SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Jeff - sorry for delayed reply to this post...just saw it this morning. We are actively building account base in PNW. Trysting Tree is Corvallis just ordered a kit.

Best thing to do is get in touch with our rep there...he lives in Longview, WA. He can come down and meet you at your course for fitting.

Jesse Ehrlich
(360) 431-0926

jehrlich3@gmail.com

Shawn

I would like to find a dealer/demo here in Maryland as well! My Vokeys have been pretty good to me, but there is always room for improvement!

I think a key is to learn your distances with a nice full, but not "hard" (if that makes sense), shot. Once you get the distances down and the gaps between your other clubs, then you should have the confidence to point and shoot at your target. These are very consistent to me distance wise (I used to get some crazy flyers out of the fairway with my old Pings and Callaways) which is another aspect of why I find these wedges great to use.

Awesome ddelise! That is pretty much what Shawn was telling me - to really dial in those 85%-95% wedge shots and know that distance. I completely agree, and really need to apply this concept througout my bag. I am sure if I did that, I would be shocked at some of the 'actual' distances I hit clubs. I just never really took the time to do so. It always seemed to be so daunting of a task.

Appreciate the comments though. I am really looking forward to that day when I can 'point and shoot'. That will rock!

Another league night last night, and the love affair with the SCORs only grows deeper.

Now the clubs can't fix stupid (did pull one 55 deg 10 yards left), but they sure do fly staight and consistent if you'll let them. Had shots of 100, 50, 85, and 115 yards. These are shots I would have been happy to just put on the green before (particularly the 50 and 85 with a different blade-like wedge). Now, I'm aiming at the flag, and trusting the club will take care of me. The 115 yarder was uphill to a back flag, and hit a perfect 45 deg to 5 feet...on the final hole, with 10 people watching.

My only question is why I fought the mental concept of replacing my R11 PW and AW so hard last fall. Can't wait for Demo Day when all those folks can lay their hands on these. I'll predict 5-10 sets sold in the weeks after from the attendees.

I should have some of these showing up at the house today, pretty excited to get them in the bag!

My SCORs arrived on Monday, but it has been raining cats and dogs here since then so I have not been able to get out with them other than a quick session on the range in a deluge. I wanted to post a few pictures though. I decided to go with the 46, 50, 54, 58 set up. Here they are.

6883533292_a1e829e40d_b.jpg

6883534302_ba56ae852c_b.jpg

7029635643_28ee14467d_b.jpg

Just a little view of how the design changes from the 46 to the 58
7029636705_5f7e3d479f_b.jpg

Nice pics Dr Teeth! They are great looks clubs for sure.

War Eagle: you are correct, that package is showing on vehicle for delivery at the moment.

I've been gaming the SCOR wedges for almost 2 months now, and I'll never switch to anything else. The confidence these things inspire is out of this world. I can play any shot I want to, and the V Sole provides so much versatility. They say it's never met a lie it didn't like, and I completely believe it. My short game is so much better now. I'm consistently shooting in the 70s now, and I'm leaving myself a lot of shorter putts. Thanks SCOR!

I've been gaming the SCOR wedges for almost 2 months now, and I'll never switch to anything else. The confidence these things inspire is out of this world. I can play any shot I want to, and the V Sole provides so much versatility. They say it's never met a lie it didn't like, and I completely believe it. My short game is so much better now. I'm consistently shooting in the 70s now, and I'm leaving myself a lot of shorter putts. Thanks SCOR!

I didn't know you snagged some SCORs. Nice! What setup did you go with?

Congrats Doc...I like that setup and I hope they treat you as well as I know they should.

I didn't know you snagged some SCORs. Nice! What setup did you go with?

I went with the 45°, 50°, 55°, and 60° to help match the gaps in my Burner 2.0 irons. Got the stiff steel shafts, quarter inch extension, 2° upright. I'm in love with them.

Wow! Nice work guys. Love reading how well these are working for those who take the plunge.

These continue to be on the front of my mind. I think I'm going to call the local rep and see if he can meet with me next week.

These continue to be on the front of my mind. I think I'm going to call the local rep and see if he can meet with me next week.
We'll be in all 4 Puetz locations within the next 2-3 weeks. Each store will have our fitting system...main store will have all 21 lofts in various shafts for you to try.

Thank you sir! We appreciate your support...but love even more making a real difference in your scores! That is awesome!!!

Hi scorshawn
are there any fitting centers in Calgary Canada?

Struggled with distance control and spin once again today with the 56*, about the only good shot of the day with the SCOR was a chip in on 7 for birdie. Not sure why this is happening but its getting frustrating not being able to stop the ball. I grabbed one of my old wedges I gave to my dad and was getting them to check with no trouble at all, both are conforming grooves. Im gonna keep working with it, not giving up yet.

I ordered a 52* wedge yesterday and am hoping to get it pretty quick so I can go try it out. I am thinking I should have gone with a 50* though so I can get a 54 and 58 later.

It took a few holes but man did I have fun with these clubs today. Unfortunately I was always right off the greens and I hit several different shots with these. So solid, all day long.

I really can't wait for these in lefty. Looking forward to trying them and really think I'll be getting a set of em. Every time I check this thread there's more posts that make me excited about them.

Another day in golf class with these wedges, and another person seriously contemplating a purchase. I've been hitting the best shots of my life with these and people are noticing. I let them take a few swings, and they all fall in love just as easily as I did!

I was able to play 9 holes last night. Loving the SCOR wedges!

Hole 1 - 75 yard 58* to 10 feet.
Hole 2 - uphill chip with 54* to 3 feet
Hole 4 - uphill chip with 58* to 4 feet
Hole 5 - uphill chip with 54* to 3 feet
Hole 6 - 50 yard low spinny 58* wedge to 8 feet. That was a nice shot if I don't say so myself.
Hole 7 - 25 yard lob with 58* to 20 feet. Had to hit from rough over a bunker, so was conservative.
Hole 8 - 15 yard chip/pitch with 54* to 1 foot
Hole 9 - 10 yard chip in for birdie with 54*!

Last edited:
I'm a believer. I have read so much of the great stuff everyone has had to say about Scor, that I got my first Scor, a 50* in the mail Mon. Got to the range Mon. night and it felt so good that yesterday I ordered the 55*, bye bye Vokeys. Thank you to everyone on THP who takes the time to share their experiences so that guys like me, who just picked up the game again, can use their experience.

I'm a believer. I have read so much of the great stuff everyone has had to say about Scor, that I got my first Scor, a 50* in the mail Mon. Got to the range Mon. night and it felt so good that yesterday I ordered the 55*, bye bye Vokeys. Thank you to everyone on THP who takes the time to share their experiences so that guys like me, who just picked up the game again, can use their experience.

Congrats - I am sure you will love them.

Back