigan did not win their conference. Just hope that they want this rematch, I personally think they are the 2 best teams in the country, but it depends on what the powers at ESPN ultimately want.
Same thing happened to Auburn in 2004. We actually moved down in the polls because we had to play Tennessee in the SEC Championship game and ESPN said that since it was a team we had already beaten, we wouldnt get "style" points.

One thing working in Bama's favor toward a rematch is the fact that the Bama/LSU ratings were so high...everybody loves ratings :)

Same thing happened to Auburn in 2004. We actually moved down in the polls because we had to play Tennessee in the SEC Championship game and ESPN said that since it was a team we had already beaten, we wouldnt get "style" points.

I was extremely po'ed about that, anytime a team makes it through the SEC undefeated, they deserve to be in the MNC game. You got the ESPN shaft big time on that one.

One thing working in Bama's favor toward a rematch is the fact that the Bama/LSU ratings were so high...everybody loves ratings :)

Yes they do...but Oregon draws viewers in big numbers as well. See the BCS Championship last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back