Things That Irritate You On the Course?

Slow play, specifically on the putting green. I can't stand it when 1 guy putting with the other 3 hanging around usually together and no where near their golf ball. Everyone can line up their putts at the same time.

Mine is a little weird. I have only said something to someone one time, hate to let things bother me on the course, I usually let things go.

My group was a behind a 4 some, and I noticed one of the guys peeing right next to the tee box, I thought that was bad, but it only got worse, he proceeded to take a pee on every hole. He peed in the middle of the fairway, right off the green, everywhere. I have never seen someone pee this much. I finally had enough, and told him to knock it off, quit peeing where people have to hit, or walk. The last thing I want to have happen is my ball runs thru some piss, and I pick it up. That was an interseting round. Disgusting!

Better than hitting into guys..
I understand your point.

I followed these three all day. I would feel safe standing in the middle of the fairway 200 out.

Mine is a little weird. I have only said something to someone one time, hate to let things bother me on the course, I usually let things go.

My group was a behind a 4 some, and I noticed one of the guys peeing right next to the tee box, I thought that was bad, but it only got worse, he proceeded to take a pee on every hole. He peed in the middle of the fairway, right off the green, everywhere. I have never seen someone pee this much. I finally had enough, and told him to knock it off, quit peeing where people have to hit, or walk. The last thing I want to have happen is my ball runs thru some piss, and I pick it up. That was an interseting round. Disgusting!

Wow...now that's pretty bad.

The thing that irritates me most out on the golf course is missing an 18 inch putt.

I hate when I see Cigars and cigarette butts on the greens or anywhere. Just stomp out your butts and putt them in the cup holder until you see a trash can.

People who play singles on weekends!!

Is every golfer not entitled to play when ever they like, what gives a group more entitlment to the course at different times.

There's not too many things that bother me, but there is one and it's a little major.

The one thing that P's me off are the players who don't manage the course within their game. For example, I played with a guy last summer who's eco was way bigger than his game. I have never played with him before this day, but had talked to him a few times and by the way he talked, I assumed he was an ok player. Anyways, we come to the first par 3, it's roughly 200 yrds. I know that it takes me a 4 or 3 iron depending on the wind that day, as it's along the coast. So I pulled a 3 iron that day and came up short in the front bunker. This guy pulls out a 5 iron, hit it pretty flush as was a good 25 yrds short. I just assumed maybe it got caught up in the wind.

So we go to the next hole, a super long par 5, think it was playing like 560 that day or something, anyways, I've never played with anyone who has made it in two before that. So I hit my lay up, then had to wait for him have the green clear to hit a 3-wood a good 90 yrds short. Really wish I was joking.

My point being, if you're not a long hitter, don't try to impress others by acting like you are.

That's really the other thing that bothers me.

There's not too many things that bother me, but there is one and it's a little major.

The one thing that P's me off are the players who don't manage the course within their game. For example, I played with a guy last summer who's eco was way bigger than his game. I have never played with him before this day, but had talked to him a few times and by the way he talked, I assumed he was an ok player. Anyways, we come to the first par 3, it's roughly 200 yrds. I know that it takes me a 4 or 3 iron depending on the wind that day, as it's along the coast. So I pulled a 3 iron that day and came up short in the front bunker. This guy pulls out a 5 iron, hit it pretty flush as was a good 25 yrds short. I just assumed maybe it got caught up in the wind.

So we go to the next hole, a super long par 5, think it was playing like 560 that day or something, anyways, I've never played with anyone who has made it in two before that. So I hit my lay up, then had to wait for him have the green clear to hit a 3-wood a good 90 yrds short. Really wish I was joking.

My point being, if you're not a long hitter, don't try to impress others by acting like you are.

That's really the other thing that bothers me.

It's even funnier when someone is waiting for the green to clear on a par 5 cos they are going for it in 2 and they duff it and it ends up 50 yards in from of them. Always entertaining stuff :D

It's even funnier when someone is waiting for the green to clear on a par 5 cos they are going for it in 2 and they duff it and it ends up 50 yards in from of them. Always entertaining stuff :D

Agree'd. Though I'm not great myself, so a duffed shot, I'm never one to make fun. I just hope they don't get down on themselves. When you just can't make it though, just admit it to yourself and play within your ability.

Agree with you 100% all they are really doing is slowing play down and frustrating themselves in the long run

Yeah I never pee near the green or tee box. I always go to the woods and search til I find a nice new ball, then pee on it.

Is every golfer not entitled to play when ever they like, what gives a group more entitlment to the course at different times.
They can play, but if it's during prime time play, they better be prepared to get put into a group. Singles and twosomes are the bane of golf courses when it's busy. You have a bunch of foursomes, and then a single or twosome who is complaining that no one will let them through. Pair up.

No one really irritates me while playing, I enjoy golf way too much to let someone dictate my mood while playing.....I have an occasional power-slice for that. :cool:

Ball marks irritate me. If you hit the green then there will be a ball mark, now fix it! If you can't find yours then find a different one and fix that one.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

That's very irritating! Last time out there was two times I couldn't find mine and I fixed three others.

I will admit to getting annoyed at the stopping at the turn tradition. I just want to keep going.

Ball marks irritate me. If you hit the green then there will be a ball mark, now fix it! If you can't find yours then find a different one and fix that one.

I totally agree with this CB! I'm always fixing ball marks. Even when I don't hit the green...

I will admit to getting annoyed at the stopping at the turn tradition. I just want to keep going.
I only keep going if the slow people ahead of me stop.

I get irritated with 5somes. And people who play from the wrong tee box.

in a AMtour event today be were told be one guy that we were way behind and had to pick it up on a par 3 tee box. at the end of the hole another marshal/official came around and said we were right on pace and had nothing to worry about. not only did we not rush at all only 1 out of the 4 of us even hit the green. in the end it didn't hurt me at all but it still bugged me.

I get irritated with 5somes. And people who play from the wrong tee box.

At my course we only allow 5 somes of members. Green fee and resort players cannot form 5somes even though they try.

Hehe me and my family once played in an eightsome. The group ahead of us was slow(hackers) so we waited on our group behind us and we all decided to tee off(it was the 16th hole) we only did it on that hole and just kept playing but it was funny to see 8 balls in the fairway.

1. Excessively slow play.

2. Not fixing ball marks on the green.

Back