The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an appointment today at Noon with a local tattoo artist. I reckon I'm getting some work done. Been a while since I've been in the chair.

What are going to get? Do you have drawings?

OK, so, anyone here used Dish and DirecTV? Considering switching to DirecTV as Dish are being turds about upgrading hardware, not happy for being a 5 year customer.

One benefit is obviously Sunday Ticket, other than that though, thoughts?

Both have their plusses and minuses. Had both with in the last 24 months. Still have D* on the Tour Van. Dish has better hardware right now, but D*'s DVR box is okay. D* only locks in prices usually for the 1st 12 months, so pay attention to what your rate will be after that.

Both suck during bad weather despite what they say. Less compression than cable though in most cases which is rather nice. You can still get the Red Zone Channel with Dish which is nice too.

Got an appointment today at Noon with a local tattoo artist. I reckon I'm getting some work done. Been a while since I've been in the chair.
You're gonna put the word Nate across your back? :act-up:

What are you thinking of getting and where?

I want to get something on my right arm filled in and then I want to discuss starting a half sleeve on the right arm. I am meeting with a guy that is renowned for Black/grey work but he specializes in Asian/Polynesian style, which is what I like. I want to give him free reign to do whatever he wants. I only have certain things that are not allowed, other than that, I don't really care.

Both have their plusses and minuses. Had both with in the last 24 months. Still have D* on the Tour Van. Dish has better hardware right now, but D*'s DVR box is okay. D* only locks in prices usually for the 1st 12 months, so pay attention to what your rate will be after that.

Both suck during bad weather despite what they say. Less compression than cable though in most cases which is rather nice. You can still get the Red Zone Channel with Dish which is nice too.

Thanks JB. Yeah, if Dish would have budged on a break and getting me the Hopper I wouldn't even be thinking this. With DirecTV I can get their new 5 program HD DVR and save about 30.00 the first year and 5.00 the next. Not bad.

I'd rather have cable honestly, but, our local phone company (local as in, IN town) have a monopoly on the cable AND the internet....and their HD channels are pathetic. Whole home DVR, but only HD in one room.

Sounds pretty sweet dude!

I want to get something on my right arm filled in and then I want to discuss starting a half sleeve on the right arm. I am meeting with a guy that is renowned for Black/grey work but he specializes in Asian/Polynesian style, which is what I like. I want to give him free reign to do whatever he wants. I only have certain things that are not allowed, other than that, I don't really care.

You know those tattoo things are permanent, right?

Kevin

9u9apugu.jpg
Gotta love rolling in from the night before to good ole breakfast

You know those tattoo things are permanent, right?

Kevin

Yes sir. I have a few already. Time to go bigger.

9u9apugu.jpg
Gotta love rolling in from the night before to good ole breakfast
Maybe she is still working...err, I mean up from the night before?

That iPhone sure does take a good picture... hehe

Sounds great!! I hope you are pleased with whatever he creates.

I've always wanted to get more, but just have never done it.

Maybe give Foster a Sharpie and let him go to town. I bet he'd like that.

Kevin

OK, so, anyone here used Dish and DirecTV? Considering switching to DirecTV as Dish are being turds about upgrading hardware, not happy for being a 5 year customer.

Ive had both and right now have DirecTV. Hardware with DirecTV this time around is awesome. I dont know about Dish and the new stuff they have but my time with them was awful. Service sucked. Programming was no where near as good as DirecTV and when you leave them they will harass you for years. I'll never use Dish for that and the fact I hate those dumb Hopper commercials.

What about the Hopper with Dish?

Thanks JB. Yeah, if Dish would have budged on a break and getting me the Hopper I wouldn't even be thinking this. With DirecTV I can get their new 5 program HD DVR and save about 30.00 the first year and 5.00 the next. Not bad.

I'd rather have cable honestly, but, our local phone company (local as in, IN town) have a monopoly on the cable AND the internet....and their HD channels are pathetic. Whole home DVR, but only HD in one room.

I will never understand the idea that I have to pay these satellite companies up front money for the "right" to rent their equipment. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Ive had both and right now have DirecTV. Hardware with DirecTV this time around is awesome. I dont know about Dish and the new stuff they have but my time with them was awful. Service sucked. Programming was no where near as good as DirecTV and when you leave them they will harass you for years. I'll never use Dish for that and the fact I hate those dumb Hopper commercials.

"Yeah whats that meat thing that you eat, Yeah a hot dog" Ugghhhh I want to stick ice picks in my ears when that dang thing comes on.

I whine about Direct a lot but they blow Dish out of the water in every realm to me. Dish is sneaky and after they get their claws into you you're done. neither will reward loyalty but I've found with Direct a little b!tching gets things done.

Find someone who has direct and get the $10 credit and if you're a AAA member you'll get another $10 off. I just set my mom up and she's paying $5 and change a month the first year lol.

"Yeah whats that meat thing that you eat, Yeah a hot dog" Ugghhhh I want to stick ice picks in my ears when that dang thing comes on.

Hate that commercial. What ad company thought that was the best they could come up with?

Nice dude. Get something just mean looking, all the way up your neck and onto your face too.

I got a pretty dumb tat when I was 19 that I'd like to not necessarily cover, but add to so that it's not the only thing there. I thought it was pretty bad ass when I got it. I don't want to cover it because it was fitting to who I was at 19. I think a big half sleeve from my elbow to shoulder on my right arm would be pretty awesome. Sort of make what I already have a part of a new design. I've been meaning to go talk to someone but just never have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back