SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Far as looks and feel transitioning to the irons it can be odd. The SCORs are in with the Redline set and going from 9I to the SCOR is a shocker in looks. However, when I get a SCOR in my hand my mentality changes. The irons I just hit them to their distance. SCORs I have a much smaller target area and I choke down if needed. I'm thinking "short game" when I use a SCOR, not iron play. It's like an extended set of wedges. Don't even refer to them as PW or SW. It's hit the 47, hit the 55, etc.

Solution would be to have SCORs that run down to 3I :D

Well fellas its been raining here all day (pouring I should say) and same thing is suppose to happen tomorrow but I am going to try to get out in the morning or afternoon if possible between the rain, it will be a HUGE test for me and the SCOR since it will be even wetter than normal, should be down right muddy to be honest. I will be trying the tips from Coolbreeze and adwillingham, choke down a little more and move the ball back in my stance some more, will be playing it about 1 ball behind center to start with and will adjust from there on the range before my round until I get it figured out as much as I can before my round. I will let you know how it goes, im just excited to get back out on the course as its been a rough week.

I had a much better today with my 56* SCOR, played the ball pretty much 1 ball behind center on every shot with this and it worked perfectly. Had some really good touch shots that I thought were going to go in as well. I only hit 1 of those slide under neath shots and that was on the range before hand, the course was so wet today as well, standing water in a lot of places from all the rain yesterday. Very pleased with this one today for sure.

I played my second round since New Years on Friday. It was great to get back out. The SCORs treated me like I had not been away from the game at all. It's amazing what a level of confidence can do. I am still absolutely enamored with the 60*. Shot after shot, I get good to great results with it. Previously I could only hope not to blade the ball. On Friday I only had two really poor wedge shots, and both were of the obese variety. I still tend to go down after the ball occasionally and it never turns out well. When I just put a smooth 85-90% swing on it, my results are always better.

I look forward to getting back out again with these clubs and trying to be a more productive around here.

I am continually amazed by the SCOR wedges I have in the bag. These class are long, precise and spin like a top in a tornado. I missed the 17th green way right but pin high on Friday. I had a questionable uphill lie and hit a shot that I played to release to the hole but it took a 4' hop and stopped 15' from the flag. Oh my the spin from the rough is sick. I will be getting my own set.

I am right there with you Freddie. I have actually seen a nice percentage increase in my scrambling stats. It is going up quite nicely and my confidence is through the roof with these wedges.

What lofts are you thinking about going with?

I played my second round since New Years on Friday. It was great to get back out. The SCORs treated me like I had not been away from the game at all. It's amazing what a level of confidence can do. I am still absolutely enamored with the 60*. Shot after shot, I get good to great results with it. Previously I could only hope not to blade the ball. On Friday I only had two really poor wedge shots, and both were of the obese variety. I still tend to go down after the ball occasionally and it never turns out well. When I just put a smooth 85-90% swing on it, my results are always better.

I look forward to getting back out again with these clubs and trying to be a more productive around here.

Welcome back dude.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Had another decent day with the 56* today, almost chipped in twice (lipped out). One shot really stuck out to me though and I am not sure what happened on this one but I hit it perfect about 6 feet short of the flag and it had absolutely NO spin at all, it hit and rolled about 20 feet over the green, kinda puzzled on this one. This is one of those shots I am use to sticking and having it hit and stop or come back a little. Other than that one nothing funny with the wedge today.

Had another decent day with the 56* today, almost chipped in twice (lipped out). One shot really stuck out to me though and I am not sure what happened on this one but I hit it perfect about 6 feet short of the flag and it had absolutely NO spin at all, it hit and rolled about 20 feet over the green, kinda puzzled on this one. This is one of those shots I am use to sticking and having it hit and stop or come back a little. Other than that one nothing funny with the wedge today.

Was the shot that rolled out from the rough? Most likely from an impact high in the face or toward the toe.

Had a fun time this weekend with a Mid Atlantic get together and was very happy with my 55* SCOR wedge. On one hole I had about a 30 yd chip out of a front Bunker up hill that I played straight up to carry and the shot hit the pin, Jeremy told he could see the spin on the ball and after hitting the pin it still tried to spin back to the hole. I think I had about a 3 footer for the Putt.

I've inserted a video from another hole that we attempted to do a HOTD vid with and you'll see some good roll out of the back bunker. If the Greens were a littler smoother it could have rolled in from my line of site.

After a trial with a 50* I've decided these are the right wedges to replace my CG12's! I'll be gaming the 50, 54, 58 Scor wedges this year and can't wait for the 54 & 58 to arrive.

Had a fun time this weekend with a Mid Atlantic get together and was very happy with my 55* SCOR wedge. On one hole I had about a 30 yd chip out of a front Bunker up hill that I played straight up to carry and the shot hit the pin, Jeremy told he could see the spin on the ball and after hitting the pin it still tried to spin back to the hole. I think I had about a 3 footer for the Putt.

I've inserted a video from another hole that we attempted to do a HOTD vid with and you'll see some good roll out of the back bunker. If the Greens were a littler smoother it could have rolled in from my line of site.

Nicely played! Did you make the putt?

After a trial with a 50* I've decided these are the right wedges to replace my CG12's! I'll be gaming the 50, 54, 58 Scor wedges this year and can't wait for the 54 & 58 to arrive.

Mr. Gray - thank you very much for your support! Keep us posted here on THP with the highlight reel from your experiences with the 54/58!

Was the shot that rolled out from the rough? Most likely from an impact high in the face or toward the toe.

Nope it was actually dead center of the fairway and the ball mark/grass stain on the face started at the first groove and went up to about the 4th, center of the face as well. It just really puzzled me. Shawn it could possibly be I just didnt hit it as good as I thought as well lol, maybe not as steep as usual.

Afternoon gents,

I am looking to purchase some new wedges this year.

To replace my SW and LW I was looking at the Cleveland 588's and comparing them with the SCOR wedges.

Now, I have hit 60* LW's before, I don't hit them as well and don't like them as well as 58* LWs (no idea why that dang 2* must really make a difference for me - I just feel a greater lack of control). Now the 588's don't specify between SW and LW, (though we can assume SW/LW based upon the degree).

The SCOR's do segregate based upon SW/LW and only offer the LW in 60* it appears.
I guess my question just comes down to, frankly could I buy a 58* SCOR SW and have it perform similar to a 58* LW? I would assume so logically but wanted to confirm this before placing an order. I have demoed the 58* 588's and do enjoy them a lot, but am considering testing the SCOR wedges as well and wanted to clear this up in my head so I don't end up ordering something I didn't expect.

Edit: I would demo at a local pro shop if they were stocked, I know SCOR offers an awesome 30 day trial demo, but ideally I will not be returning the club and want to make sure I am ordering the right fit for me.

A 58* wedge is just that, 58* wedge. Doesnt matter if it says SW or LW, its the loft that matters. A 58* SCOR will be exactly like a 58* club stamped LW. Im sure Shawn will answer in a more professional way lol.

A 58* wedge is just that, 58* wedge. Doesnt matter if it says SW or LW, its the loft that matters. A 58* SCOR will be exactly like a 58* club stamped LW. Im sure Shawn will answer in a more professional way lol.

Thanks, this is what I had assumed but I just wanted to confirm before wasting anyone's time having to exchange it or something along those lines.

Nuff said 10Yard...exactly right. There are no industry standards...call it whatever you like. Lob wedge, high lofted sand wedge, sand wedge 2. We call it a 58° SCOR4161 Wedge. We group our clubs by common name for the golfer that is accustom to seeing them that way...rather than wondering what a club with a 58 on the bottom is.

Nope it was actually dead center of the fairway and the ball mark/grass stain on the face started at the first groove and went up to about the 4th, center of the face as well. It just really puzzled me. Shawn it could possibly be I just didnt hit it as good as I thought as well lol, maybe not as steep as usual.
No telling...that would be my guess. Slight blade perhaps...or downwind or landing on a green that slopped away from you.

Mr. Gray - thank you very much for your support! Keep us posted here on THP with the highlight reel from your experiences with the 54/58![/QUOTE]

Your welcome Shawn! Can't wait to have the set in the bag.

So pumped right now! After reading this whole thread start to finish, I have decided to purchase some Scors! The same thing happened to me on the SeeMore putter thread, and that turned out to be great for me. So decided why not try it again?! haha.

I have been speaking with Shawn back and forth for a few days, and he has provided nothing short of remarkable customer service! Thanks again Shawn!

So I just completed my purchased for a 52 and 57. I have been long contemplating dropping a wedge and only going with my PW and 2 others. Shawn was extremely helpful with the selection process and also giving me some great tips to better wedge play. Now I just have to wait for delivery! I may decide to go ahead down the road and replace the PW or 9i, but for now I am going to ease my way into these wedges first.

Thanks to everyone who tested and commented in this thread! Without these pages of detailed analysis from you all, I would have never made a purchase like this without testing the club first - But knowing that you all went through this, I am confident I made the right choice.

Thanks again to everyone here, Scor golf, and Shawn! Well done!

Congrats berty! I also have the 52 & 57 and thought they worked extremely well with that 5* gap.

So pumped right now! After reading this whole thread start to finish, I have decided to purchase some Scors! The same thing happened to me on the SeeMore putter thread, and that turned out to be great for me. So decided why not try it again?! haha.

I have been speaking with Shawn back and forth for a few days, and he has provided nothing short of remarkable customer service! Thanks again Shawn!

So I just completed my purchased for a 52 and 57. I have been long contemplating dropping a wedge and only going with my PW and 2 others. Shawn was extremely helpful with the selection process and also giving me some great tips to better wedge play. Now I just have to wait for delivery! I may decide to go ahead down the road and replace the PW or 9i, but for now I am going to ease my way into these wedges first.

Thanks to everyone who tested and commented in this thread! Without these pages of detailed analysis from you all, I would have never made a purchase like this without testing the club first - But knowing that you all went through this, I am confident I made the right choice.

Thanks again to everyone here, Scor golf, and Shawn! Well done!

Congrats on the purchase - I am sure you will love them.

Congrats berty! I also have the 52 & 57 and thought they worked extremely well with that 5* gap.

That was one of my concerns Cookie - so I am glad you found no issues. Thanks!

Congrats on the purchase - I am sure you will love them.

Thanks ddelise! I absolutely believe I will love them as well!

Thanks ddelise! I absolutely believe I will love them as well!

I think a key is to learn your distances with a nice full, but not "hard" (if that makes sense), shot. Once you get the distances down and the gaps between your other clubs, then you should have the confidence to point and shoot at your target. These are very consistent to me distance wise (I used to get some crazy flyers out of the fairway with my old Pings and Callaways) which is another aspect of why I find these wedges great to use.

I haven't been putting as much feedback as I like in here but I'm also not wanting to take away from others either! I just have to say, when I'm looking at my potential sets of irons I'm looking to see how I can incorporate the SCOR's into the set. I no longer carry a PW and my 9i is soon to go as well. My miss is a draw (yes at this time its a miss) or I hit it off the toe lol. Thats it. The occasional fade once every so often but thats a product of the shot shape Im going for.

Overall My thoughts:

Forgiveness
:
I have to do a double take at times to realize what I'm swinging. I know I hit towards the toe but the ball still stays somewhat on course and has never put me in danger. I may lose 10 yards or more but its bad at all.

Feel/Sound
:
My favorite part of these clubs. So soft yet extremely crisp. The feedback on mishits is nothing jarring and imo dull which is a good thing for me. In love with the way these sound/feel.

Turf Interaction:
Again unmatched for me. I take huge divots. These slice through the turf for me better than I could've hoped. I hear/feel a thud but the club doesnt get caught up at all. Just a nice huge divot lol. Amazing.

Accuracy:
I play to 140 and 125-130 yards if I can off the tee. Ciompletely changed the way I look at this game from that perspective. I just know if Im within those ranges and thats my middle to the green yardage, I'll be home or very close. I had 117 to the center last sunday. Pulled out the 47*, choked up and just aimed for the middle. I had to hit around a tree if I get lucky, draw it in. I did just that, ended up pin high just off the green (drew a bit too much). I'd never try that shot with other clubs because I would fear a push to the right. I would've been in the water had that happened.

Back