Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Guys I am all for talking golf and different shots, but I think it needs to be in a different thread. This one should be really all about the 588 irons.

Interesting B, I'll give it a try on Thursday.

Hawk as you may have seen at the outing when I'm off, I'm miles off. There isn't a worm safe anywhere.

One thing is certain, with any other iron I've played there has always been an "I wish" factor about them. That isn't the case now, the things are just so complete for me I run out of descriptive words.

--
Tapatalk2

Guys I am all for talking golf and different shots, but I think it needs to be in a different thread. This one should be really all about the 588 irons.

My fault for derailing the thread JB. To get it back on topic if any of you guys try that type of shot with your 588s I'd love to know how it works for you maybe compared to the 588 PW.

You guys are probably gonna lynch me but I made a little trip to Lowe's today. Loving everything about the 588's but ever since playing some satin finished irons I long for the glare to be gone. I got ridiculous glare in my eyes about 3 or 4 times too many on Saturday during my round.

I'm giving my 588's the steel wool treatment and hoping it dulls down the glare significantly.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

For all the glare talk, it hasn't hit me yet. The topline has the satin treatment unlike my V2's which literally did blind me a couple times.

For all the glare talk, it hasn't hit me yet. The topline has the satin treatment unlike my V2's which literally did blind me a couple times.

You need Hawaii sun! :wink:

Honestly, we haven't had more than one cloudy day in 6 weeks. Now, the face of my wedges will get me sometimes, but they face the sun a little more.

Where is the glare coming from if I may ask. I have not had that issue with the dulled topline as of yet.

Where is the glare coming from if I may ask. I have not had that issue with the dulled topline as of yet.

I play all of my irons about a ball back from center except 4 and 5 which I put to the center. Because of this I see the toe and heel of the club at address more than most probably and it leaves those little blue dots in my vision for a short bit after I see any sun reflection.

It's a very minor and nit picky thing that I can fix easily.

I can see what you are saying, COLT. I'm the opposite with my ball position. I play almost everything forward of center.

Hmm that's odd Colt. I get what you're saying but its not something I've had the misfortune of noticing.

Post up some pics for us.

--
Tapatalk2

So, I may or may not have went to Golf Galaxy early today while the wife was at work and hit these. I didn't look at anything on the monitor because they jack theirs up but boy do I like the way these felt, S300's and all. I came away impressed even with hitting them indoors, I know I shouldn't be surprised at all.

I thought they were surprisingly good in the feel department with the S300's as well, Jman.

Haha start the Jman ponder process. For all the talk about the S300 shaft I thought it felt pretty dang good.

--
Tapatalk2

So, I may or may not have went to Golf Galaxy early today while the wife was at work and hit these. I didn't look at anything on the monitor because they jack theirs up but boy do I like the way these felt, S300's and all. I came away impressed even with hitting them indoors, I know I shouldn't be surprised at all.

No lie, these feel great even with S300's. But it's just on another level with a smoother shaft.

Story line says more than may have went Jman. Sounds like a partial ponder to me.

I thought they were surprisingly good in the feel department with the S300's as well, Jman.

I've always had such a hate/loathe relationship with the S300's (I hate the ever subjective "feel" and loathe them because of their good performance despite the feel) but if it works, it works.

Haha start the Jman ponder process. For all the talk about the S300 shaft I thought it felt pretty dang good.
Tapatalk2

No lie, these feel great even with S300's. But it's just on another level with a smoother shaft.

Story line says more than may have went Jman. Sounds like a partial ponder to me.

Haha, they won't be replacing m i20's any time soon but I really do want to grab a "for fun" set this fall/winter and frankly its looking like these or the J40's (again) if I do. Color me impressed, I'd love to get some out on a course though.

I hit probably about 100 balls with my 7 iron alone today. Seeing a very nice ball flight right now that is about as high as I've seen with an iron from this genre. Still not as high as some guys I guess, but I like it a lot.

Regripped with Golf Pride VDR's today in white and the irons look stupidly nice right now. While I was shopping for the grips I saw a Titleist 712 CB and grabbed it to compare. Size of the cavity doesn't really compare at all. The 588's cavity is much deeper, but the overall profile of the iron is very similar at address. I think it would be crazy to overlook these in the players cavity class just based on the fact that the cavity really is substantial (in comparison), but the shape is as sleek as they come.

I hit probably about 100 balls with my 7 iron alone today. Seeing a very nice ball flight right now that is about as high as I've seen with an iron from this genre. Still not as high as some guys I guess, but I like it a lot.

Regripped with Golf Pride VDR's today in white and the irons look stupidly nice right now. While I was shopping for the grips I saw a Titleist 712 CB and grabbed it to compare. Size of the cavity doesn't really compare at all. The 588's cavity is much deeper, but the overall profile of the iron is very similar at address. I think it would be crazy to overlook these in the players cavity class just based on the fact that the cavity really is substantial (in comparison), but the shape is as sleek as they come.

I'd love to see some pics of that grip/iron combo if you don't care.

100 balls with the 7iron? You're crazy man, LOL

It's my lesson/practice iron when I'm just trying to groove the swing. It felt extra groovy today and I had a hard time stopping! Give me a few minutes and I'll post some pics up.

You rawk (see what I did there)

Even when I LOVE, repeat...LOVE my Ci11s, I'm totally itching to hit these at some point. Wish my local shop had them. They look so good and have been giving a lot of people very good results.

4bcf99e8-43c2-8404.jpg

4bcf99e8-43d6-c789.jpg

Posted via tapatalk

Back