The Sandwich Thread

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
I thought I'd open a thread for everyone's favourite lunch, the sandwich. This is a thread for old favourites, new creations, and just all around great sandwiches.

For the first one, I'll open it with a sandwich that I have named "The Hundy"

Take two grilled cheeses, made with old cheese, and use them as the bread for a ham and kielbasa loaf sandwich. Add jalapeños to the outer grilled cheeses, flip the grilled cheeses on their last flip, and add a half of cheese slice to each top. This will bond the meat and bread to the meat between.

Enjoy!

63ef301b-7ca0-8a42.jpg

hmm, sounds like a lot of cheese

me and too much cheese dont get along well

Esox has a recipe for one of the best sounding grilled cheese sandwiches I have ever heard.

As far as I go; Corned Beef, Swiss, Sauerkraut and a little bit of mustard.

Looks awesome Thainer!

Being vegan, my favorite is the classic known as PB&J!

Looks awesome Thainer!

Cookster, I love myself a good PB&J. In fact, its my sandwich of choice when Belbin is cooking! That man is an excellent chef.

Every time I go to a sandwich place I end up getting the Ruben. I love those things!

I had a buddy that used to own a deli in NY, and I used to get a chicken cutlet hero with bacon, cheese (whatever I was in the mood for), lettuce, tomato, mayo, and pepper on a fresh baked hero roll...I miss NY...sometimes

I'm a big fan of the Monte Cristo. It's a fried ham and cheese sandwich that is usually dipped or spread with jam/jelly. Only catch is I can usually only handle half the sandwich because it gets pretty rich. Other than that a BLT is pretty tasty!

Cookster, I love myself a good PB&J. In fact, its my sandwich of choice when Belbin is cooking! That man is an excellent chef.

And I know of a MC captain that prefers the crustless variety.

The official sandwich of Team Hackers:

ProdAdminImage.ashx

ProdAdminImage.ashx

That's funny. True, but funny.

ProdAdminImage.ashx

DUDE! I love those! Pop them in the freezer and after you pull them out give them a few hours. the Peanut butters stays almost frozen and you have a wonderful party happening. My ex, her mom used to get those for free from sister and I'd go HAM on them for weeks.

Looks awesome Thainer!

How about a grilled peanut butter and brown sugar? More of a dessert sandwich... lol

Peabut butter & banana sandwiches aren't bad either...

How about a grilled peanut butter and brown sugar? More of a dessert sandwich... lol

I've never had the PB&B lol. Always wanted to try!

I've made toasted peanut butter and marshmallows.

I have had PB & banana which is quite good. PB & brown sugar though...never heard of that. Need to inform the wifey of that one.

I'm a big fan of the Monte Cristo. It's a fried ham and cheese sandwich that is usually dipped or spread with jam/jelly. Only catch is I can usually only handle half the sandwich because it gets pretty rich. Other than that a BLT is pretty tasty!

Before Bennigan's went out of business, they had this on their menu. They'd sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it. Heart attack on a plate but they were SOOOO GOOD

Before Bennigan's went out of business, they had this on their menu. They'd sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it. Heart attack on a plate but they were SOOOO GOOD

Indeed they did. I once dated a girl that was almost addicted to them!

I think JB likes these....
The thought of a donut-hamburger-cheese-bacon sandwich appeals to the senses, but I don't think that combination would be very good. Donuts are standalone food.

Oh, man, I've been known to make some sandwiches.

My three cheese grilled cheese kills. You buy the large sour dough loaf at Panera, but have them slice it the long way so you have pieces of bread about a foot long. You could use any three cheeses, but I usually go with pepper jack, white cheddar and a colby. You want to get fancy go with white cheddar goat, gouda, or the like. But my daughter would never eat that. Butter up the outside of two slices. Put two of the cheeses against one slice, then slices of tomato, then bacon, ham, turkey, or whatever, then the third cheese. You'll probably need to cut it in half because it's so long, but I have a huge carbon steel skillet. Medium heat on each buttered side until brown and crispy. Put the cover of a big pan over it while grilling each side to assure even melting and maximum gooeyness. When done, salt and pepper the outside of the bread with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

Panera sour dough is tops for grilling.

I also like an Italian sandwich on this huge Turano bread from Chicago that is sold here in a couple grocery stores. Salami, pepperoni, mortadella, cappacola, this soft Asiago cheese I get at the Italian deli, lettuce, tomato, roasted red peppers, muffaletta spread, and hot giardinera. Sprinkle with pepper and Penzey's Tuscan Sunset seasoning, and drizzle with a Mediterranean flavored extra virgin olive oil. My wife likes hers with a oil and vinegar dressing.

The deli women at the specialty grocery store near me always laugh when I start buying all the stuff. "Making some big sandwiches?"

Kevin

The thought of a donut-hamburger-cheese-bacon sandwich appeals to the senses, but I don't think that combination wold be very good. Donuts are standalone food.

One must try before one judges...

They are awesome!!

Looks awesome Thainer!

didnt know you were a Vegan, cookie....
as for me...I am pretty old style....
Currently finishing up Thanksgiving with Turkey, butter and Cheddar on Rye...

Where the heck have you been? It's been the hot topic the past couple of months!

Hes even invented a cool new spelling for it... vagin...

Back