Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

I can't wait to put this thing in my bag, when I did my fitting it added 27 yards to my drive and I hit it dead straight!! I hope we get to add these to our Morgan Cup bags soon!

Me too man. Me too.

I can't wait to put this thing in my bag, when I did my fitting it added 27 yards to my drive and I hit it dead straight!! I hope we get to add these to our Morgan Cup bags soon!

Same here dude. My driving has been off lately, and I made the mistake of doing the driver fitting immediately after my iron fitting so I was tired when I hit it, but I have read so many great things about it that I just can't wait to put it in the bag.

No longer pondering replacing the shaft. I simply moved the ball to the center of my right foot and I'm hitting longer drives than ever. The nice part is I know that if I move the ball back to my toe I can hit a high draw or if I put the ball at my heel its a power fade.

On my way from the fitting now. Razr fit 10.5 in open (so 9.5) with Diamana white 73 S. Same in 3w. Avg 270 carry, 1.49 smash, 104 SS, 154 ballspeed, 2300 spin. Landing angle at 30 degrees so a lot of roll. Tried many different shafts but was very little difference in numbers, so went with the one that felt best.

I see a lot of people getting some bid avg's with this club. It's hard to ignore.

Yeah, and my SS was a good 4-5 slower than usual. Was +4 C so there's more to gain with warmer temperatures and a looser body.

No longer pondering replacing the shaft. I simply moved the ball to the center of my right foot and I'm hitting longer drives than ever. The nice part is I know that if I move the ball back to my toe I can hit a high draw or if I put the ball at my heel its a power fade.

Interesting stuff Adam. I'm going to try some of this over the weekend to see if this helps me out with my directional challenges

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Interesting stuff Adam. I'm going to try some of this over the weekend to see if this helps me out with my directional challenges

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I know it seems backwards (usually you move the ball back to promote a draw), but I have never been really comfortable with a driver ever, so I swing the driver different that every other club in my bag. My swing coach hates that but it is a complete mental block on my part. I have one swing for everything from the 3w on down but a completly different swing for the driver.

I'm starting to think that Callaway had the shafts made a little softer on purpose. I know that I really should be in a R flex for my swing but the fact that I'm playing a S is helping my ego. I know that we'd all like to be able to swing a Whiteboard X flex shaft and bomb it 300 yrds, but lets face it, most of us should be R or A flex. Good marketing tactic on Callaway's part if you ask me.

Callaway did a demo day at my local range this past Saturday and I had my first chance to hit this driver. I started with the 9.5 head and the stock shaft. It felt great but the ball flight wasn't very good so I decided to jump to the 10.5 head. I started getting a very nice ball mid-high flight using the stock stiff shaft that was carrying about 10 yards longer than my current 907 D2 on well struck balls. The difference was even more significant on off center hits which was pretty impressive though I really did not care for the feel of the shaft so we played around with a few and it seems I got even better results with the Project X 6.0 blue shafts. Of course that shaft is a $100 up-charge which would put me over $500 after tax which is kind of hard for me to justify right now.

I could not stop thinking about this club so I went over to the local Golfsmith last night to try it again. Unfortunately they did not have the fitting cart so the only option was the stock shaft but the store was empty so there was plenty of time to hit it and put it up against several other offerings including the R11s , the G20 and the Classic. Overall I still came away impressed with this club. While I got pretty good results with the other clubs, I felt the Razr beat out the competition. The G20 was just as forgiving and maybe even more so but I really didn't like the way impact felt. On well struck shots, the R11s was slightly longer but I could not get past the sound at impact. Definitely not pleasing to the ear. maybe outside it wouldn't be so bad but in the store it made me cringe each time as compared to the Razr. The Classic really didn't impress me at all. Overall I probably hit over 100 balls with at least half of those being the Razr. After the second time hitting the stock shaft, it felt a little better than the first time but I still think I need an upgrade. I hit a couple of nasty hooks when I got too fast but otherwise it was ok. The numbers on the LM were not bad either (yes I know beware of store LMs lol). I didn't write them down but my swing speed averaged in the high 90s, ball speed was in the lower 140s, launch angle was around 13 with spin rates in the mid to upper 2000s. carry distances ranged from 235 to just shy of 250. I seem to have lost some clubhead speed from last year but that may be because I've only hit balls a couple of times so far this season after laying off in early October due to injury so hopefully that will come around a little and get back up over 100.

So the kicker was that after I was done I walked over to their used clubs and was surprised to see a 10.5 Razr Fit with the stock stiff shaft for $249. I didn't pull the trigger but was very tempted for that price. That is making it even harder for me to order it with the Graffaloy shaft lol. I could buy this club and then maybe pick up the other shaft in a few months if I really don't like the Aldila offering.

Callaway did a demo day at my local range this past Saturday and I had my first chance to hit this driver. I started with the 9.5 head and the stock shaft. It felt great but the ball flight wasn't very good so I decided to jump to the 10.5 head. I started getting a very nice ball mid-high flight using the stock stiff shaft that was carrying about 10 yards longer than my current 907 D2 on well struck balls. The difference was even more significant on off center hits which was pretty impressive though I really did not care for the feel of the shaft so we played around with a few and it seems I got even better results with the Project X 6.0 blue shafts. Of course that shaft is a $100 up-charge which would put me over $500 after tax which is kind of hard for me to justify right now.

I could not stop thinking about this club so I went over to the local Golfsmith last night to try it again. Unfortunately they did not have the fitting cart so the only option was the stock shaft but the store was empty so there was plenty of time to hit it and put it up against several other offerings including the R11s , the G20 and the Classic. Overall I still came away impressed with this club. While I got pretty good results with the other clubs, I felt the Razr beat out the competition. The G20 was just as forgiving and maybe even more so but I really didn't like the way impact felt. On well struck shots, the R11s was slightly longer but I could not get past the sound at impact. Definitely not pleasing to the ear. maybe outside it wouldn't be so bad but in the store it made me cringe each time as compared to the Razr. The Classic really didn't impress me at all. Overall I probably hit over 100 balls with at least half of those being the Razr. After the second time hitting the stock shaft, it felt a little better than the first time but I still think I need an upgrade. I hit a couple of nasty hooks when I got too fast but otherwise it was ok. The numbers on the LM were not bad either (yes I know beware of store LMs lol). I didn't write them down but my swing speed averaged in the high 90s, ball speed was in the lower 140s, launch angle was around 13 with spin rates in the mid to upper 2000s. carry distances ranged from 235 to just shy of 250. I seem to have lost some clubhead speed from last year but that may be because I've only hit balls a couple of times so far this season after laying off in early October due to injury so hopefully that will come around a little and get back up over 100.

So the kicker was that after I was done I walked over to their used clubs and was surprised to see a 10.5 Razr Fit with the stock stiff shaft for $249. I didn't pull the trigger but was very tempted for that price. That is making it even harder for me to order it with the Graffaloy shaft lol. I could buy this club and then maybe pick up the other shaft in a few months if I really don't like the Aldila offering.

Good thoughts man. I usually love Aldila shafts, but found this much to soft for me. Good luck with your purchase if you pull the trigger.

I will be gaming this driver in the very near future, I'm excited, very excited.

I will be gaming this driver in the very near future, I'm excited, very excited.

Me too! Can't wait to put it in my Morgan Cup Staff Bag!

Well I'm back to pondering a new shaft again. Played a round yesterday in 30mph winds and with as high as this 9.5* head and supposed "stiff" shaft is launching the ball, I had no controll as the wind just took the ball.

So I need a shaft that will give me similar spin numbers and cary distance, but with a lower trajectory.

I'm dying to swing this! Can't wait for our orders to arrive. Its hard reading all these great reviews and waiting on it to get here, but soon enough it will be in my bag and I will be bombing it down the fairway. I am really anxious to see how the stock shaft really performs. As mentioned in my fitting write-up, I was dog tired by the time I got to the driver fitting so I was really confused as to which shaft to go with. Figured I'd stick with the stock and see how it works out. From all the research I did it seems as though a majority of those that hit this love the stock shaft. When I mentioned to my fitter that I heard the stock shaft was whippy he had me hold it and said "wobble it and tell me what you think." So I wobbled it back and forth a little and I said "yeah, feels a little soft." So then he made me feel like an idiot (in a good way haha) and said "Ok now wobble it the way the shaft actually flexes at the top of your backswing." He pointed out that at the top of your backswing the shaft isn't flexed to the side, it is flexed "up" because of the way the shaft should be turned. So when you waggle a club you should waggle it up and down, not side to side, which is what I always did. When you waggle this club left and right it feels soft, but when you waggle it up and down it feels pretty good to me. I don't have any doubts that it will be stiff enough for me. I'm just hoping it gives me some good spin numbers.

I really like the stock shaft but I do find it odd that it launches the ball as high as my pitching wedge. Though I do love the distance I get.

I haven't heard too many people complaining about high launch, do you tend to launch the ball high with other drivers?

solid info there, IN....didn't know that

I'm dying to swing this! Can't wait for our orders to arrive. Its hard reading all these great reviews and waiting on it to get here, but soon enough it will be in my bag and I will be bombing it down the fairway. I am really anxious to see how the stock shaft really performs. As mentioned in my fitting write-up, I was dog tired by the time I got to the driver fitting so I was really confused as to which shaft to go with. Figured I'd stick with the stock and see how it works out. From all the research I did it seems as though a majority of those that hit this love the stock shaft. When I mentioned to my fitter that I heard the stock shaft was whippy he had me hold it and said "wobble it and tell me what you think." So I wobbled it back and forth a little and I said "yeah, feels a little soft." So then he made me feel like an idiot (in a good way haha) and said "Ok now wobble it the way the shaft actually flexes at the top of your backswing." He pointed out that at the top of your backswing the shaft isn't flexed to the side, it is flexed "up" because of the way the shaft should be turned. So when you waggle a club you should waggle it up and down, not side to side, which is what I always did. When you waggle this club left and right it feels soft, but when you waggle it up and down it feels pretty good to me. I don't have any doubts that it will be stiff enough for me. I'm just hoping it gives me some good spin numbers.

I really like the stock shaft but I do find it odd that it launches the ball as high as my pitching wedge. Though I do love the distance I get.
I think you would be shocked if you saw a pro hit a driver how high the ball goes. Balloning is one thing, but just a high ball flight is not a bad thing.

I think you would be shocked if you saw a pro hit a driver how high the ball goes. Balloning is one thing, but just a high ball flight is not a bad thing.

stand behind JB Holmes and watch how he launches the ball with the driver. It's freaking impressive and brings to the term high ball fight to a new level

I'll never forget watching Gary Woodland hit balls....everything was towering but long.....heck some of the other pros would stop and watch him hit for a bit.

stand behind JB Holmes and watch how he launches the ball with the driver. It's freaking impressive and brings to the term high ball fight to a new level

My longest drives are usually the ones that get good air. The piercing shots get a little better roll, but not enough to match the higher launch shots. CB is right...there aren't many pros out there that hit low shots unless they need to. Most of their shots whether it is with a driver or iron are pretty high launching shots.

I haven't heard too many people complaining about high launch, do you tend to launch the ball high with other drivers?

Normally no. I've always had trouble getting the ball up with the driver. This is why I've always looked for shafts with reall active tip sections. In the past my 3w would launch higher. With this club/shaft combo the ball really launches. Maybe I'm just not used to it and that is what is throwing me off. I should spend more time with the driver on windy days at the range to learn how to compensate with it.

That's a good thing. Ideally every club in your bag should reach the same apex height on the shot unless your intentionally trying to get it higher or bring it down.

That's a good thing. Ideally every club in your bag should reach the same apex height on the shot unless your intentionally trying to get it higher or bring it down.

is that true? That just seems odd to me. I would think that I shouldn't be hitting a 4 iron to the same height as a PW. Or did I read that wrong.

Back