Things That Irritate You On the Course?

Thought I was legit? Dude, one round with me and those tee shots would be down from 50% slice, 50% hook, to somewhere in the 17% range for each. With your iron game your handicap would quickly drop below 20.

Kevin

I'm dying right now!!!

My pet peeve... those that get mad at drinking on the course. It's sold on the course. It's up the cart technician and management staff to keep my under control. Why should I be responsible for how much they sell me?

Oh and when the driving range tries to close early on me. I pay for my balls!

lol @ cart technician. I hate when the technicians are not good at their job.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Fun thread so far...:D

Rude Rangers....They can ruin a round. Especially when they tell you to speed up and play, but it's impossible because you have a 5-somesome (yes that happened) in front of you.

There was a foursome in front of us once. They had one set of clubs. It was too funny watching them run around sharing/switching clubs to be mad.

When people come up to you after your round and ask what you've shot, its a "get that camera out of my face" moment

When other players "push" me. By that I mean faster players. I play fast but sometimes I get someone behind me who seems to have the goal of playing 18 in an hour. Like they get to their ball and just hit it right away with no thought. That's fine for them, it's their time and money, but I don't like when someone's right on my tailgate.

Yesterday I had a guy catch up with me and I was gonna let him play through but then I turned around and he left and went back several holes to replay them. Which he could do because it was such a slow day. Which left me to play my game at my pace.

I can understand really fast play when its really busy like a weekend. But if it's a weekday and hardly anybody out there I don't want to feel "pushed". I'll let you play through.

Yesterday I had a guy catch up with me and I was gonna let him play through but then I turned around and he left and went back several holes to replay them. Which he could do because it was such a slow day. Which left me to play my game at my pace. QUOTE]

That's a brilliant idea for when I am catching people since I usually play single. I never even thought of going back a couple of holes.

Yesterday I had a guy catch up with me and I was gonna let him play through but then I turned around and he left and went back several holes to replay them. Which he could do because it was such a slow day. Which left me to play my game at my pace. QUOTE]

That's a brilliant idea for when I am catching people since I usually play single. I never even thought of going back a couple of holes.

I will do it on a Par 3 if its not crowded and I am not in a rush. Either that or take some time and do some 100 yards and in work after i finish the hole.

Excellent trolling Esox!

At my course everyone is super nice and we all get along, but there's one starter thats always just mad at the world/control freak type guy. The first time I met him was right after I joined and all the tee times had gone off for the day and the front nine was open. I pull up to the first tee by myself and he comes up "You got a tee time!!?", "Yessir, here you go" hand him my ticket. His reply is "Great just what I need, another G** D*** surprise!!" with a super mean tone. I just didn't say anything and figured he was just having a bad day. Anyways, he always harasses me when I go hit balls and try to play when I have unlimited everything at my course.

I don't really like being a tattle tale but I think I'm going to need to speak with the head pro....or either blow up in his face one day and tell him to kiss my butt leave me alone....but will try the civil way first. So irritating.

Maybe I am the only one... but I honestly dont ever get mad on the course. I havent experience alot of the stuff that most have, but I am carefree out there. If I am mad, it is at myself for stinking it up.

I just enjoy the scenary, the challenge, the relaxation and my golfing buddies.

Maybe I am the only one... but I honestly dont ever get mad on the course. I havent experience alot of the stuff that most have, but I am carefree out there. If I am mad, it is at myself for stinking it up.

I just enjoy the scenary, the challenge, the relaxation and my golfing buddies.

I bet a lot of us are pretty similar here...I really don't let much bug me as I'm out golfing and enjoying a good time outdoors with friends. Hard to get too upset when it's all about the fun.

Four people in front of two with no one in front of them for at least four holes. Not playing ready golf and looking at you like WTF when you pass them while they are all around the area off the 8th green. We played the 9th hole and saw them arrive on the 9th tee as we were walking off the green. We never saw them again.

Watching from the tee, seeing the group in front of you(me) hit into the green, and watch them not fix their divots/rake the sand traps

Just annoying

One of my local course has a little hut type cook area by the 9th/10th hole. One time I was trying to tee off from the 3rd hole and was able to hear the "cook" yelling to another employee. They thought they were talking normally but if I was able to hear their entire conversation from a few tees down, its wayyyyy too loud. Figure since they work on a golf course, they should know better.

Snow. We had some snow yesterday, and it's sticking around for today. Now that is horribly irritating. :at-wits-end:

1) Having to ride in a cart with the idiot who always drives straight to his ball and ignores your ball no matter who's ball is where on the course.

2) The putting pro who demands nobody be standing on the green while he putts (usually 3 putts every hole and can't break 100).

3) Story teller guys. People you're paired with figure they don't know you and will never see you again so they spew lies. Sometimes it's funny. But gets old if they don't stop.

3) Nice public course that will turn a blind eye to people wearing jeans.

1) Having to ride in a cart with the idiot who always drives straight to his ball and ignores your ball no matter who's ball is where on the course.

2) The putting pro who demands nobody be standing on the green while he putts (usually 3 putts every hole and can't break 100).

3) Story teller guys. People you're paired with figure they don't know you and will never see you again so they spew lies. Sometimes it's funny. But gets old if they don't stop.

3) Nice public course that will turn a blind eye to people wearing jeans.

What's wrong with jeans? I will wear them occasionally.

This is an obscure one but I've realized it makes me crazy. What is with people placing the club cleaning brush completely in the bucket of water? I mean at my course there are two buckets on the range, each with a little shelf to place the brush on. Do I really need to reach into filthy water to clean a club? The damn thing is on a chain, it won't go far, just keep it out of the water! :banghead:

I frequently golf alone as I typically get out at about 0630 on the weekends and usually around noon on weekdays, so if it is not busy I usually get waved to play through and sometimes I will play through and other times I wont simply becuase I tend to feel rushed when I play through and it will take a hole or 2 to calm down. I dont mind waiting if its not too slow. What I do hate is the fact that at most of the course I play including the course I am a member is that the "ranger" is usually some kid who doesnt really enforce obvious slow play.

so I have found another one...maybe not on the course, but certainly part of it:

I hate when people don't know how to hit off the practice tees and keep their divots concentrated in one spot. Seriously, I went to practice yesterday, they have a practice tee box probably 300 ft long, every foot had a divot mark in it. Not clustered mind you, as it should be, but every one spaced a few inches apart, so that there was absolutely no place to stand without being in a divot. So aggravating.

Also, apparently yesterday was date afternoon at the range, because there were about three guys there trying to teach their g/f's how to golf. That's wonderful and all, but teach them one of the first rules of golf...it's a quiet sport, and the yelling/screeching is pretty distracting.

A person waiting to hit in to a par 5 who can't get there with two shots.
OMG! I was behind a threesome of 20-somethings yesterday that waited until the green was clear on par 4s of 274 and 269. The first time, I was like, OK, because I could probably hit those, too. None of the three came within 80 yards of the fringe--one barely got off the tee box.
The second time, they all stood there waiting while the wind blew into their face at about 10mph. Not only that, but you have to hit a fade around some trees to get to the green. The way the green that I was standing on is situated, it is actually between the tee box they were on and the fairway. I couldn't believe they were waiting, again, so I yelled over, "Hey, I got a 20 that says you can't come within 25yds of that green, two of them if you actually hit it".
It was a safe bet. The closest was in a fairway bunker 40yds off the fringe. They said I made them nervous. I told them "I saw you the first time you did it. You did nothing but hold everyone up thinking you'd hit the shot of a lifetime".

OMG! I was behind a threesome of 20-somethings yesterday that waited until the green was clear on par 4s of 274 and 269. The first time, I was like, OK, because I could probably hit those, too. None of the three came within 80 yards of the fringe--one barely got off the tee box.
The second time, they all stood there waiting while the wind blew into their face at about 10mph. Not only that, but you have to hit a fade around some trees to get to the green. The way the green that I was standing on is situated, it is actually between the tee box they were on and the fairway. I couldn't believe they were waiting, again, so I yelled over, "Hey, I got a 20 that says you can't come within 25yds of that green, two of them if you actually hit it".
It was a safe bet. The closest was in a fairway bunker 40yds off the fringe. They said I made them nervous. I told them "I saw you the first time you did it. You did nothing but hold everyone up thinking you'd hit the shot of a lifetime".

Better than hitting into guys..

Back