Wilson Staff Ci11 Irons - PGA Show Video

I definitely needs the GW to fill a large gap so the 60* has to be sent packing which isn't a big deal because I typically choke down on the 56*. My GW will be here tomorrow!

Tap before talk.

I definitely needs the GW to fill a large gap so the 60* has to be sent packing which isn't a big deal because I typically choke down on the 56*. My GW will be here tomorrow!

Tap before talk.

I feel like with the lofts in this set the GW is a necessity.

I feel like with the lofts in this set the GW is a necessity.

Definitely. I don't have enough shots to cover a 44* to 52* gap.

Tap before talk.

Definitely. I don't have enough shots to cover a 44* to 52* gap.

Tap before talk.

Mine was going from 44* to 54* before adding the GW lol

I go 44* - 50* without any big problems. But I also use the PW a lot from 20-40 yards out. I like bringing them in low and watching them take that big hop then put the brakes on.

I go 44* - 50* without any big problems. But I also use the PW a lot from 20-40 yards out. I like bringing them in low and watching them take that big hop then put the brakes on.

I've actually been thinking about that gap. Out of curiousity, how much of a gap is it if you do full swings?

I've actually been thinking about that gap. Out of curiousity, how much of a gap is it if you do full swings?

20-23 yards. I hit my PW- 125ish and my GW- 105ish

Tap before talk.

It's so hard for me to say dude. I love being creative with wedges. My full swing PW is probably 125-135 depending on conditions and my full swing 50* is 110-120. I just let the conditions, pin placement, etc dictate how I want to hit it though.

Just get the GW and stop horsing around. Who do you guys think you are, TMex or something?

Just get the GW and stop horsing around. Who do you guys think you are, TMex or something?

LMAO! I have a gap wedge. I'm just answering the questions dude.

LMAO! I have a gap wedge. I'm just answering the questions dude.

Actually, you got a space is what you got. You go 44* PW to 50* wedge. Call it what you want or be creative all you want but that right dur is a GAP son!

Just gave the 11's their first bath. 7 rounds of golf under the belt with them and the soles look to be in phenomenal shape. When my battery gets all charged up, I'll snap some pics. I think mats more than anything might not be very good for the sole. Gawd, I love these irons.

Thanks TC, interested to see the face wear too. How would you compare the wear on the 11s to the wear of your earlier Burner 2s?

Thanks TC, interested to see the face wear too. How would you compare the wear on the 11s to the wear of your earlier Burner 2s?

Completely different type of wear. The 2.0s faded as it was almost a matte finish, think of the 11s as like a black chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with WE on this one, the Ci's seem to just wear similar to a black pearl. The 2.0's would show awful scratches and nicks in the face. My sticks are air drying. I'll snap some shots in a few.

Here's some pics of the wear so far (after 7 rounds of golf)

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0032-1.jpg

And here's the PW, which is by far the most used of the bunch.

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

Great pics TCizzle. They still look perfect IMO and even if the finish starts to wear off more it will only give it some more character. These really have me pondering I have to admit, and I really have no business doing that.

Nice pics and they do still look very good.

I think more than anything the pictures prove that the wear is so minimal that it shouldn't even be a concern.

Good round with the 11s today, and if wasnt for greens being in terrible shape and 3-jacking three times, it would have been a great round. Shot a 43/39, 82.

10 GIRs today, which I am thrilled with. Wanted to get a feel for if I needed the GW or not, and just dont think I do. Worked with some half and 3/4 swings with the PW, and really liked it. The transition from the 44* PW to my 50* works well, and the half swings with the PW were fun to do, actually holed out with the PW today (too bad it was for par).

Starting to see some wear on them, but nothing that concerns me. As far as ball flight, the ball gets up in the air so quick its crazy. Still seeing a tight fade, and I really like it.

Other than my hole out, my shot of the day had to be on a 203 yard Par 3 today, slight downwind. Hit a 5iron and absolutely crushed it landing it about 15 feet short of the pin.

Nice, WE! Today was my first round after cutting down the ci11's and it was a huge struggle. I topped/thinned 80% of my shots, but it's to be expected as the clubs are now an inch shorter. When I did hit one good..I could hear angels singing from above.

Tap before talk.

I have my first tee time with the 11s schedule for this afternoon. It's going to be spectacular

Nice, WE! Today was my first round after cutting down the ci11's and it was a huge struggle. I topped/thinned 80% of my shots, but it's to be expected as the clubs are now an inch shorter. When I did hit one good..I could hear angels singing from above.

Tap before talk.

Adams -- Why did you cut an inch off the length? I have done this to my drivers but never my irons and I'm just curious.

Just cleaned mine up from my first couple rounds with them, the only club that has any real signs of wear is my PW, probably the most used club from the set. Nothing serious, just some slight scratching, but they are golf clubs, they arent going to be perfect forever. Just shows they have been doing some work.

Adams -- Why did you cut an inch off the length? I have done this to my drivers but never my irons and I'm just curious.

I had a fitting after I bought these OTR and it was recommended to cut them down. I'm much more comfortable over the ball because my clubs aren't so incredibly long, but it'll take some getting used to. When I bough these marks on the lie board were towards the heel but wife cutting down its worked it's way to the middle.

Tap before talk.

Back