Callaway HEX Black and Chrome balls

I have been playing the Blacks for a couple weeks now and I am definitely loving them. I definitely see more durability out of them than with the Chromes for sure. My misses with the driver are not near as bad as they were with the Chromes, which is partly due to just working on my swing, but I definitely feel like the ball is spinning less off the driver and it is helping me to hit more fairways. I am getting about the same distance with the Blacks and I get with the Chromes, and I also seeing a little better greenside spin with the Blacks. Honestly on full shots I'm not noticing much difference. I see others talking about how they normally don't spin the ball much and they are backing up the Chromes a lot, but I don't see that at all. In previous years I would normally be able to land my ball and have it stop within a couple feet, I could definitely tell it had decent spin to check up. However, I have never seen a Chrome ball back up when I played it, nor have I backed up a Black ball. They both actually perform about the same and land and stop within a few feet similar to what I have seen in other balls. Overall I am very impressed with the Black and will be keeping them in my bag. They may cost a little more money but because they are more durable they actually last longer, so they don't have to be replaced as quickly, thus reducing the cost because you don't have to buy them as often.

I may be in the minority here, but played with the Hex Blacks today for few holes against the Chrome. Chrome was longer off driver and irons and I didn't see a huge difference in spin. Not a big enough difference for me to stop playing the Chromes. The Black did seem more durable tho.

Oh, WTHeck. I saw a commercial on TV and it said no dimples. False advertising if you ask me.

They are just hex dimples.

Im pretty sure they talk about the hexagonal shaped dimples in that commercial as well. I dont think a ball would stay in the air if it didnt have dimples would it?

I may be in the minority here, but played with the Hex Blacks today for few holes against the Chrome. Chrome was longer off driver and irons and I didn't see a huge difference in spin. Not a big enough difference for me to stop playing the Chromes. The Black did seem more durable tho.
We may be the only two that are seeing that, LOL. The difference in spin that I see on wedge shots between the Chrome and the Black is what keeps me playing the Chrome. Being able to hit the back of the green and not fear rolling off the back edge is something that I have been looking for in a ball for quite some time.

So I'm pretty sure we will be asked soon what ball we will be gaming for the MC. My choice has come down to this
1) I hit the Black very well. More accuracy off the tee. Love the feel off the irons. Love love love the feel off the putter
2) I like yellow balls

Tough choice!!

So I'm pretty sure we will be asked soon what ball we will be gaming for the MC. My choice has come down to this
1) I hit the Black very well. More accuracy off the tee. Love the feel off the irons. Love love love the feel off the putter
2) I like yellow balls

Tough choice!!

Doesnt sound tough to me after reading #1.

Doesnt sound tough to me after reading #1.

I guess #2 should read I really like yellow balls! My only issue with the chromes is sidespin off the driver.

Just picked up a box of the Chrome yeller balls. They are super bright and dont look metallic.

Just picked up a box of the Chrome yeller balls. They are super bright and dont look metallic.

Too bright? Testing them out or do you like the chromes?

Too bright? Testing them out or do you like the chromes?

I dont think theyre too bright. Ive got some of the white Chromes figured Id try the yellow. Besides I wear sunglasses anyway.

2) I like yellow balls

Tough choice!!

I grabbed another dozen of the Hex Chrome in yellow today as well. I like the fact that the yellow on these doesnt look like a "clear coat" if that makes any sense?

WE you may have swayed me. I need to get another box and put them through the paces

I grabbed another dozen of the Hex Chrome in yellow today as well. I like the fact that the yellow on these doesnt look like a "clear coat" if that makes any sense?

Yeah they look like putt-putt balls, lol.

WE you may have swayed me. I need to get another box and put them through the paces
I thought I saw the side spin with the Chromes at first, then I realized that it was just me slicing the ball. I worked on my setup and my swing, and I swear I dont see a bit of difference in "side spin" between the Chromes and the Black.

Spoiler
5FF4C980.jpg

Yeah they look like putt-putt balls, lol.
Haha, but I like them!

I thought I saw the side spin with the Chromes at first, then I realized that it was just me slicing the ball. I worked on my setup and my swing, and I swear I dont see a bit of difference in "side spin" between the Chromes and the Black.

Spoiler
5FF4C980.jpg

Haha, but I like them!

Yeah with the other "yellow" balls people always said "your hitting that green ball, right?" No, its YELLOW

They should market True Yellow!

I guess #2 should read I really like yellow balls! My only issue with the chromes is sidespin off the driver.
lol is the yellow really worth the extra sidespin off the tee dude?

lol is the yellow really worth the extra sidespin off the tee dude?

Stop that dude youre going to give him a thing. He doesnt need a thing going into the MC, although those shovels should help reduce sidespin HAHA

I played the blacks yesterday and was really happy with them. Same distance as e6, more distance than 330RX. Not much more sidespin than the e6 and obviously much better around the greens. My main concern here was sidespin and I wasn't seeing excessive amounts on shots where I probably deserved more.

That's a pretty big issue. I still have some Chromes left but I didn't like them off the tee.

Stop that dude youre going to give him a thing. He doesnt need a thing going into the MC, although those shovels should help reduce sidespin HAHA

haha not trying to give him a thing just trying to help. Could always just sharpie a Black yellow lol.

I only have 3 Chromes left from a dozen and I have to say that they are a decent ball but for me there are a lot better balls out there that are suited to my game. They didn't seem to spin that well around the green and the distance wasn't that great either.

Gave the Blacks a try for several holes today as I donated the last 2 to the water after 11 holes. I think they are growing on me as I prefer the chipping with these compared to the Chrome..

That's a pretty big issue. I still have some Chromes left but I didn't like them off the tee.

I have found a lot more fairways again since switching to the Blacks. I am enjoying them more than the Chromes and the durability is out of this world. I see a huge difference between the durability of the two with the Black coming out on top.

For those with a Golftown in their area, Hex Chromes are buy one, get one half off.

Back