Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

I have had nothing but bad experiences at the local golf store. I only go in there to use the heated range now. I will never spend a single cent in their store after the way the owner has spoken to me when I have asked him questions. Totally disrespectful and acts like I know nothing about equipment. Haven't dealt much with Dicks before, I buy golf balls there, thats about it. I have hit some irons there before when I was shopping for new irons.

Not good for business getting treated that way. It doesn't sound like you go in every couple of days and hog a test booth. Too bad there's nothing close by to share your business with, did you approach the Management with your concerns? It sucks being treated that way, hopefully you'll find some resolve with this issue soon.

I hate hearing that you had a bad experience at Dick's because it is where I hold a job as the golf tech to get an extra paycheck for golf expenses. It seems like the majority of people on here have had bad experiences at their local Dicks SG. It's kind of bitter sweet because it gives us the company a bad name but it reminds me of how well we do at our store. I know many of my customers by name and have played old with a lot of them too. One of the area high school teams know that they are welcome to come in anytime during the week and hit as long as they want as long as a customer is not in need of the hitting bay. Couldn't ask for a better second job while I substitute teach and continue the search for a full time teaching gig.

Some of you may have seen my story of when I went to the only local golf shop around me (the one I hate to begin with) and the guy at the shop told me that I couldn't hit the Fit because he didn't have any demos. I asked him if he could tape it and he said no. This was after I overheard him telling his friend he has had several people come in and try it (he mentioned the people by name so they must have been friends of his). So it re-affirmed my hatred for the store. So I decided I would stop at the Dicks Sporting Goods that is about 45 minutes away from me and have them tape one up for me and....NOPE! Jerkoff at Dicks wouldn't let me hit it either. I have hit clubs at Dicks before with no problem, they throw some impact tape on one of them off the rack and bam...I hit it in the bay. Not this time...I was told I couldn't hit it because they didn't have any to hit. They had 20 of them on the rack. So it looks like I will not be hitting this driver until I visit the Callaway Fitting Studio on the 18th. If I had money I would open my own golf shop here just to put these jerks out of business.

I have a friend that did exactly that. Grand opening of his store is next week!

I have had nothing but bad experiences at the local golf store. I only go in there to use the heated range now. I will never spend a single cent in their store after the way the owner has spoken to me when I have asked him questions. Totally disrespectful and acts like I know nothing about equipment. Haven't dealt much with Dicks before, I buy golf balls there, thats about it. I have hit some irons there before when I was shopping for new irons.

Unfortunately I have had those same experiences at the Dick's located close to me. Only here recently have I hit any clubs there, and that is only because they hired a younger guy who is extremely cool and lets customers actually try clubs without promising to buy or paying a $35 dollar fee if they try and aren't interested. Extremely ridiculous to have to pay to demo clubs that you may or may not like. I have to drive to Memphis or Nashville for any type of formal fitting since the Dick's here as no qualified personnel.

I'm taking my new RAZR Fit out on the course for the first time in about 40 minutes. I picked it up last Friday afternoon and have had it on the range but not on the course.

I've been really pleased with the results on the range but am excited to see how it performs with a decent golf ball (and how I perform with it off the range).

I'm playing a local public with a lot of driver holes. We'll see how she holds up!

Anyone head to head this with a Titlest 910 D2 - just wondering of any thoughts.
I am serious about getting a new stick and so far like the D2 but haven't had a chance to swing the Cally yet.
I hit these head-to-head at an Edwin Watts demo day last week, both on monitors. I got similar spin and launch with an 8.5 stiff Razr Fit with the stock shaft ask I did with the D2 8.5 stiff Tour AD, but there was a minimum of 5 yards of carry distance difference, in favor of Razr Fit. I was getting a high of 265 carry on the D2 set-up, 272 on the high for Razr Fit, but almost to a swing the 5 yards was consistent.

I took a demo of a Razr Fit, 9.5 stiff, to Myrtle Beach this weekend for a golf trip and played 36 with it. I really liked it! It was very forgiving and I could really tell when I missed on the heel side with it, but I lost almost no distance when I did. I was consistently hitting it 280-285, with four drives of over 300 (309 longest). Consistent distance, ball flight, feel, and forgiveness. I highly recommend the club!

I hit these head-to-head at an Edwin Watts demo day last week, both on monitors. I got similar spin and launch with an 8.5 stiff Razr Fit with the stock shaft ask I did with the D2 8.5 stiff Tour AD, but there was a minimum of 5 yards of carry distance difference, in favor of Razr Fit. I was getting a high of 265 carry on the D2 set-up, 272 on the high for Razr Fit, but almost to a swing the 5 yards was consistent.
Thanks for the reply - sounds lie they are two very good drivers- looks like your distance increased as well according to your second post. 300+ yds is crazy long - would love something to give me 250... consistently!

Hit this at a demo day yesterday at the Klipper Course driving range. Only thing that really stood out for me was the sound. Man do I love the way Callaway drivers sound! Too bad I dislike everything else about them.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

i20 money shot!!!

aefdc7d2-39a5-adf7.jpg

i20 money shot!!!

aefdc7d2-39a5-adf7.jpg

i20 driver? Isn't this the Razr Fit thread?

i20 driver? Isn't this the Razr Fit thread?
I think it is Kmac, they need to take that i20 driver talk out of here. Silly Hawaii people.

Haha Colt is drunken scatter posting

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

What? No!!! Tapatalk set me up! I hit i20 thread...

Or I could just be trying to convert wayward members!

What? No!!! Tapatalk set me up! I hit i20 thread...

Or I could just be trying to convert wayward members!

Sorry Colt, RF beat the i20 out despite the fact that I liked the i20 quite a bit. This Razr ain't your grandpa's Hawk. Or is that Hawk's grandpa? Or Hawk is a grandpa? Hmmm.

Anyways Razr Fit FTW!

Yeah, I'll take adjustability over the stealth bomber any day.

The Razr Fit and i20 should have a baby. An adjustable, gorgeous, stealth-bombing baby. I would OEM that in a second.

So today I got to try out the demo Razr Fit that was at my course. I put a 10.5 degree head on the standard RIPd 60g S shaft with the red and black multicompound grip which are probably just callaway branded Golf Pride NDMC grips. It also had the standard weights with 12g being on the toe side and 2g on the heel. For comparison sake I swing the driver right at 100 mph and set the driver head on the square setting (although this setting can really be negated by just changing your grip).

Appearance
The red and black grip with the black shaft looked sleek and menacing. The head had a black crown and wasn't as round as a Cleveland Classic, but still gave a traditional look. Something interesting I found was that there was no alignment mark on the crown, which gave it a more minimalistic look. The black crown didn't produce that much glare in the sun, but it was shiny with a mirror type finish. Of course with the 460cc size, when you line this up behind the ball it gives you sense of confidence to just rip it. Also I think the face has a very good blend of depth and width where you don't have to tee the ball extremely high and it frames the ball nicely at address.

Feel
When swinging the club it felt very smooth and light. The grip felt very natural and when I hit the ball there was very little vibration. On the range I was hitting most of the balls right in the sweet spot and it felt butter soft. It was one of those things where you don't know if you really hit a ball. Also the sound of the head when hitting the ball was a mix between a metallic ping and a muted "thwack". Perhaps "thwank" would be a decent explanation for how it sounds. For the limited amount of time I got the try the driver, I think I was able to adjust very quickly. I believe this was because of how effortless it felt to get the ball up and going, which instilled confidence in my swing.

Distance
As with all drivers it's all about the distance when you hit it right. As I said earlier I was hitting most all of the balls right on the sweet spot and this resulted in balls that just launched off the face. I was using a Hex Black golf ball and all of my drives on the course today were about 5 - 10 yards farther than where I normally hit with my Launcher 330. I have to say that this is probably because of the forgiveness built in to a 460cc head, but doing this consistently made me feel great off the tee. I don't have any launch monitor numbers, but the ball flight was mid-high and very penetrating where there was absolutely no ballooning of the ball when hit into the wind. The highlight of the day was on the 18th hole par 5 where I usually end up getting on the green in 3. Instead I hit a bomb off the tee which ended up with about 290 yards total distance letting me hit my 5 wood to get on in 2. This was a big surprise to me because I usually end up about 20-30 yards short for my third shot into the green. However, one caveat I must give is that I might have been swinging a bit harder because of the bigger head when compared to my smaller 330cc driver, which could have resulted in the small distance gains I saw. So if you already have a 460cc you might not see any distance gains.

Overall
After trying this driver out on the range and course I have to say that I was loving it. I wish I had enough financial leeway to just go out and buy this club. The only other new driver I've tried this year was the Cleveland Classic and I would say that this felt better to hit. Although I've only hit the Classic on a launch monitor indoors. Based on feel I'd have to put the Razr Fit a little above the Classic.

I have been in a Classic v Razr Fit battle over the past couple weeks. I have been rotating rounds with each and I love the way both look and feel , although different I like them. I have found the Classic to find a few more fairways , a little tighter dispersion and a few more yards. I have yet to play with any adjustments on the Razr Fit though so maybe that would put the Razr ahead IF I found the right adjustment settings!

Good stuff Very!! Loved your description of the sound as I've found the same thing

I got out Monday afternoon and actually used the RAZR fit in a pseudo round. I say pseudo because i was the only one on the course (it's been chilly, windy, and rainy in Omaha for the past 3 days) and I played all par 4s and 5s and skipped the par 3s so my round went 1,4,5,4,5,7,8,7,9. The course I played is set up in such a way that the wind was either in my face or at my back on every hole. Due to the wind (10-20mph) I can't give a fair assessment of the distance i was hitting the ball. On average my into the wind shots were carrying 250-265 and rolling out between 270 and 285 depending on the grade of the fairway. With the wind the ball was carrying around 285-300 and rolling 300+.

I set up the driver in the square face position with the 12g weight in the heel to promote a draw. At this time in the year my swing is a little inconsistent so the flight of the ball varied from a 10 yard draw-to-straight-to a 10 yard fade. I did have some out to in slices but that's not a diver issue, that's a me issue.

I am extremely happy with the club. The adjustability is simple to use and produces results.

As many have stated, the look/sound/feel of this driver is amazing. Compared to my Cobra S9-1F the 458cc head looks significantly smaller. I like this a lot as I find myself swinging out of control with a driver that has a larger head (the meathead in me attempts to kill it). I don't really notice or miss an alignment aid on the RAZR Fit. I was concerned about this when I bought it but having it out on the course alleviated that fear for me. I don't miss it at all. The sound this driver makes is what really sold me on it. It's more of a dull thwack or thwank (as verifyid said above-great description) than the sharp sound you'll get from a white driver. I really like the tone of the driver's report. When I compared the R11s and RBZ Tour to the RAZR Fit at the shop the TMs sound was almost painful. Compared to the 910D2 the RAZR Fit is a hair quieter. However, compared to all three the RAZR feels more solid when struck (to me at least). Also the RAZR felt heavier throughout the swing (also a good thing in my mind).

I don't really know how to rate the forgiveness of the driver. My swing issue isn't the location on the face that I contact the ball but the path the clubhead is on when it makes contact. The weighting helped mitigate my slice but it's not going to cure it all together. I've always had trouble with the driver and making a correct swing. As I work on that this spring/summer I can see the adjustability really helping out (going from mitigating a slice to tempering a hook hopefully).

I'm using the stock Rip'd NV 60 shaft and I do like the mid ballflight that it produces. It didn't seem to be ballooning on me (using Callaway Tour i(z)). The ball does stay in the air for a long time though and it is pleasing to track the flight of a properly struck shot.

I will be regripping the club. The stock grip is a red/black Golf Pride New Decade (std). I'll either be switching to a midsize GP Tour Velvet (on all my other clubs) or switching all my other clubs to a midsize New Decade. I do like the multi-compound but am concerned with the durability. I've had bad experiences with corded grips in the past.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the purchase. If anything, the new club is giving me some confidence and makes me want to go out and practice with the driver. I always avoided driver last summer because I was so inconsistent and fearful of losing one left. After spending last season getting used to my irons I'm excited to get a handle on the driver.

This is a great addition to my bag. I'd highly recommend trying one out.

I got out Monday afternoon and actually used the RAZR fit in a pseudo round. I say pseudo because i was the only one on the course (it's been chilly, windy, and rainy in Omaha for the past 3 days) and I played all par 4s and 5s and skipped the par 3s so my round went 1,4,5,4,5,7,8,7,9. The course I played is set up in such a way that the wind was either in my face or at my back on every hole. Due to the wind (10-20mph) I can't give a fair assessment of the distance i was hitting the ball. On average my into the wind shots were carrying 250-265 and rolling out between 270 and 285 depending on the grade of the fairway. With the wind the ball was carrying around 285-300 and rolling 300+.

I set up the driver in the square face position with the 12g weight in the heel to promote a draw. At this time in the year my swing is a little inconsistent so the flight of the ball varied from a 10 yard draw-to-straight-to a 10 yard fade. I did have some out to in slices but that's not a diver issue, that's a me issue.

I am extremely happy with the club. The adjustability is simple to use and produces results.

As many have stated, the look/sound/feel of this driver is amazing. Compared to my Cobra S9-1F the 458cc head looks significantly smaller. I like this a lot as I find myself swinging out of control with a driver that has a larger head (the meathead in me attempts to kill it). I don't really notice or miss an alignment aid on the RAZR Fit. I was concerned about this when I bought it but having it out on the course alleviated that fear for me. I don't miss it at all. The sound this driver makes is what really sold me on it. It's more of a dull thwack or thwank (as verifyid said above-great description) than the sharp sound you'll get from a white driver. I really like the tone of the driver's report. When I compared the R11s and RBZ Tour to the RAZR Fit at the shop the TMs sound was almost painful. Compared to the 910D2 the RAZR Fit is a hair quieter. However, compared to all three the RAZR feels more solid when struck (to me at least). Also the RAZR felt heavier throughout the swing (also a good thing in my mind).

I don't really know how to rate the forgiveness of the driver. My swing issue isn't the location on the face that I contact the ball but the path the clubhead is on when it makes contact. The weighting helped mitigate my slice but it's not going to cure it all together. I've always had trouble with the driver and making a correct swing. As I work on that this spring/summer I can see the adjustability really helping out (going from mitigating a slice to tempering a hook hopefully).

I'm using the stock Rip'd NV 60 shaft and I do like the mid ballflight that it produces. It didn't seem to be ballooning on me (using Callaway Tour i(z)). The ball does stay in the air for a long time though and it is pleasing to track the flight of a properly struck shot.

I will be regripping the club. The stock grip is a red/black Golf Pride New Decade (std). I'll either be switching to a midsize GP Tour Velvet (on all my other clubs) or switching all my other clubs to a midsize New Decade. I do like the multi-compound but am concerned with the durability. I've had bad experiences with corded grips in the past.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the purchase. If anything, the new club is giving me some confidence and makes me want to go out and practice with the driver. I always avoided driver last summer because I was so inconsistent and fearful of losing one left. After spending last season getting used to my irons I'm excited to get a handle on the driver.

This is a great addition to my bag. I'd highly recommend trying one out.

Great thoughts Crafty! I can't wait to finally get one of these and put some time in with it on the course. Everything I read about it is just amazing.

Nice little review CLefty. For some reason I've been thinking a lot about this driver lately. I didn't care for the stock shaft offering, but the golf shop now has the full fitting cart. I may have to demo a few shaft options and see how this is on the course. I loved my RHT and am intrigued by the thought of adjustability.

Jersey Nate....are you still hitting the Fit or you sticking with the Classic? I got lost on your journey and can't find out what your sporting right now?

Jersey Nate....are you still hitting the Fit or you sticking with the Classic? I got lost on your journey and can't find out what your sporting right now?

I've been hitting both alternately.

Back