Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

My guess would be about 20 yards or so. That's why I think I would have gone F5, M3, M5. I could have choked down on the M3 if needed.

makes sense, thanks for the insight, definitely gonna tinker around with the options and see if anything works out for me

Yea, there's really no way to know unless you just hit them all unfortunately.

I have to say...the Mashie Fairways have finally got me to break 80 33% of the time.

I was stuck at 84 for so long, and the F3/F5 combo has really put eagles back in play on par 5's and allow me to hit a comfortable 240 off the tee on tricky fairways.

Just pulled the trigger on the F7, figured why not. These clubs are stupid easy to hit and land so softly.

For reference, I get: 245-ish on the F3 (260 if I crank it) and 214 with the F5. I'm hoping to get around 190 with the F7 and replace my 4iron.

Cool, welcome to the 7 wood revolution cmoors, and good job on dropping the scores too.

I haven't had many chances to use these lately as I've been playing par 5's differently. I still use them quite a bit on the range just to stay familiar. Pulled the 7 once during my last round to help make up some yardage after I drove oob. Needed to draw it from the left rough to get to a tucked pin but decided to play safe and went at the middle of the green. The rails performed flawlessly from the rough and gave me a beautiful high ball which landed in the center of the green and allowed me a chance to save par. I'm so happy to have a fairway wood that thrives from any lie.

--
Tapatalk2

I was pondering the Black after reading all the love it gets, today though the TF3 reminded me just how much of a weapon the combo I have off the tee is for me. I should use it way more from the tee box than I do, that's for sure.

Cool, welcome to the 7 wood revolution cmoors, and good job on dropping the scores too.

I haven't had many chances to use these lately as I've been playing par 5's differently. I still use them quite a bit on the range just to stay familiar. Pulled the 7 once during my last round to help make up some yardage after I drove oob. Needed to draw it from the left rough to get to a tucked pin but decided to play safe and went at the middle of the green. The rails performed flawlessly from the rough and gave me a beautiful high ball which landed in the center of the green and allowed me a chance to save par. I'm so happy to have a fairway wood that thrives from any lie.

--
Tapatalk2

This made me chuckle. Who would have thought we'd be swinging 7 woods? I actually didn't hit mine once today, but that's not common.

I was pondering the Black after reading all the love it gets, today though the TF3 reminded me just how much of a weapon the combo I have off the tee is for me. I should use it way more from the tee box than I do, that's for sure.

Tell me about it, dude. I hit mine twice off the tee today, both were just beat. One gave me a fairway on what was probably the tightest hole on the course and the other I hit about 20 yards farther than I expected, which resulted in me ending up in a big fairway bunker in the middle of the hole. Regardless, both were much straighter than the majority of my drives.

Another sweet F3 shot was from the junk 170 yards out. I hit a punch screamer under a bunch of trees that gave me a GIR. I don't think it got more than 5 feet off the ground the whole time.

Are yall changing the ball position when hitting these off the tee, and AW you teeing them like an iron?

--
Tapatalk2

Tell me about it, dude. I hit mine twice off the tee today, both were just beat. One gave me a fairway on what was probably the tightest hole on the course and the other I hit about 20 yards farther than I expected, which resulted in me ending up in a big fairway bunker in the middle of the hole. Regardless, both were much straighter than the majority of my drives.

Another sweet F3 shot was from the junk 170 yards out. I hit a punch screamer under a bunch of trees that gave me a GIR. I don't think it got more than 5 feet off the ground the whole time.

I can just rip this thing down the fairway, and it sounds and feels stupid good to me when I do too. I'm just so stubborn sometimes, and for just a few more yards. Dumb.

I still can't get over how forgiving and long the 14* has been for me. I really can't.

Are yall changing the ball position when hitting these off the tee, and AW you teeing them like an iron?

--
Tapatalk2

The only time I change ball position is if I'm in the deeper stuff. I will move the ball back a little.

I can just rip this thing down the fairway, and it sounds and feels stupid good to me when I do too. I'm just so stubborn sometimes, and for just a few more yards. Dumb.

I still can't get over how forgiving and long the 14* has been for me. I really can't.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me either. I told my FIL today that exact same thing. It is that tease of what you can get out of the driver.

--
Tapatalk2

I play mine dead middle SW, most consistent spot I've found for it and tee'd low.

Mine is almost always a ball back from my left heel.

Me and the 3W are fighting again. Dumb club. I hate her.

I had some F3+ issues for awhile, but if I get my hips around it's just money. When I arm swing it I fight the rights.

It's jealous of your new friend, Tom.

I forgot about Tom. Two vastly different clubs too. I think ever since I got LT2W Ive struggled with the F3+... interesting.

I had some F3+ issues for awhile, but if I get my hips around it's just money. When I arm swing it I fight the rights.

Its been, high, short and right for me lately. Ive actually barely hit it my last two rounds and the times I did were bad.

That is interesting, Kmac. It was almost exactly the same thing when you were swinging the RBZ at the same time.

Long Tom: Swing Killer.

--
Tapatalk2

That is a BIG shaft length difference Kmac with one longer than "normal" and the other shorter than "normal", I could see that causing some issues.

That is interesting, Kmac. It was almost exactly the same thing when you were swinging the RBZ at the same time.

Yeah youre right. Same exact thing happened when I had the RBZ 3W. Stupid game.

Long Tom: Swing Killer.

--
Tapatalk2

haha dont talk bad about LT2W!

That is a BIG shaft length difference Kmac with one longer than "normal" and the other shorter than "normal", I could see that causing some issues.

Yeah it sure seems to be doing something. Its also caused me some ponders haha

wasnt grooving the F3 very well on Saturday, had to abandon it and hit my driver for the first time in quite some time.

Just couldnt get it going with the swing, seems to be an every other round thing with this 3W.

By no means could it POSSIBLY be my swing ....lol

I just find it weird that I can smash the hell out of the F5 and love it so much, but I'm not feeling the F3 all that much. I find it's either good or it's right, way right. I don't understand that.

In my last round that I played (with War Eagle and Overkill), I used the F3 off the tee for more than half the round. I can tell you that it is now my go to club off the tee for me. That used to be my 3 hybrid for shorter par 4s and laying up to numbers because I felt as though it was my safest shot and I could play it to a number of different distances. Now that club is the F3. I love this thing. I can hit it high or low. I can play it dead straight, with a fade or with a draw. I love it off the tee, but also love it just as much from the short grass. Everything about this one is exactly what I look for in a FW wood, with the added fact that it gets through the turf better for me.

Well it's definitely not our swings lol

In my last round that I played (with War Eagle and Overkill), I used the F3 off the tee for more than half the round. I can tell you that it is now my go to club off the tee for me. That used to be my 3 hybrid for shorter par 4s and laying up to numbers because I felt as though it was my safest shot and I could play it to a number of different distances. Now that club is the F3. I love this thing. I can hit it high or low. I can play it dead straight, with a fade or with a draw. I love it off the tee, but also love it just as much from the short grass. Everything about this one is exactly what I look for in a FW wood, with the added fact that it gets through the turf better for me.

Is yours the stock length?

Well it's definitely not our swings lol

its just been frustrating cause its literally been great for me every other round. Been really working on a more smooth tempo, my takeaway is ungodly slow and then I tend to get quick coming through.

Then sometimes I feel like I swing "too easy" and dont finish the swing and end up slicing it right.

Back