Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice combo review there between Hawk & JB! This thing sounds like a beast from both off the deck and off the tee. I also really like the loft options available especially the strong 3 at 14*.

We all know how good the stock shaft is and needless to say, I look forward to hitting this in May and expect to see this in both teammates and competitors bags in July!!

Great write up guys!

Nice review guys!!

Great review Hawk. I can't wait to get this in my hands at the outing in May.

I like everything I see and heat about this club, still in the running for my new FW. Nice work gents!

Awesome review! I just ordered one of these (14 degree) on Saturday and should be available for pickup this week. I never had confidence with my current 3W off the deck - so I am hoping those Gliderails do wonders for me!

Thanks Ryan & JB!

Awesome stuff Hawk. It makes me want this club even more.

Great review Hawk (and JB)! I'm not really looking for a new FW right now but this will be at the top of my list if that changes.

Great review, enjoyed reading and watching.

I'm trying not to buy fairway woods this year, but I'm very tempted to hit the Mashie line. All of them.

That pic with and without the glide rail is nice. Looks as if a "fat" hit will still get you decent distance. Can't wait to hit one.

Tap-in Talking

Great review guys. I am really intrigued by this club. I have zero issues with hitting a 3W off the tee but my problems begin off the deck. I really think this club could be a game changer for me. Official ponder time has begun.

Great review guys. I am really intrigued by this club. I have zero issues with hitting a 3W off the tee but my problems begin off the deck. I really think this club could be a game changer for me. Official ponder time has begun.

This has always been me. I never had an issue with the tee shot. Heck, I rarely had an issue with the ball on top of the rough as if it was teed up. However put me on a tight lie and I was a 2 out of 4 guy. Twice it would be good and twice it would be very bad. This club has changed all of that and the best part is really not the great shots. Those are great and I love what I see when I hit them. The best is the bad shots. THey are fewer and farther between and even better is they go straight with little distance loss. Without the fear of hitting it "heavy", I take out the "hitting it thin" and the result has been superior to anything I have played to date in this category.

I'm pretty interested but my main issue with the FW is the same.. lol big sweeping hook. Otherwise I actually prefer it off the deck (my current one). I want to get this one because my Mashie has never once left my bag (except for the MC). I don't even care if its longer, shorter at this point. This has me intrigued, Mashie like workmanship from a FW? Thats pretty neat I think.

Thanks guys. I know some people have left concerns with the Mashie hybrids, but I just didn't see it. My directional miss would tend to be a big looping hook, but it just didn't show itself with the Mashie during the review. When I put the Baffler T-Rail on grass I was sending big lefties out there.

Nice review, Hawk. Impressed with the performance off the tee that you saw, as I believe most people look at the gliderails on the bottom and think only about how well it will work from the turf. I have often not carried a 3Wood, as hitting it from the fairway was something that was impossible for me to do, but with the Mashie it sounds as Cleveland has taken that challenge away. This is a definite must try for a lot of people, and think it could fill the fairway wood spot quite nicely in a lot of golfers bags.

Also, great graphic on how the gliderails work with turf interaction. Thanks!

Awesome review Hawk! This sounds like a fantastic product, and I really want to get some swings with it! I love that picture showing how the gliderails work. Really awesome!

This has always been me. I never had an issue with the tee shot. Heck, I rarely had an issue with the ball on top of the rough as if it was teed up. However put me on a tight lie and I was a 2 out of 4 guy. Twice it would be good and twice it would be very bad. This club has changed all of that and the best part is really not the great shots. Those are great and I love what I see when I hit them. The best is the bad shots. THey are fewer and farther between and even better is they go straight with little distance loss. Without the fear of hitting it "heavy", I take out the "hitting it thin" and the result has been superior to anything I have played to date in this category.

Yeah I'm pretty much a 50/50 guy as well. My good shots are good and my misses are OB straight rights. Due to this I never go for a green outside of 230 if there is any trouble. Thus almost never eagle chances for me. Would be nice to have a choice again at laying up or going for it.

Nice job Hawk! This FW is definitely on my list of clubs to hit for 2012

Great review Hawk...after getting to hit this at Golfsmith last weekend, I'm pretty sure one will be in the bag very soon...just a matter of 14 or 15.5 deg. Easily the best feeling FW I've ever tried.

Wow this sure brings a ton of attention. Looks like a hybrid and plays like a hybrid with more forgiveness off the deck. Sounds pretty awesome to me! Great job as usual Hawk. JB your comments about the forgiveness off tight lies, is setting really heavy in my mind about trying one of these out.

Nice review guys. Im almost positive the Mashie 14* will stay in my bag this year as Ive always struggled with 3 metal off the deck. Look forward to adding the game changer to my bag and carving up FW's.

I really can't wait to get this thing out for a few rounds when the conditions are better. I've rarely entertained the idea of going for par 5's in two, but I think it's going to be possible with some added driver yardage and this club in hand. Also, after my last range session I think it's going to be a great tee club when I am looking for some added precision.

Nice review Hawk! I'm pretty sure this will go on the birthday wish list this spring. I'm thinking about the F7 to start with. That should give me a good stick from 200-210 ish I would think. Gliderails should make it easier to hit, plus it will still have some versatility like a hybrid.

Nice review guys. Im almost positive the Mashie 14* will stay in my bag this year as Ive always struggled with 3 metal off the deck. Look forward to adding the game changer to my bag and carving up FW's.

believe it when I see it haha

Nice review Hawk! I'm pretty sure this will go on the birthday wish list this spring. I'm thinking about the F7 to start with. That should give me a good stick from 200-210 ish I would think. Gliderails should make it easier to hit, plus it will still have some versatility like a hybrid.

believe it when I see it haha

I'm really considering the same. Hoping to hit it first to see where it would fit in with my set up.

Back