SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Didn't get off till 5 pm today so not enough time to play steered my way to the range for some swing time. Did about 20 balls each for the 55* and 60 * to see the distance and flight now that the temps are up. It looks like the 55* will be the 115 yard go to club without any wind and the 60* was consistent for me at 105 yards with no wind. Next time out I'll start choking down and recording changes with the incremented grips to adjust for shorter shots. Man I love these wedges

Didn't get off till 5 pm today so not enough time to play steered my way to the range for some swing time. Did about 20 balls each for the 55* and 60 * to see the distance and flight now that the temps are up. It looks like the 55* will be the 115 yard go to club without any wind and the 60* was consistent for me at 105 yards with no wind. Next time out I'll start choking down and recording changes with the incremented grips to adjust for shorter shots. Man I love these wedges

Holy cow you are murdering that 60! I didn't do near as well, no more than 60 yards. Honestly, I am terrible with a 60 in hand so that played a part.

So is the 55 your favorite club in the bag yet? :D

Holy cow you are murdering that 60! I didn't do near as well, no more than 60 yards. Honestly, I am terrible with a 60 in hand so that played a part.

Got to tell you Griff these wedges instill confidence. Remember I was at the range today so I think the mats have a certain forgiveness. I finally get a day off tomorrow so I'm planning on 1~2 hours short game practice around a grass chipping area, looks like the grass growth has begun so I'll play from some different lies. I love the 55* but to tell the truth the R-11 AW has gotten allot of work with the rounds I have played so far this year. Wind conditions will play into which club to swack.

I can't wait to get these in. I am headed to Denver this week and I wish I had these for the trip!

Im a wedge ho and intrigued. I have the 55 and 59. Been out a couple of times. No real opinion yet, aside from good results out of firm sand. Today the turf will be heavy, so that'll be a good test ...

I tend to discount claims of "all-in-one" wedges, figuring that there is always a compromise vs. purpose-built clubs. "Jack of all trades, master of none." Specifically, it seems to me that the VERY small high-bounce area will be relatively ineffective in a situation where serious bounce is called for. I'll know more after today.

Ahhhh I struggled again with my 56* today, anything halfway wet and I am sliding right under it. Im also struggling with the touch shots I was so good at with my Jaws wedges. Not sure whats going on with this as I was hitting them great when I got out over winter when it was halfway warm, the ground was a lot harder then too so maybe that is a factor of why I was hitting it so well during that time and now I am struggling with the wet conditions. I am far from giving up as I love the looks and feel of these wedges and the performance I saw early on was just amazing. Just gotta give it some more time and practice I guess.

Ahhhh I struggled again with my 56* today, anything halfway wet and I am sliding right under it. Im also struggling with the touch shots I was so good at with my Jaws wedges. Not sure whats going on with this as I was hitting them great when I got out over winter when it was halfway warm, the ground was a lot harder then too so maybe that is a factor of why I was hitting it so well during that time and now I am struggling with the wet conditions. I am far from giving up as I love the looks and feel of these wedges and the performance I saw early on was just amazing. Just gotta give it some more time and practice I guess.

FWIW, I've found that I need to choke down a bit on my 55 and 60 in order to catch chips crisply with them off of wetter ground. Not sure why this is exactly, but something you may want to try. It may just be the effect of the low primary bounce, where you would normally want a higher bounce off of soft turf.

FWIW, I've found that I need to choke down a bit on my 55 and 60 in order to catch chips crisply with them off of wetter ground. Not sure why this is exactly, but something you may want to try. It may just be the effect of the low primary bounce, where you would normally want a higher bounce off of soft turf.

I will def give that a shot dude. My course is almost always wet so this could end up being a problem if I cant get this worked out. I have no problem at all of the harder ground or bunkers.

10yd, I know a little about playing in wet conditions and it sounds to me like your just hitting them a little fat, which in soggy conditions is death. I would just move the ball back a little in your stance and put more weight on your front foot and hit that chip or pitch.

10yd, I know a little about playing in wet conditions and it sounds to me like your just hitting them a little fat, which in soggy conditions is death. I would just move the ball back a little in your stance and put more weight on your front foot and hit that chip or pitch.

I am def hitting them a little fat, for sure. Next time out I will move my ball position back to about one ball back of center and choke down some and see if that solves the problem. Hopefully I can get adjusted to it and continue on with the greatness I saw out of these over winter.

Griff, Worked for close to 2 hours today with various wedges with up hill shots within 10~15 yds and flat pitches and jumping over rough bump out's.
I'd have to hand it to you the 55* SCOR wedge performed very well over my AW and PW from the R-11 set for most of these shot's.
Probably credit the heavier shaft I believe it's 120G compared to the KBS 90 from the TaylorMade set, the 55* SCOR felt much better over time and through the work out.
Anyway ball placement and follow through was drilled allot today to get that feel around the Green.

Hope to get a round in tomorrow and see if session plays into my game. Thanks for the question is the 55* my fav yet? Will provide more feedback later.

Griff, Worked for close to 2 hours today with various wedges with up hill shots within 10~15 yds and flat pitches and jumping over rough bump out's.
I'd have to hand it to you the 55* SCOR wedge performed very well over my AW and PW from the R-11 set for most of these shot's.
Probably credit the heavier shaft I believe it's 120G compared to the KBS 90 from the TaylorMade set, the 55* SCOR felt much better over time and through the work out.
Anyway ball placement and follow through was drilled allot today to get that feel around the Green.

Hope to get a round in tomorrow and see if session plays into my game. Thanks for the question is the 55* my fav yet? Will provide more feedback later.

Great news. I like the weight and feel of the SCORs as well. Set wedges are great for matching look and feel. Sometimes they can fall short when versatility is needed. I naturally gravitated to grabbing the 55 whenever I could. Good results will do that.

One-T - you still enjoying that 41 and 45? Do you take many partial shots with them? Talk to me about ease of use on full shots compared to the corresponding DPC's.

Got this in the email a couple days ago from SCOR:

Dear “Lefty”,

We have had a number of you leave your email and contact information with so that we could contact you when the left hand SCOR4161 wedges will be available. I’m writing you personally to tell you that we need you to wait just a little longer.

Tooling a whole new set of these revolutionary scoring clubs takes time . . . a little more time that we had hoped, unfortunately. But they are in the works and we expect them to be ready to ship to us around the middle of May. So your wait is just a bit longer than we both had hoped.

But hang in there; when you get these in your hands, you will quickly agree that the wait was well worth it. We continue to get rave reviews from our owners. And we’re sure you will be raving, too.

Please accept our apologies for the delay, but rest assured we’ll be in contact with you as soon as they are headed this way from our foundry, and we’ll be offering you a special purchase offer for your patience.

Best regards,

Terry Koehler, President

One-T - you still enjoying that 41 and 45? Do you take many partial shots with them? Talk to me about ease of use on full shots compared to the corresponding DPC's.

I still have them in the bag, but....I prefer my DPC 9 iron over the 41*. Not for any other reason than I am hitting my DPC 9 iron very well. As for forgiveness in the 41 and 45...I think they are VERY forgiving. My miss is a chunk though, and no club will fix that. But, if your out on the toe, heel, or high you will see you can live with the outcome. Not much distance loss.

I got away from using the SCOR method for a little bit, which is, choke down and make a full swing. I was trying to be "cute" with those tweener shots. it was NEVER pretty.

I use my 57* like its going out of style. Most bunker shots, I use it unless I need more carry. I have become VERY consistent out of bunkers. I dont fear them anymore and I kind of get excited when I am in one to show off my sand skills. haha.

if someone were to ask me whether to get the 418 and 45* or lofts to match their 9 and PW from their current set, I dont know what I would say. To me, its a personal preference. It will depend on what that particular person is looking for. I think if you have a GE iron, I wouldnt fool with it. If you have a GI iron then it could be very handy for your game. THE DPC to me is a borderline GE iron. so, I get the porformance I am looking for and havent found a need for the SCORs. But, when I had the CG7's, the SCORs were what I needed. Does that make sense?

I think I rambled

It does make sense. I have this thing going on where I'm happy with the way I hit my 5-8 irons and my wedges, but I'm not hitting the 9 iron and PW nearly as well as I think I should. It's really been that way for a long time and it's annoying. They just look different and set up different than my irons, yet they don't really perform like a wedge. I'd rather just hit my wedge if I can or be 150 yards out.

I was tracking the shipment of my SCORs last night and it said that they had just left Commerce City, Colorado. What?!?! I am in Colorado right now! If only I had checked it the day before, I could have made arrangements to pick them up. Now I have to wait until Monday to get them. :(

Interesting thoughts from One-T and the hawkster. I can't imagine replacing my 9iron and PW, but I've never tried a SCOR wedge either. I've witnessed little broski get away from the SCOR's technique and he should've never done that. He was so proficient with these things out of the gate it was almost annoying. But he's experimented for the sake of long term testing, which is what one should do. I tell you one thing I like about them (based on my observations) is how easily he can flight these things in a little lower with still tons of bite on the golf ball. It's impressive and it makes me want to try it.

I personally believe it would be good to have a consistent 9-LW. It is sorta like having a solid set of wedges for years and changing the irons out. This just takes it a little bit farther in to the scoring distances. It would be from 130 out for me.

Interesting thoughts from One-T and the hawkster. I can't imagine replacing my 9iron and PW, but I've never tried a SCOR wedge either. I've witnessed little broski get away from the SCOR's technique and he should've never done that. He was so proficient with these things out of the gate it was almost annoying. But he's experimented for the sake of long term testing, which is what one should do. I tell you one thing I like about them (based on my observations) is how easily he can flight these things in a little lower with still tons of bite on the golf ball. It's impressive and it makes me want to try it.

Definitely a good discussion TC. I'm going to replace the 9i and PW with SCOR wedges for sure. I find them so easy to hit its sickening. I need to figure out it pretty quick though.

Definitely a good discussion TC. I'm going to replace the 9i and PW with SCOR wedges for sure. I find them so easy to hit its sickening. I need to figure out it pretty quick though.

ha! So that means you'll have two SCOR wedges in 6 months or later.

ha! So that means you'll have two SCOR wedges in 6 months or later.

LOL exactly. I'm using two Tuna was kind enough to let me try (the 43* and 47*) right now... and man. The 43* took out my PW and its just barely shorter than my 9i. So much easier to flight down though. more spin than Im used to at times though haha. Once I get the yardages dailed in for my newest set of clubs that's what I'll base my lofts off of. I would be changing SW or LW though.

Simple reason Ad - when the turf is wet, your feet tend to sink just a bit, so if you don't choke down a bit, you will hit it fat. I know this, but damned if I don't forget it a lot!

Simple reason Ad - when the turf is wet, your feet tend to sink just a bit, so if you don't choke down a bit, you will hit it fat. I know this, but damned if I don't forget it a lot!

That may be exactly what it was that day BB. I was working with it off the drier turf at the range yesterday, and did not have to choke down as much to make some good chipping contact.

I know that for the first few months, I kept looking for reasons that I wouldn't like replacing my PW with the SCOR 45 because I had hit the R11 PW and AW so consistently at the MC. I carried both the SCORs and R11s to the range for about two months, and just kept liking the SCORs more and more. A month or so ago, the R11s started collecting dust in the garage. Having been someone who played chunkier Game Improvements or SGIs in the past, I've really started to understand the joy and logic behind the "combo" set. The PW replacement is just too solid to keep out of the bag, particularly with my diggier swing path.

I've never been a decent wedge player, and with blade wedges, I previously hated taking full or 3/4 swings with them because more often than not the excavation went as far as the ball. With these, I spend at least a third of each range bucket playing any shot I can think of to the 50, 75, and 100 yard markers...and pull off more than I should.

That may be exactly what it was that day BB. I was working with it off the drier turf at the range yesterday, and did not have to choke down as much to make some good chipping contact.

I know that for the first few months, I kept looking for reasons that I wouldn't like replacing my PW with the SCOR 45 because I had hit the R11 PW and AW so consistently at the MC. I carried both the SCORs and R11s to the range for about two months, and just kept liking the SCORs more and more. A month or so ago, the R11s started collecting dust in the garage. Having been someone who played chunkier Game Improvements or SGIs in the past, I've really started to understand the joy and logic behind the "combo" set. The PW replacement is just too solid to keep out of the bag, particularly with my diggier swing path.

I've never been a decent wedge player, and with blade wedges, I previously hated taking full or 3/4 swings with them because more often than not the excavation went as far as the ball. With these, I spend at least a third of each range bucket playing any shot I can think of to the 50, 75, and 100 yard markers...and pull off more than I should.

I really cant wait to get these paired up with some clubs that match thelofts that I'm trying more AD. From what you have been reporting, man I'm really anxious.

Back