Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

i love the sound of these with KBS shafts in them..... i have a very good feeling ill be getting these sooner or later and picking the shaft i want in them is gonna be the hard part. Does anyone know if they make a AW or 50* 588? not the wedge but the iron?

They got crazy smooth with the KBS installed, Buck.

As for the AW - nope. Just 3-PW in the CB's. I think the MB's have a 2 iron yikes!

Yea man. It was sort of a humbling thing I guess lol. Best decision ever. I wouldn't have been able to get nearly as much out of them if I hadn't done it.

It's just cool that you were able to see that. Plus the KBS are just awesome. I bet the 588's are wicked with the KBS Tour's in them. What type of ball flight did you see as opposed to the PX?

Honestly, the ball flight wasn't that much different. Maybe a little higher, but nothing that just stood out. The difference was that I could go out and swing within myself to get that ball flight. It changed the way I mentally appproached each shot.

THese irons were spectacular for a lot of the Cleveland staffers. In fact, I didn't see a one of us that can't game them. I had my best ball striking day to date with them on Saturday afternoon at Caledonia. I don't know what happened but it did. They are such a rewarding iron. You know they're great when your only complaint is the stock grips.

Coolbreeze got to experience the 588/PXi combo and I think he enjoyed them.

Yea, those grips have to go before people buy them. Unless they play in Minnesota or something. I couldn't work with them here and can't imagine what would have happened if I had them in MB.

TC, they staying in the bag long term? Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, I'm still catching up on a lot of the post MC stuff.

i love the sound of these with KBS shafts in them..... i have a very good feeling ill be getting these sooner or later and picking the shaft i want in them is gonna be the hard part. Does anyone know if they make a AW or 50* 588? not the wedge but the iron?

No A-wedge, but there is a 50 degree 588 wedge out there.

Coolbreeze got to experience the 588/PXi combo and I think he enjoyed them.

He was loving that combination!

I'll have more later, but I hit some really good iron shots with these clubs over the weekend. I also hit some recovery shots with these irons that shocked me and my competitors with how good they were.

I would say we carved up True Blue with these Hawk, hell we both shot low 80's after being out in the oppressive SC heat for multiple days. If that doesn't speak to the forgiveness of these irons I don't know what does. Sure there was some bad shots but those were few and far between, remember #8 the par 3 where we both nailed it to 10-12 feet? I've never been that great on par 3's and I played those extremely well this week. These irons are going nowhere, I love them and they've made me a much better player in the few months I've had them in my bag. Heck I fatted the crap out of a 9 iron in our match and still flew the green, that ain't happening with another iron period.

No, but come Friday I'm going to the local shop and seeing about buying a PW bent a few degrees weak.

at first i didn't think so, but the 588's will be staying in TyNo's bag post MC2. no one should be scared of these irons because they're fantastic. TC and i had a great little convo at Carolina Wings about how much better these are than our previous irons because of accuracy over distance, which is one of the main things i've focused on throughout improving my game.
one minor adjustment though...i will be getting rid of the GP Tour Velvets and getting GP NDMC black whiteouts on them. those grips are wicked awesome.

I forgot about #8! I stuck that green twice over the weekend. Danny, you hit some spectacular shots with these irons on Sunday. Fun to watch and deflating at the same time lol. Nothing like nailing one and seeing the other guy just match your shot right in front of your eyes.

TC, they staying in the bag long term? Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, I'm still catching up on a lot of the post MC stuff.

Tough question, and something I've been mulling over for a month or so. I'm in a tough, tough spot right now. One you'll probably be in soon with those Bstones and those Nike's.

Tough question, and something I've been mulling over for a month or so. I'm in a tough, tough spot right now. One you'll probably be in soon with those Bstones and those Nike's.

what is the other set thats putting you in a tough spot?

In the name of TC's spite beard I warm up sh*nking the crap out of the 588 6 iron every time Im in Golfsmith. It sure is consistent for me, I'll give it that.

In the name of TC's spite beard I warm up sh*nking the crap out of the 588 6 iron every time Im in Golfsmith. It sure is consistent for me, I'll give it that.

WTS! These are the one club I've never had that happen.

WTS! These are the one club I've never had that happen.

In full disclosure it seems to happen with all irons I hit inside for some reason. But when I do hit these good they just dont seem as soft to me as others.

In full disclosure it seems to happen with all irons I hit inside for some reason. But when I do hit these good they just dont seem as soft to me as others.

I can see or rather feel that. I think some of that has to do with the solid sound these make having an impact on what we feel. I can't tell a difference from one iron to another on a flushed shot, I feel nothing and honestly I'm not listening for anything either but I do hear more of crack with these vs other irons I've used in the past.

whats the biggest difference? forgiveness?

Softness. Everyone asked me this question and I told them the same thing. The 588's aren't really harsh and unforgiving at all but I like how with the 20's I feel like its effortless. I also happen to love the CFS shafts

Softness. Everyone asked me this question and I told them the same thing. The 588's aren't really harsh and unforgiving at all but I like how with the 20's I feel like its effortless. I also happen to love the CFS shafts

Interesting. Do the 588s feel a little harder? I know that's subjective but if that's the case I don't think I would get along too well with them. I've yet to hit an i20 but I need to hit one of those and a 588 to compare against everything else I've hit so far.

No, not harder. More powerful and solid but it's because they sound so different. I was talking to the Cleveland guy about where these are forged. He thinks Keegan Bradley will have these in the bag next year

No, not harder. More powerful and solid but it's because they sound so different. I was talking to the Cleveland guy about where these are forged. He thinks Keegan Bradley will have these in the bag next year

Sorry, harder was a bad word. I can't think of the word I want to use, maybe it will come to me.

Go with your gut on this one buddy. Tought spot but a good one. Your iron game was flawless in the rounds I played with you dude. Unreal.

Sorry, harder was a bad word. I can't think of the word I want to use, maybe it will come to me.

I think the descriptive term best suited for the feel of the 588's is "dense". The metal is soft but just feels very compacted if that makes sense.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Back