The Sandwich Thread

Ah you genious! I love tartar sauce. One think I cant do is shrimp cocktail. And I cant touch ketchup, or salsa. I can eat the latter two, but if it touches me, someone will die.
You'll eat a combo of Mayo & Pickles, but if Ketchup touches you someone dies? Really?

Mayo is one of two foods that I just won't eat and I've eaten some weird crap. Just never appealed to me for some reason.

WTC. A sammich is simple. I can't.

There's a restaurant here called Firehouse subs (started by firemen) and they have a brisket and cheddar sammich that's to die for.

I love sammich's!!!

I love intricate sammich's and I love simple sammich's. I love going to the butcher and getting some thinly sliced prime rib to make some homemade french dips. I love sauteed vegetables on sammich's and my favorite spread might be a good old horseradish sauce.

However, I like simple sammich's too. Fried bologna sammich, a grilled cheese, or even a tomato sammich w/ Duke's mayo!!!
I've made these, but always have to have it with two pieces of bologna. I also have to slice it from the middle to one side or it domes up in the pan. The way I cut it makes it look like a reddish PacMan.

You cannot eat a sammich without mayo. That's a simple rule for me. Anyone who can, clearly isn't a sammich fan.
Peanut butter and jelly . . . and mayo? Yuck!

Mayo is one of two foods that I just won't eat and I've eaten some weird crap. Just never appealed to me for some reason.

Such a sad day for me. A chef who doesn't put mayo on his sammich.

What about Baconnaise?
417oeAGb-yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417oeAGb-yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yes, I eat ketchup too. But if it gets on my hands, death to nearest.
Odd. I could see freaking out with something like raw poultry juice.

I only put mayo on poultry, or BLTs
Such a sad day for me. A chef who doesn't put mayo on his sammich.

Odd. I could see freaking out with something like raw poultry juice.

Oh that too. I dont like getting anything on my hands. At all. But red sauces just freak me out the most for some reason. Especially ketchup and things alike.

Brisket and cheddar sounds nice. I like the old open faced sandwich. Bread, hot turkey covered with gravy.

this back and forth inspired me to craft my own specialty. PB & J with Original Fritos in the middle. Awesome.

There's a restaurant here called Firehouse subs (started by firemen) and they have a brisket and cheddar sammich that's to die for.
Firehouse Subs is good stuff. I like how they do their meatball subs.

this back and forth inspired me to craft my own specialty. PB & J with Original Fritos in the middle. Awesome.
When I was a kid, I had a turkey & cheese with doritos in the middle just about every day for lunch.

Mayo doesn't go on all sammich's, but i couldn't fathom eating a smoked turkey or ham sammich without it.

I like a good old egg salad sandwich. Awesome.

They have those here in Colorado too. Haven't tried them yet though. Gonna have to now after hearing about that sammy

I like a nice slice of some flavorful cheese on mine. I'll put a little vinegar or giardiniera on there depending on the sandwich.

This thread makes me angry. I'm going to start a burrito thread.

When I lived in Michigan everybody was obsessed with something they called a Wet Burrito. That's just dirty.

Hahaha. Remember when you were enjoying one of those so much you sent me a message on The Facebook? I gots to get me one of those someday.

My God, how can you hate mayo? Life would suck without it. I don't generally want it on my Eyetalian meats sammies, but on everything else.

Don't forget the king of sandwiches. The mighty cheeseburger. It's a sandwich.

I love tuna salad. Especially the tuna melt. Tuna, mayo, diced celery and red onion, salt, pepper, taragon, maybe a little Old Bay, thin sliced gourmet bacon, some tasty tomato, white cheddar, all on grilled Rosen marble rye.

Jewish sandwiches are good, too. I love the combos. Pastrami and corn beef. Corned beef and chopped liver. Corned beef and tongue.

Like others I also love bologna. Egg salad is good, too.

Kevin

Back