Premier League 2011-12 season (Spoilers)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
The season starts in a couple of weeks, so I figure it's time to start a new season thread.

Use this for anything soccer that you want, not just EPL. If you feel a competition deserves a new thread, go right ahead!

Upcoming games before the real games start:

Friday, August 5:
2:30pm: Manchester United v New York Cosmos, Fox Soccer Channel

Saturday, August 6:
12:30pm: Liverpool vs Valencia, Fox Soccer Channel

Sunday, August 7:
9:30am: Manchester United vs Manchester City [Community Shield], Fox Soccer Channel

All times Eastern.

Fantasy league for anyone who wants to try it:

League name: THP EPL Fantasy
League password: Hackers
PLEASE USE YOUR FORUM NAME SO WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE
Link: http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/en/frontpage

This is just for fun, No prizes.

Last edited:
First game of the season for me on Saturday. Can't wait to get back into the football routine

My uncles going to the community shield on saturday. Im jealous but excited to see the first game of the new year.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ay/2011/Aug/Papers-Sneijder-bid-accepted.aspx

Wesley Sneijder will become a Manchester United player this week... if he accepts a restructured pay-deal to move to the Premier League. The Dutch midfielder's club, Inter Milan, have paved the way for a £30million-plus transfer by accepting, in principle, a formal offer United made at the weekend. They are ready to grant Sneijder permission to speak to officials from Old Trafford, and the Mirror understands those talks will take place later this week

My uncles going to the community shield on saturday. Im jealous but excited to see the first game of the new year.

He won't see much action on Saturday, lets hope he turns up on Sunday - hehe

Oh you know what I meant hehe

Stoked to have footy coming back, but not very enthusiastic about the Gunners chances of winning any hardware this season. Looks to be a season I'll be rooting for a top four finish. Sneijder to Man U is a great move. Man U and Man City should be great to watch this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of teams outside the prem to keep a watch on this year:

PSG - I'm interested to see how the French Man City gets on

Sporting Lisbon - They're going to be the new Sevilla (Juan Ramos era). They seem to be stock piling very pacy and technical midfielders. I don't see them getting past Porto but they should be able to play some awesome one touch ball this year

Goooooooooooooooo Gunners!

Seconded!

I want Cesc and Nasri out of town and Wegner to spend spend spend to replace. Sadly I predict none of that will happen, Cesc will miss half the matches with a broken Barca, I mean strained hammy, and Nasri will develop a severe cough limiting him to a handful of matches.

Seconded!

I want Cesc and Nasri out of town and Wegner to spend spend spend to replace. Sadly I predict none of that will happen, Cesc will miss half the matches with a broken Barca, I mean strained hammy, and Nasri will develop a severe cough limiting him to a handful of matches.

I strongly doubt that Nasri will have a bad season intentionally the season before he hits the transfer window as a complete free agent. Cesc on the other hand will probably be pouting quite a bit, just like last year.

ST- PSG and Sporting Lisbon should both be fun to watch. I'm interested in how Bayern will bounce back from last season too.

Its going to be anything BUT a boring season. We have the big clubs as usual but there´s going to be a huge fight to get into the top 4 and I don´t see any club running away with the title this year.

Here´s a couple of hopes/predictions:

Sir Alex will have a go on at least 2 refs, AND get away with it.
Wenger, will buy........No one spectacular and proceed to piss off Gunner fans all over the world - again. Oh, and he´ll whine about other teams playing rough every chance he gets. And they´ll win? nothing!
Chelsea going portoguese again, and no the new guy isn´t the choosen one. Torres? He´ll score more than last year, which shouldn´t be too hard. He´ll also be out injured for at least 10 games.
Man city: one word: Balotelli
Liverpool: Will probably find out the hard way why having a great left back is so important, unless they get one before the window closes. Gerrard won´t play a game before october. LFC will start shaky and mount a mighty challenge too late, as usual.(being an LFCsupporter I sure hope I´m wrong)

So who will win this year?

United wins again this year unless De Gea really can't settle. They win convincingly if Snedjer comes.

City pips second only because there's still to many new faces to toally gel. They have a good run in the Champs league

Chelsea pips third. No meltdowns like last year but no start to the season where they scored 6 goals for fun. Everyone wonders how they do it without a good linking midfield. Torres actually manages 10-12 goals.

Pool pops in 4th with their late challange as usual. Carrager and no great LB cause them big problems as does figuring out how to use all their center mid's during the year. Suarez goes on a tear and finishes in the top 3 league scorers. Carroll has a fast start, terrible middle as he gets tired from extra games that he's not use to and finishes strong. I expect Pool to score a lot this year but ship a lot as Reina can't bale them out all the time.

Arsenal finishes 5th and everyone wonders how. They show a good record against the top 6 teams but lose vital points to bottom 6 teams through set pieces again. If they play West Ham in one of the cups, they get beat and Allardyce once again decides to tell the world he should be coaching Inter. Moratti agrees and puts him in charge of the U12's

Totts in 6th. VdV wills the team forward on his own and Fridel finally teaches the rest of the back line how to play defense. Bale breaks down with an injury and Totts has to learn a new style by ignoring 'Arry.

Kean and his chicken farm get relegated

Fantasy league for anyone who wants to try it:

League name: THP EPL Fantasy
League password: Hackers
PLEASE USE YOUR FORUM NAME SO WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE
Link: http://games.espn.go.com/premier-fantasy/en/frontpage

This is just for fun, No prizes. One entry per person.

I am going to copy this to the first post as well.

Unfortunately I agree with ST's predictions. Man U takes the EPL title over City by a decent margin, just because City needs some matches together to get clicking. City does better than them in the CL though. Gunners do their typical deal and beat up on the top squads, but lose to everyone else, probably draw Barca or Real Madrid in the CL and get eliminated, and also lose to a team they're favored to beat in the FA cup quarters. Wenger will cry about all the refs, Man City's spending and sponsorship deal, yada yada yada.... If Wenger doesn't make some more signings (idealally some tough CB's and move Verm to LB), I'm not going to have much hope for the season.

That's because I didn't hit the CREATE GROUP button! It is there now!

Hahaha. I'm in now. The first week seems easy, but after that it should be real fun and a nice challenge.

I am trying to join the league but cannot find it when I search. Also when I click on a position to add a player, all of the names disappear. WTH?

I am trying to join the league but cannot find it when I search

Copy and paste the league name. It's there, and there are 4 people in it right now. It's a private league if that changes your searching any.

I'm in

I am trying to join the league but cannot find it when I search. Also when I click on a position to add a player, all of the names disappear. WTH?

Just keep working on it. I don't know what you did to make all the names disappear.

For some reason, it would not work on Firefox. I switched to IE and it works fine. Found the league also.

Back