Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Both the hybrids are Mashie plus. I briefly had a first gen mashie a couple years ago but I couldn't hit anything then. There's a bit of offset on the hybrids, fairways are fairly even. I found a lot of fairways seem to have negative offset.

Most of my shots were downhill, so a bit of help. Still, very happy.

Took the F5 out today just for fun. Only hit it a handful of times, but the results were good on all of them. This club really is a bomber off the tee for me. I like the J40s but this one is going to stay in the bag again for a little while. Just too easy to hit.

Took the F5 out today just for fun. Only hit it a handful of times, but the results were good on all of them. This club really is a bomber off the tee for me. I like the J40s but this one is going to stay in the bag again for a little while. Just too easy to hit.

I agree Jon, and because of the footprint, it appears hybrid like making it quite easy to hit off the deck for many.

I agree Jon, and because of the footprint, it appears hybrid like making it quite easy to hit off the deck for many.

This was def the case for me, the 5w was the first fairway I ever really fell for off the deck. Lots of fun, and I still love the retro finish.

It does. I also think the taller face gives me some more confidence on tee shots. Just really like the way the face frames the ball.

This was def the case for me, the 5w was the first fairway I ever really fell for off the deck. Lots of fun, and I still love the retro finish.

Me too. I get more questions about this club than any other club I've ever gamed.

Digging up an oldie

I still rock the F7 and can't ever see it leaving my bag. So versatile and the stock shaft works great with my swing. I always seem to hit 2 or 3 shots a round with this club that just make me smile in disbelief.

Any one else still proudly rocking out any of these fairways?

Yea, I game the 5 wood. Great club

Any one else still proudly rocking out any of these fairways?
The F5 and F7, along with the M4 and M5 reside in my backup bag (along with a Cleveland Classic driver, and HiBore XLi irons. The only thing that isn't Cleveland in that bag are the wedges (W/S TW9's and putter).

F5 is the only club that will stay in my spare bag for the foreseeable future. Almost bought an M3 on a whim at golf galaxy today...

Bit of a thread revival here. Almost a year after my last post... Took the F5 out for my league round last night on a whim and think it will be staying in the bag for a bit here.

First par 5, I hit it out of the rough from 310 out. Left myself about 90 yards to the center. Also used it on a short par 4 off the tee. Didn't measure, but it's exactly where I expected it to be about a GW out from the green.

The Mashies were fantastic freaking clubs. It took a long time for me to move on from my F3, and it took a hell of a club to do it (Big Bertha fairway). The thing that eventually got the F3 out of my bag was it was tough to hit from the deck - but I suspect that my thoughts would be somewhat different if I had the F5. The F3 was a monster from the tee, however.

Back