Things That Irritate You On the Course?

This post is hilarious. But yes, the ladies love them some of the Jake-man.
While I haven't played with you JR, I'm pretty sure you sport only the latest clubs, clothes and gear. So the odd navy shirt here or there ain't gonna change things!

Also I'd hazzerd a guess the ladies would be swooning regardless of attire ;-).

Golfers that are inattentive when I offer swing or equipment advice. I may not always dress like a pro, but generally wear khakis and a nice polo. I play forged irons, granted they are cavity backs, and know more than a bit about the golf swing. I also break 80 on a regular basis.

It gets pretty irritating when I try to help players whose game clearly indicates they're in need of it, especially when they are all dolled up and sporting the latest gear.

Pay attention people. Don't let a good opportunity pass.

Kevin

Golfers that are inattentive when I offer swing or equipment advice. I may not always dress like a pro, but generally wear khakis and a nice polo. I play forged irons, granted they are cavity backs, and know more than a bit about the golf swing. I also break 80 on a regular basis.

It gets pretty irritating when I try to help players whose game clearly indicates they're in need of it, especially when they are all dolled up and sporting the latest gear.

Pay attention people. Don't let a good opportunity pass.

Kevin

Did these people ask for the advice? Because while they may be the worst golfer on Earth, you still shouldn't offer swing advise to someone whodoesn;t ask.

Did these people ask for the advice? Because while they may be the worst golfer on Earth, you still shouldn't offer swing advise to someone whodoesn;t ask.
lol, dude sarcasm.

:bicker:

Yes I should. I'm trying to improve the game for everyone. I've developed a God given ability to the point that I'm able to pass knowledge on to the less fortunate, albeit possibly better dressed, and it would be negligent not to do so.

Kevin

It's a joke. It's Esox.

EDIT: coolbreeze beat me.

Yes I should. I'm trying to improve the game for everyone. I've developed a God given ability to the point that I'm able to pass knowledge on to the less fortunate, albeit possibly better dressed, and it would be negligent not to do so.

Kevin
Everyone with a handicap under 6 has that ability, so it seems. I'm glad you're in that group, Kevin.

Look at you over there, passing the knowledge.

I thought he was legit there... lol

It's a joke. It's Esox.

EDIT: coolbreeze beat me.

Everyone with a handicap under 6 has that ability, so it seems. I'm glad you're in that group, Kevin.

Look at you over there, passing the knowledge.

No joke. I'd be remiss not pass a little of it on.

Kevin

My Pet Peeves
1) When I'm paired with my know it all-really, shut up
2) The frat boys who start drinking on the first hole and by the turn are wasted and think they're the world's greatest comedians
3) The stranger who wants to play for money and rags me about it when I say no thanks
4) When the Starters send off the 4 somes to close together, then things slow down and the Marshalls harass people who have no where to go
5) Mr Big Shot with the phones that never stops ringing the whole time

Don't get me wrong-I've met some great people on the golf course and I do my best to play fast,ready golf. I'm just a quiet person by nature and to play well I have to focus or my game goes all to hell.

No joke. I'd be remiss not pass a little of it on.

Kevin
I love you knowledge bombs, we should play together, I would learn a lot from you. I think you could drop my HC to an 8 after the front 9.

I thought he was legit there... lol

Thought I was legit? Dude, one round with me and those tee shots would be down from 50% slice, 50% hook, to somewhere in the 17% range for each. With your iron game your handicap would quickly drop below 20.

Kevin

I love you knowledge bombs, we should play together, I would learn a lot from you. I think you could drop my HC to an 8 after the front 9.

You were lucky enough to watch me hit wedges on the range for 8 hours at The Morgan Cup. I'm surprised you're not an 8 already based on that alone. I radiate 5 handicap greatness.

Kevin

My Pet Peeves
1) When I'm paired with my know it all-really, shut up
2) The frat boys who start drinking on the first hole and by the turn are wasted and think they're the world's greatest comedians
3) The stranger who wants to play for money and rags me about it when I say no thanks
4) When the Starters send off the 4 somes to close together, then things slow down and the Marshalls harass people who have no where to go
5) Mr Big Shot with the phones that never stops ringing the whole time

Don't get me wrong-I've met some great people on the golf course and I do my best to play fast,ready golf. I'm just a quiet person by nature and to play well I have to focus or my game goes all to hell.
Yeah the #3 thing I hate the most.

Playing partners who want to tell you their score on each hole and it's always off by 2 or more strokes.

As long as I'm not playing them for money, wouldn't bother me. I'd feel sorry for somone whose self esteem and integrity is so low that they have to give false scores.

As long as I'm not playing them for money, wouldn't bother me. I'd feel sorry for somone whose self esteem and integrity is so low that they have to give false scores.
I get questioned the other way! The I have to say out loud that I chunked a chip that went 3 inches. haha

Number one pet peeve is the guy that stood about 4 feet behind my teed up ball watching me hit. Close enough to be a distraction. I was able to tune him out, but after 4 holes of this, I finally told him to stop. He had no clue.

As for untucked shirts-don't care
People who hit their balls into my area will lose their balls, the ones in their sack and their Titleists,Nike, Bridgestones etc.
The guy that is playing with his wife and constantly gives her advice-gee, I wonder why she stops talking to the guy? Moron. I've never seen a woman give a man constant advice, unless its a teaching pro.

Oh yeah, forgot this one. Any 19th hole pub or bar that doesn't have Guinness. That should be a crime!

Number one pet peeve is the guy that stood about 4 feet behind my teed up ball watching me hit. Close enough to be a distraction. I was able to tune him out, but after 4 holes of this, I finally told him to stop. He had no clue.

As for untucked shirts-don't care
People who hit their balls into my area will lose their balls, the ones in their sack and their Titleists,Nike, Bridgestones etc.
The guy that is playing with his wife and constantly gives her advice-gee, I wonder why she stops talking to the guy? Moron. I've never seen a woman give a man constant advice, unless its a teaching pro.
I never offer any advice to my wife unless she asks. Even so, she's better off asking her boss (the club pro).

Question about hitting into people. What do you guys consider getting hit into? I never hit if I think there is any chance that my ball could reach the other people in the air. There have been times when the people in front of us are at the very max range of my best shot, so I knew if by some chance my ball made it to them it would only be at a slow roll.

Should I wait until there is no chance of my ball reaching them at all?

Question about hitting into people. What do you guys consider getting hit into? I never hit if I think there is any chance that my ball could reach the other people in the air. There have been times when the people in front of us are at the very max range of my best shot, so I knew if by some chance my ball made it to them it would only be at a slow roll.

No. As long as it doesn't land close by, you should be good. If everyone waited because they might be able to get there, the Par 5's would all be backed up. If they are just standing there waiting for a group ahead though, it might not hurt you to wait anyway because if you drive up to 20 to 50 yards behind that group it could appear as though your group is being impatient.

We got squirrels that steal out of your cart

Sent from my DROID X2

Yes.

If your ball reaches me in the air. I guarantee you will never see it again. If you roll your ball into me, you're being impatient. Roll your ball into me again, see #1.

I understand it happens on occasion. But you can tell the difference between accident and impatient players. Be patient, wait till it's all clear.

We got squirrels that steal out of your cart

Sent from my DROID X2

Crows -.- They once stole my hotdog and left me the bun

Goose poop!! Lol it's everywhere!!!!

Back