The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt call Largent one, later in his career he became one. Just on my video watching though. As is pertains to strictly route running it would be Jerry Rice (when he wanted to) and Chris Carter. When it comes to route running there are a lot that people forget about though. Henry Ellard and Mike Quick are two that come to mind. Calvin Johnson will end up on this list as well in due time. Rice and Irvin are without a doubt the two best I ever saw live or on film (in route running).

Could be, I just saw a lot of Largent and how they always said how precise he was in his routes.

Carter was awesome, didn't get to see enough of him though.

I think Larry Fitzgerald's pretty special too. He's been giving Michael Floyd grief for not coming to work outs. I think he'll eventually go down as one of the great WR in this game.

Could be, I just saw a lot of Largent and how they always said how precise he was in his routes.

Carter was awesome, didn't get to see enough of him though.

Ironically I just broke down 12 hours of film on Largent for the NFL draft this year for some comparisons. Later in his career (call them the middle years), he was a very good route runner. Largent had undersized hands, so he ran smart routes, but would also not run all the routes (at least in my opinion). He also did not run slants all that well because he broke off early. Very Art Monk like in that aspect.

There was a guy named Vance Johnson from the Broncos that ran routes almost exactly like Largent. Its as if he watched nothing but Largent film as a youngster. Obviously they were not that far apart in years, but it was eery.

Wasnt Vance part of the Three Amigos in Denver? Wow good times if that is who I think it is.

Ironically I just broke down 12 hours of film on Largent for the NFL draft this year for some comparisons. Later in his career (call them the middle years), he was a very good route runner. Largent had undersized hands, so he ran smart routes, but would also not run all the routes (at least in my opinion). He also did not run slants all that well because he broke off early. Very Art Monk like in that aspect.

There was a guy named Vance Johnson from the Broncos that ran routes almost exactly like Largent. Its as if he watched nothing but Largent film as a youngster. Obviously they were not that far apart in years, but it was eery.

Cool info. I definitly have a bias growing up as a Seachicken fan with Largent.

Speaking of the Seachickens I wonder if anyone picked up (or will) Mike Williams yet. Wasn't too surprised about his release, he looked aweful last year. So slow getting of the line.

Wasnt Vance part of the Three Amigos in Denver? Wow good times if that is who I think it is.

Good answer dude.

Cool info. I definitly have a bias growing up as a Seachicken fan with Largent.

Speaking of the Seachickens I wonder if anyone picked up (or will) Mike Williams yet. Wasn't too surprised about his release, he looked aweful last year. So slow getting of the line.

He was flat out bad.

Slackers :D

Dallas signs Claiborne. Good for them. (still mad at them for last season though)

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...four-year-deal-worth-1626-million-sources-say

Panthers pick up some speed at WR (well maybe not so speedy but a good pick up for them I think)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8192530/oakland-raiders-trade-louis-murphy-carolina-panthers-pick

and...a DA finally gets walking papers in Detroit

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8191512/detroit-lions-cut-cb-aaron-berry-latest-arrest

Lolly Lolly Lolly...

Jones-Drew not to get a new deal. A little odd in my book, wonder how long that lasts.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...-owner-shad-khan-give-maurice-jones-drew-deal

Probably until the week before the regular season when he stops pouting and shows up for work. He signed a deal that made him the 3rd highest paid RB a few years ago before he was even the full time starter. If he didn't like it he shouldn't have signed a 5 year deal. He wants to whine about how his salary compares to other deals now, but his current deal equally divided would be around $6M/yr, which isn't nearly as low as they want to make it out to be compared to Rice, Forte, etc. But Forte is one of his best friends and they have the same agent, too.

Rashad Jennings can carry the load in the pre-season just fine. Mojo will be rested and back for September. No worries.

I've been a Saints fan since I was 3 years old, needless to say I'm glad the off-season is over and training camp has started. I think too many people are writing us off before the season has even started. We still have one of the most talented teams in football. Hopefully the Saints will be the first team to ever play in the Superbowl in their home stadium! WHO DAT!

[h=1]Carolina Panthers center Ryan Kalil buys full-page ad in local paper, guarantees a Super Bowl victory....... discuss....[/h]

I think Larry Fitzgerald's pretty special too. He's been giving Michael Floyd grief for not coming to work outs. I think he'll eventually go down as one of the great WR in this game.

My best friend played at Pitt with him, was a freshman during Larry's last year. I had a pair of Larry's game gloves from Pitt...

...had being the operative word, because I lost them.

It's Packer time. Charles Woodson lined up at safety today in practice.

Kevin

It's Packer time. Charles Woodson lined up at safety today in practice.

Kevin

Now does that mean he is too old and slow to play CB or their secondary is so bad that he needs to go there for support?

Now does that mean he is too old and slow to play CB or their secondary is so bad that he needs to go there for support?

That has happened to a lot of older cornerbacks. They put them at safety because of their great instincts, but they are not as quick as they used to be.

It means he might pick off 8 passes and have 8 sacks this season.

Kevin

That has happened to a lot of older cornerbacks. They put them at safety because of their great instincts, but they are not as quick as they used to be.

This. It is a great position for an experienced player will strong instincts and good decision making skills. I think Woodson will be great lining up at safety.

It means he might pick off 8 passes and have 8 sacks this season.

Kevin

I think he might pick off 8 at safety, I just hope none come from Stafford!

I think he might pick off 8 at safety, I just hope none come from Stafford!

I suspect he'll get one or two against the Lions, and force Stafford to fumble a few times on blitzes.

Going to be a great season in the NFC North. Can't wait.

Kevin

This. It is a great position for an experienced player will strong instincts and good decision making skills. I think Woodson will be great lining up at safety.

I am a BIG Woodson fan. I think he will be great at safety. In my opinion he is a Hall of Famer. 1st ballot

I am a BIG Woodson fan. I think he will be great at safety. In my opinion he is a Hall of Famer. 1st ballot

He has been fantastic with the Packers. Word is they're playing him at safety in the base, and near the line of scrimmage on receivers in other packages. He's got such a nose for the ball, and is a really good tackler. It could be great. But they better hope Jared Bush can cover. Or Shields. That's more than a little frightening.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back