Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some crazy scores out there today...

Florida losing 22-7 at home to Furman?

I can't belive this thread has been dormant all day.The college football world got turned upside down today, and no one has anything to say?.Okla State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Clemson, and Boise all lost this weekend, and Stanford isn't out of the woods yet. Will the SEC have the top 3 teams this week? Surely Stanford Or Virginia Tech won't jump the Razorbacks. This is starting to look like 07, when Nobody wanted to win that championship. A 2 loss LSU team won it that year.

I can't belive this thread has been dormant all day.The college football world got turned upside down today, and no one has anything to say?.Okla State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Clemson, and Boise all lost this weekend, and Stanford isn't out of the woods yet. Will the SEC have the top 3 teams this week? Surely Stanford Or Virginia Tech won't jump the Razorbacks. This is starting to look like 07, when Nobody wanted to win that championship. A 2 loss LSU team won it that year.

Looks like the top 3 in the BCS will be LSU, Bama and Arkansas. There is the SEC, and then everyone else.

Can someone tell me how going into yesterday's game Texas was ranked in the top 25? That is absolutely ridiculous.

Looks like the top 3 in the BCS will be LSU, Bama and Arkansas. There is the SEC, and then everyone else.
Totally amazing what happened this weekend, lots of upsets for sure.

Some crazy scores out there today...

Florida losing 22-7 at home to Furman?

ah, the mighty Palladins. I almost went to Furman out of highschool, but I just can't do purple.

RG3 is the best QB in College Football. The kid has it all, but wasn't really recruited and won't ever get a shot at the next level.

RG3 is the best QB in College Football. The kid has it all, but wasn't really recruited and won't ever get a shot at the next level.

Yep, being a great college anything does not equate to being even a good pro player. Those traing camps are usually spot on in there findings, they do occasionally miss, but not often.

Well..he IS from Texas. I'll admit, he didn't make mental errors against a tough OU defense. He made smart plays when he had to. I think the smartest play of the game (for a running QB was the botched shotgun snap where he threw it away. A lot of runners would have attempted to make something out of that.

I bet "Snoops" is having nightmares about the timeout!

Just caught the Corso video from GameDay...too damn funny!

Can someone tell me how going into yesterday's game Texas was ranked in the top 25? That is absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed. After my Mizzou Tigers beat them last week there is no way they should have been top 25. Maybe the voters got lazy....

TC,
You don't think he will get a chance at starting on Sundays? I think this guy has a shot. I have to say, if he falls in the draft due to teams wanting Luck, Barkley and Jones, I wouldn't be mad if the Chiefs took a chance on him. Definitely a potential upgrade from Cassell....

Tough to pick #2, I think Oregon has a legitimate claim but the SEC is just so much better top to bottom a one loss from that conference should be ranked higher.

I just wanted to quote myself for laughter. Losing to USC? Really?

Lol, I know, right?

So, is Alabama the #2 pick for the NC now?
I just wanted to quote myself for laughter. Losing to USC? Really?

What happens if ARK beats LSU next week? I think the BCS computer might just melt down....

I still say you should have to win your conference to win the NC, and am anti rematch, but at this rate, we may not have a choice.

TC,
You don't think he will get a chance at starting on Sundays? I think this guy has a shot. I have to say, if he falls in the draft due to teams wanting Luck, Barkley and Jones, I wouldn't be mad if the Chiefs took a chance on him. Definitely a potential upgrade from Cassell....

I don't know if he'll get a shot or not. He's one heck of an athlete though. And imo, he's a good QB. I hope he does. He seems like a loyal person based on how he came to Baylor.

RGIII has very interesting draft stock and it is rising. On about 3 quarters of the draft boards in the NFL, he is ranked 4th or 5th. The two big knocks against him right now is whether or not he can be a signal caller and whether or not, he can read a complex defense. Neither of those he has had to do to date. Accuracy and arm strength cannot be questioned right now and he is extremely intelligent. One scout said recently that this guy is Christian Ponder but with a better deep ball. Not too shabby.

Is he coming out though? Rumor has it, he will stick around.

The two big knocks against him right now is whether or not he can be a signal caller and whether or not, he can read a complex defense. Neither of those he has had to do to date.

Those are the exact arguments made against Cam, he seems to be doing ok in the NFL.

RGIII has very interesting draft stock and it is rising. On about 3 quarters of the draft boards in the NFL, he is ranked 4th or 5th. The two big knocks against him right now is whether or not he can be a signal caller and whether or not, he can read a complex defense. Neither of those he has had to do to date. Accuracy and arm strength cannot be questioned right now and he is extremely intelligent. One scout said recently that this guy is Christian Ponder but with a better deep ball. Not too shabby.

Is he coming out though? Rumor has it, he will stick around.

It looks like he has a pretty strong arm. Is this accurate?

Very different QBs.

I realize that, I just thought the arguments bared some resemblance, found it entertaining.

It looks like he has a pretty strong arm. Is this accurate?

He does. Elite? maybe not or has not shown that yet, but definitely strong enough. And even better is what some scouts call a flipper. It means amazing touch on the deep ball in that he seems to flip it out there and have it fall in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back