Swiftwick Socks - THP Preview

Its cause ur tan

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Not my feet.. LOL. I wore these all day yesterday at work and then up until I went to bed at 2am. My feet thanked me. I think I'm going to grab a few more pairs. They're worth the extra money.

Well, I wore my new Swiftwicks today for an afternnoon 18. I have to say I reeeealllly looked good in my golf togs color coordinated around my socks. HeHe. I'm not joking. Once the round started, I barely noticed that I had them on, and I think that is a good thing. They were very comfortable and didn't slide down at all. I tried to walk as much as I could given that we are a carts only course. I can't say for sure whether they felt any better that the Adidas that I normally wear, but, I will say my feet weren't tired when we were through and when I changed into my street shoes, my feet were dry. Considering that is was pushing 100* again this afternoon, I'd say the socks did their job. And they really do look good. See for yourself.

Swiftwick001.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes, these are durable. Whomever said so, I would agree. I have had mine a year and don't wear them everyday, but I still can't tell they aren't new.

That said, it may be a combo of the shoe, but I do find myself sliding in these more than my nike compression. I wear True Tours and they fit looser than most traditional golf shoes and I think that's why. It doesn't bother me enough to not wear them, but its noticeable.

Well, I wore my new Swiftwicks today for an afternnoon 18. I have to say I reeeealllly looked good in my golf togs color coordinated around my socks. HeHe. I'm not joking. Once the round started, I barely noticed that I had them on, and I think that is a good thing. They were very comfortable and didn't slide down at all. I tried to walk as much as I could given that we are a carts only course. I can't say for sure whether they felt any better that the Adidas that I normally wear, but, I will say my feet weren't tired when we were through and when I changed into my street shoes, my feet were dry. Considering that is was pushing 100* again this afternoon, I'd say the socks did their job. And they really do look good. See for yourself.

Swiftwick001.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats great! Thanks for sharing!

Tc and i were talking about these and he was saying he finds it hard to pay $12 for a pair of socks...but if you just wear them to golf yhrn you would only need 2 pairs for most weeks. Thats not bad

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

One thing I noticed about your SW (not Danny, but Swiftwick) socks was that your entire heel area is exposed. Does that not cause blistering on your heels or something?

It is expensive for socks, but the truth is, the longer you have them (their durability is the best I have seen to date), the more you realize how much you are willing to pay. You will see yourself reaching for them more and more before your rounds. If something costs $5 and is good, but not great and might last 3 years before breaking down, then spending $12 and have something be great and is going on 8 years strong with no signs of breaking down I dont see the negative side. Of course this is assuming that someone finds them great.

This reminds me of the apparel argument from a while back. Tech materials were new on the scene and were expensive. Most of the people I knew stuck with cotton because of cost and now I dont know a single person I play with that would choose that side.

I also relate it a lot to golf shoes. One can get a fine pair of golf shoes for $40. Are they as comfortable and durable as the ones that cost $100? Not that I have found, but I think it is almost the same argument.

It is expensive for socks, but the truth is, the longer you have them (their durability is the best I have seen to date), the more you realize how much you are willing to pay. You will see yourself reaching for them more and more before your rounds. If something costs $5 and is good, but not great and might last 3 years before breaking down, then spending $12 and have something be great and is going on 8 years strong with no signs of breaking down I dont see the negative side. Of course this is assuming that someone finds them great.

This reminds me of the apparel argument from a while back. Tech materials were new on the scene and were expensive. Most of the people I knew stuck with cotton because of cost and now I dont know a single person I play with that would choose that side.

I also relate it a lot to golf shoes. One can get a fine pair of golf shoes for $40. Are they as comfortable and durable as the ones that cost $100? Not that I have found, but I think it is almost the same argument.

good points JB, I think I may invest in a pair of 2 and see what happens.

I purchased 3 pairs before the MC last year. Figured playing in that heat and being at the course all day it would be a good investment. One of the better purchases I've made in long time(golf related). A year later they are still in great shape. I wear them most of my rounds. I have a pair of Ecco socks that good too, but these are lighter and haven't stretched out like those other ones I have.

I purchased 3 pairs before the MC last year. Figured playing in that heat and being at the course all day it would be a good investment. One of the better purchases I've made in long time(golf related). A year later they are still in great shape. I wear them most of my rounds. I have a pair of Ecco socks that good too, but these are lighter and haven't stretched out like those other ones I have.

Funny you mention that as I just decided this morning to get some white Swiftwick's this week that I will wear during the Morgan Cup this year. Looking forward to sporting these, reviews have been fantastic!

haha you and your sensitve feet

my pairs shipped today im pretty excited about these. i have a thing for new socks. i LOVE them if i won a million bucks id def buy a new pair for every day of the year.

Update to my ealier posting on my first round wearing the Swiftwick socks. I noticed that the Performance One's ride just above the ankle, which is about an inch shorter than I'm used to wearing. I don't like the shorter ankle socks because they tend to slip down in the back during the round. The Swiftwicks stayed perfectly in place all day long. From that standpoint alone they are far superior to anything else I have in the drawer.

Funny you mention that as I just decided this morning to get some white Swiftwick's this week that I will wear during the Morgan Cup this year. Looking forward to sporting these, reviews have been fantastic!

I ordered the grey one's last year. They are my favorite. Plus you can get them through Amazon Prime or FairwayStyles.

I just decided that myself as I was looking through this thread. I think I'll order them now in fact.

One thing I noticed about your SW (not Danny, but Swiftwick) socks was that your entire heel area is exposed. Does that not cause blistering on your heels or something?

Haha thanks for clarifying! I get confused skimming threads sometimes and see SW, reckon I need to make a change or something.

One-T has the zero correct? I had a pair of those for one round, didn't like them at all for the reason you pointed out. After 12 holes i had some serious rubbage going on and it wasn't comfortable to walk anymore. I swapped them for the "One" line and never looked back. Since I wear adidas shoes all the time and they tend to have that higher part in the back it is easy to get a blister on your heel with low socks, no problems with the Swiftwick One.

Good comparison. If someone is a value shopper strictly in terms of what they pay then I don't see them buying Swiftwicks. However if that same person looked at how often they buy the "value" item over the course of two years then I think they will easily exceed the cost of one pair of Swiftwicks. I've got a few pairs of these that are pushing 2 years and look just as good as a new pair I purchased 2 months ago. There is value at time of purchase and then there is value over time and considering a pair of similar socks are $4-6 vs $8 the difference is worth the comfort.

One-T has the zero correct? I had a pair of those for one round, didn't like them at all for the reason you pointed out. After 12 holes i had some serious rubbage going on and it wasn't comfortable to walk anymore. I swapped them for the "One" line and never looked back. Since I wear adidas shoes all the time and they tend to have that higher part in the back it is easy to get a blister on your heel with low socks, no problems with the Swiftwick One.

Good point there Danny. I had some other branded "no shows" and when worn with Adidas Powerband's or 360's, they did not agree with me at all as the heel was so high it would cause major rubbing. Thinking that I also need to go with the "One" models for that reason. High enough to protect my heel without looking goofy. I currently wear UA and they protect the heel well but get pretty warm inside the shoe.

Thanks for the input on these socks guys! I have not started looking at them yet but do they make an athletic sock that is white or just the black/grey?

Thanks for the input on these socks guys! I have not started looking at them yet but do they make an athletic sock that is white or just the black/grey?

see above, also make a red/black

I am going to get a couple pairs of these I think, going to try the Vibe and perhaps the Pursuit, both in zero as I hate socks that show.

Haha thanks for clarifying! I get confused skimming threads sometimes and see SW, reckon I need to make a change or something.

Thanks for answering SW (not swiftwick in this case, LOL)

He swore by them and they looked comfy but his entire heel section was exposed. I guess wearing those with some Ecco's is pretty sweet though.

heres my order they threw in a free swiftwick sticker and a pair of free red compression socks that are tall which actually will be great for when in play ice hockey so if i like those i may buy a few pair for that too. they are so thin its ridiculous. thinnest socks i've ever had i think and i use athletic socks a lot. glad i got 4 different models to. can try them all out and see what i like the best. so far im impressed.

DSC00463.jpg

Nice haul Buck! Very curious to see if the ZERO models rub on the heel with your Adidas.

Nice haul Buck! Very curious to see if the ZERO models rub on the heel with your Adidas.

i will be getting out on Thursday at the earliest now going in for 38 straight and i got to meet with the DA on wednesday afternoon for a court case so that shoots this week pretty much in the foot for golf. im debating on wether or not to wear a pair into work and see how they feel if im on my feet a lot in the heat they may be really comfortable.

I'm eagerly awaiting to hear about this too, it will pretty much be the make-or-break deciding factor for me.

I've already priced them out on Amazon, I just need the thumbs up that the Zero's are no show (or very close to) and don't rub on the heel with Adidias shoes, and the order will be a done deal.

Back