I disagree quite a bit. While serious junior golfers may be looking at wielding blades, GI irons outsell players irons more than 4 to 1 in sales at the register right now. Add to that it has been Cobra's bread and butter in terms of irons for years in sales and I think the demographic actually fits. There are more young golfers that are weekend hacks like the rest of us than there are that are competing each week and because of that, splashing some color on the iron that some project as their biggest seller makes a lot of sense.

JB is do you guys have any plans to do a review of the cobra line up. I hear people say as long as it performs i don't care what it looks like this will bring that to the forefront.

Was there ever a full review of these written up? I think I missed it and don't wanna read through all 17 pages for it. Heck I probably should go check he 1st post seeing as its probably over there. I'll go check one sec....

JB is do you guys have any plans to do a review of the cobra line up. I hear people say as long as it performs i don't care what it looks like this will bring that to the forefront.

The entire line will be reviewed and the clubs will be at the THP Demo Day as well for over 60 reviews.

Was there ever a full review of these written up? I think I missed it and don't wanna read through all 17 pages for it. Heck I probably should go check he 1st post seeing as its probably over there. I'll go check one sec....

We have had them for less than 2 weeks. It usually takes us a little longer to get in a full amount of time for a review. Should be coming up fairly soon though.

I like the vivid colors and styling coming out lately. It could be distracting for some, but a little bit of style never hurt anyone.

Just checked these out again this morning: still FUGLY!

Still not a orange fan huh? Yeah I pretty much still think I wont be playing these EVER

Did you expect your taste to change overnight? you don't like them now, you won't like them next week or next month.
If you picked them up and were able to get past the looks and they performed better than other clubs for you, would you be able to game them?

I saw the commercial for the AMP line. I actually thought it was clever.

I saw the commercial for the AMP line. I actually thought it was clever.

One-T is hawkpondering. You need some awesome orange clothes to match, Fowler style.

Did you expect your taste to change overnight? you don't like them now, you won't like them next week or next month.
If you picked them up and were able to get past the looks and they performed better than other clubs for you, would you be able to game them?

Nope. Never. Dude, it's a Cobra thing that I just can't get past. I'm not a fan one bit and suspect I never will be. I knew my thoughts wouldn't change over night but I figured I'd bump this thread for ddec. He loves them.

I know a lot of people hate these, but I don't think they are that bad. The orange is cool IMHO and if they perform that is all that matters.

I know a lot of people hate these, but I don't think they are that bad. The orange is cool IMHO and if they perform that is all that matters.
A lot of people will like the orange, a lot of people wont, it's all about personal preference and some people like the look of a loud colored iron.

Ok, in a moment of me being serious in this thread I will honestly give my views on the AMP irons:

1. I think the design of the iron is nice. They have some sleek lines about them and the cavity design reminds me of the X22's, which I like.

2. I bet they are good irons. I use to game Cobra irons and they performed well. I bet these are long and forgiving and with sleeker profiles, that's a good thing.

3. I'm not fond of where they placed the numbers out on the toe, but at least it's unique to Cobra, which is nice.

4. I think they ruined the cavity by just blobbing orange all over it. It almost looks like they didn't care. However, Callaway did the same with their Big Bertha irons, albeit red, so it's not the end of the world.

Many of you probably think I suck b/c I rag on Cobra. That's fine, it's my personal preference not to get behind them as a company. I think they have a market to target and I've said a brazilian times that they are doing it well, I'm just not a part of that market.

I'm sure the irons are good and perform well, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't make fun of Cobra.

Long Tom and Trusty Rusty can confirm that!

One-T is hawkpondering. You need some awesome orange clothes to match, Fowler style.

Look, if they just flat out worked for me, I would game them. I dont love the look. But, I have always said I will look to game whats best for me, and I wont change

Look, if they just flat out worked for me, I would game them. I dont love the look. But, I have always said I will look to game whats best for me, and I wont change
I have said the same thing, but at the same time, if I dont at least kind of like the look of something, it becomes a mental thing.

No offense, but there's no way in hell these are in the ball park of what your BStone's do for you. We both know that.

Im going to wait for ddec's review of these... :bulgy-eyes:

No offense, but there's no way in hell these are in the ball park of what your BStone's do for you. We both know that.

you are probably right. but, I would at least hit them before I discount them just on looks.

Many of you probably think I suck b/c I rag on Cobra. That's fine, it's my personal preference not to get behind them as a company. I think they have a market to target and I've said a brazilian times that they are doing it well, I'm just not a part of that market.

I'm sure the irons are good and perform well, but it wouldn't be me if I didn't make fun of Cobra.

Long Tom and Trusty Rusty can confirm that!

Have to respect your personal preference as you do others, I'm not a fan of Cobra either, but these don't look all that bad to me. If it came down to Cobra, Taylormade or Nike and all 3 performed the same for me, and similar in pricing, I would end up with TM or Nike in the bag over the Cobra.

I have said the same thing, but at the same time, if I dont at least kind of like the look of something, it becomes a mental thing.

Have to give you this. It was the reason I could never get into the Burner 2.0, I would constantly glance at the back, just because it caught my attention so much that it was a distraction.

you are probably right. but, I would at least hit them before I discount them just on looks.

won't know how they work till you do, and if they are great or terrible in your hands, at least they were tried before being forgotten.

Exactly. Werent we telling people the same thing about the mashie?

Exactly. Werent we telling people the same thing about the mashie?

Yes, but the Mashie didn't feature a disgusting glob of crap on it either. And a legit tour shaft. Kind of different.

Yeah I agree, with the Mashie it was more about a boring, unfinished look instead of a crazy color that most dont like.

Yes, but the Mashie didn't feature a disgusting glob of crap on it either. And a legit tour shaft. Kind of different.

A legit tour shaft to us that knew about it. To general consumers it was a shaft brand that they had hardly heard about. People looked at the mashie and said its unfinished and has too much offset. Discounting it because of looks. Whether its color or lack there off, it's still discounting for appearance.

A legit tour shaft to us that knew about it. To general consumers it was a shaft brand that they had hardly heard about. People looked at the mashie and said its unfinished and has too much offset. Discounting it because of looks. Whether its color or lack there off, it's still discounting for appearance.

You're fishing here pal. It's not going to work with me.

You're fishing here pal. It's not going to work with me.

It's funny when you have no response to a legit point.

Back