Premier League 2011-12 season (Spoilers)

Another big win by Arsenal!! Combined with the Spurs draw, we're into 3rd place!!

Another big win by Arsenal!! Combined with the Spurs draw, we're into 3rd place!!

I hate Chelsea. With that said, WHAT A COMEBACK BY QPR!!! DOWN 2-0 in the 70th (I believe) and come back and win 3-2.

I hate Chelsea. With that said, WHAT A COMEBACK BY QPR!!! DOWN 2-0 in the 70th (I believe) and come back and win 3-2.

3 goals in the last 15 minutes against a usually solid Reds defense is impressive! With both Chelsea and Liverpool losing last night it's looking like they're both out of the running for the CL next season

And I almost forgot. Tevez got into his second game of the season yesterday. Didn't look to excited when Aguerro scored his goal.

It made me sick, jeez is there some award you get for mucking up as bad as LFC have this season?

This weekend's games:

Saturday, March 24:

• Chelsea v Tottenham, 8:45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
  • Arsenal v Aston Villa, 11am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)
  • Liverpool v Wigan, 11am, FOX Soccer Plus/FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Bolton v Blackburn, 11am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Norwich v Wolves, 11am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Sunderland v QPR, 11am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Swansea v Everton, 11am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Stoke v Manchester City, 1:30pm, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)

Sunday, March 25:

NOTE: British Summer Time (BST) returns on this date.

• West Brom v Newcastle, 11am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)

Monday, March 26:

• Manchester United v Fulham, 3pm, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

All times Eastern.

Pretty bleh game by City today in a 1-1 tie to Stoke. This one hurt their title chances a lot.

Another impressive defeat by Liverpool against a titelchasing team(Yeah, I´m sarcastic). Kudos to Wigan for an impressive win though! Sterling was about the only highlight in LFC, that boy has pace!

And yet they will keep king Kenny in charge........................

Another impressive defeat by Liverpool against a titelchasing team(Yeah, I´m sarcastic). Kudos to Wigan for an impressive win though! Sterling was about the only highlight in LFC, that boy has pace!

Yupp, actually I don´t mind keeping Kenny in charge - he´s not the one playing like crap everyother game. I honestly hope he starts to focus on the cup and letting the youngsters getting as many chances as possible. Champ league is out the window and they´re still in Europe next season. Start to build next seasons team now - I say. There´s a couple of key players that don´t perform. Make them perform or get rid of them, no ones bigger than the team, or atleast it used to be the case In LFC.

Come on dude you guys have been saying that for the last 5 years, Liverpool have made some seriously bad buys this season. I'll say they are not afraid to spend the money but they have not spent it wisely. Gerrard has to go, Suaras was an awful buy

Come on dude you guys have been saying that for the last 5 years, Liverpool have made some seriously bad buys this season. I'll say they are not afraid to spend the money but they have not spent it wisely. Gerrard has to go, Suaras was an awful buy

What else are we supposed to say?:banghead:
I don´t agree he has to go, he´d make a hell of a defensive midfielder. Suarez a bad buy? Then what would you categorize Carroll as? There´s nothing wrong with Suarez(not counting his temper), but there should be another striker with similar one-on-one abilities or atleast lots of speed.

This weekend's games:

Saturday, March 31:

• Manchester City v Sunderland, 10am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
  • Aston Villa v Chelsea, 10am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)
  • QPR v Arsenal, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus/FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Everton v West Brom, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Fulham v Norwich City, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Wigan v Stoke, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Wolves v Bolton, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go

Sunday, April 1:

• Newcastle v Liverpool, 8:30am, FOX Soccer Plus/FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Tottenham v Swansea, 11am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)

Monday, April 2:

• Blackburn v Manchester United, 3pm, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

Helluva finish in the City-Sunderland game. City left for dead, scores twice in a couple of minutes late to tie the game 3-3. First home non win of the season, and it puts them in a precarious position if United wins on Monday.

What else are we supposed to say?:banghead:
I don´t agree he has to go, he´d make a hell of a defensive midfielder. Suarez a bad buy? Then what would you categorize Carroll as? There´s nothing wrong with Suarez(not counting his temper), but there should be another striker with similar one-on-one abilities or atleast lots of speed.

Carroll was a case of money ball being injected into soccer. They looked at his goal to minute ratio along with the lack of fouls he gets and the amount he draws. Statistically, Carroll is an excellent player. The problem is that they didn't look into the team setup that let him succed. Then to try and do so, they got Downing to feed him crosses. The problem is that Downing is slow and can't cross worth a sour puss. Honestly I can't tell if Comoli is running the ship (he has a history of excellent and then crap buy) or if Henry and Co are telling him what to do.

Suarez wasn't a bad buy aside from all the controversy. However before they bought him it should have been pretty easy to see that he's a guy that needs 5 chances to bury one. He's a live wire up front and can create a lot of chances for others but no one on the team aside from Bellamy can keep up with him. LP isn't a stagnant team but they aren't a fast one through out the whole team either and it's causing an issue with different players trying to do different things and others not understanding. Kind of like Mata and Ramiers at Chelsea.

Actually much like Chelsea, LP needs to pick a plan about how they want the team to play and go from there. Moneyball doesn't translate well to footie and if LP's transfer policy comes down to buying players who have a good sell on amount, well, that's not going to work. You can't be a very successful team and a feeder club at the same time.

Slow week for soccer until Friday.

Wednesday, April 4:

Champions League quarterfinal 2nd leg, Chelsea v Benfica, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer (available after 5pm from FOX Soccer 2Go)

Poor L'OM got slaughtered by Bayern today. If it wasn't for super Mandala it would have been 10-0 instead of just the 2. I bet someone picks him up shortly whem Deschampes leaves.

This weekend's games:

Friday, April 6:
•Swansea v Newcastle, 11:30am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)

Saturday, April 7:
•Sunderland v Tottenham, 7:45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
•Chelsea v Wigan, 10am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)
•Liverpool v Aston Villa, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus/FOX Soccer 2Go
•Bolton v Fulham, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
•Norwich v Everton, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
•West Brom v Blackburn, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
•Stoke v Wolves, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)

Sunday, April 8:
•Manchester United v QPR, 8:30am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)
•Arsenal v Manchester City, 11am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after midnight from FOX Soccer 2Go)

Dempsey its having a nice second half with Fulham

He's having a great season. Be interesting to see where he starts next season as fulham have already made noises that they are ready to cash in.

Carroll was a case of money ball being injected into soccer. They looked at his goal to minute ratio along with the lack of fouls he gets and the amount he draws. Statistically, Carroll is an excellent player. The problem is that they didn't look into the team setup that let him succed. Then to try and do so, they got Downing to feed him crosses. The problem is that Downing is slow and can't cross worth a sour puss. Honestly I can't tell if Comoli is running the ship (he has a history of excellent and then crap buy) or if Henry and Co are telling him what to do.

Suarez wasn't a bad buy aside from all the controversy. However before they bought him it should have been pretty easy to see that he's a guy that needs 5 chances to bury one. He's a live wire up front and can create a lot of chances for others but no one on the team aside from Bellamy can keep up with him. LP isn't a stagnant team but they aren't a fast one through out the whole team either and it's causing an issue with different players trying to do different things and others not understanding. Kind of like Mata and Ramiers at Chelsea.

Actually much like Chelsea, LP needs to pick a plan about how they want the team to play and go from there. Moneyball doesn't translate well to footie and if LP's transfer policy comes down to buying players who have a good sell on amount, well, that's not going to work. You can't be a very successful team and a feeder club at the same time.

You´re actually right. the lack of speed throughout is a problem for teams playing on the break. LP usually plays possession which doesn´t really require you to be the fastest team on the pitch, but it helps if you are. I would rather focus on the historic lack of speed on the wings, Downing isn´t slow, he and the team suffers more by Enriques ball-hogging. Gerrard isn´t as effective in his runs as he used to be - It might be age or all the injuries but he´s not involved as much in the last third of the pitch as he used to be.
This season´s going down the toilet fast, and I´d rather look ahead to next season - Sure winning another cup would be great, but the thing I´ll remember most about this season is our horrid home-record, and Suarez´s bans.lol

Sorry Smalls City are done and dusted buddy

Yeah, they lost a very important game with Arsenal to go 8 points behind. Still have a big lead on third, but they better turn it around or that may be in trouble too.

Balotelli needs to GO. He's a dirty bastard and he should have gotten the red card he got with his 2nd yellow, early in the game when he went in with his spikes up. I hope he gets suspended and misses more than the two games for the red.

And the United player who dove and got a QPR player a red card should be suspended too. The diving has to stop.

Yeah, they lost a very important game with Arsenal to go 8 points behind. Still have a big lead on third, but they better turn it around or that may be in trouble too.

Balotelli needs to GO. He's a dirty bastard and he should have gotten the red card he got with his 2nd yellow, early in the game when he went in with his spikes up. I hope he gets suspended and misses more than the two games for the red.

And the United player who dove and got a QPR player a red card should be suspended too. The diving has to stop.

That would be Ashley Young. That was a brutal call. We still would have won the game. We dominated posession anyway. My highlight of the weekend was watching the Arsenal fans do the Poznan after scoring against Man City. Gotta love the creativity of the fans over there. I was laughing hysterically.

Back