The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never understand the idea that I have to pay these satellite companies up front money for the "right" to rent their equipment. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.
better yet, paying a monthly fee for a protection plan. yet, you have to return the equipment.

Ive had both and right now have DirecTV. Hardware with DirecTV this time around is awesome. I dont know about Dish and the new stuff they have but my time with them was awful. Service sucked. Programming was no where near as good as DirecTV and when you leave them they will harass you for years. I'll never use Dish for that and the fact I hate those dumb Hopper commercials.

I'm leaning DirecTV hard right now, if nothing else a change sounds nice. Plus, two years later I can play the go back to Dish game if I deem it necessary.

I will never understand the idea that I have to pay these satellite companies up front money for the "right" to rent their equipment. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I agree, its irritating. "Oh yes, you've been a long time customer, we'll upgrade you to the hopper for 129.00 up front and rental fee's". Screw that.

I whine about Direct a lot but they blow Dish out of the water in every realm to me. Dish is sneaky and after they get their claws into you you're done. neither will reward loyalty but I've found with Direct a little b!tching gets things done.

Find someone who has direct and get the $10 credit and if you're a AAA member you'll get another $10 off. I just set my mom up and she's paying $5 and change a month the first year lol.

Tell me more...I'm not in AAA but is the other just a credit for being referred?

Maybe I should start a Directv thread where we can use each other as "referrals" and get money off. Hmmm.

OK, so, anyone here used Dish and DirecTV? Considering switching to DirecTV as Dish are being turds about upgrading hardware, not happy for being a 5 year customer.

One benefit is obviously Sunday Ticket, other than that though, thoughts?

I just resigned up with Dish for the Hopper system. It is incredible! You need to talk to the deal maker at dish to get any of the prices dropped. I just told them that I was looking at DirectTV and they transferred me to him. I ended up not having to pay for the upgrade to the Hopper, HD for life, 3 months of Sports and Movie channels, and he gave me $10 off my bill for 24 months. That is how long the contract was. I could not be happier and have a $75 bill for Top 200 HD, the Hopper DVR and 2 Joeys for other HD tvs. Pretty sweet deal.

I dont know Grant, I just got the whole home with direct and its pretty awesome. got my bill down to $100 on the nose.

Tell me more...I'm not in AAA but is the other just a credit for being referred?

Correct. You'll a $100 bill credit (spread over 10 months) and the referrer gets the same.

I still need to call and get the redzone channel back for free.

Correct. You'll a $100 bill credit (spread over 10 months) and the referrer gets the same.
its only on new business right?!?

I dont know Grant, I just got the whole home with direct and its pretty awesome. got my bill down to $100 on the nose.

I can pause my tv in one room and un-pause it the other. I also have 3 dvrs and a regular feed that always plays. One last thing is the Prime Time. It records the 4 major networks all the time and keeps them for up to 8 days. They have a new channel skipping feature too. I don't even have to touch the remote to skip channels.

Nice dude. Get something just mean looking, all the way up your neck and onto your face too.

I got a pretty dumb tat when I was 19 that I'd like to not necessarily cover, but add to so that it's not the only thing there. I thought it was pretty bad ass when I got it. I don't want to cover it because it was fitting to who I was at 19. I think a big half sleeve from my elbow to shoulder on my right arm would be pretty awesome. Sort of make what I already have a part of a new design. I've been meaning to go talk to someone but just never have.

Lucky for all of you I was able to get a close up pic of this bad ass tat at the Iowa tour stop.

Spoiler
hello-kitty-tattoos.jpg

Move over Karl Malone and Antonio Cromartie.....just saw on ESPN's 'Broke' that Evander Holyfield is paying child support for 11 kids he's had with 9 different women.

I can pause my tv in one room and un-pause it the other. I also have 3 dvrs and a regular feed that always plays. One last thing is the Prime Time. It records the 4 major networks all the time and keeps them for up to 8 days. They have a new channel skipping feature too. I don't even have to touch the remote to skip channels.

I can do all of that...minus the channel skipping. and quite frankly I see no need in recording all of the major networks.

Move over Karl Malone and Antonio Cromartie.....just saw on ESPN's 'Broke' that Evander Holyfield is paying child support for 11 kids he's had with 9 different women.

I wonder if they're all 3 years old like Cromartie's?

I can do all of that...minus the channel skipping. and quite frankly I see no need in recording all of the major networks.

It is pretty cool. I sometimes just go back and watch random stuff when nothing is on.

It is pretty cool. I sometimes just go back and watch random stuff when nothing is on.
I am sure it is...I just record what I like. I have 2 DVRs and they are on whole home. So, its pretty awesome

I am covering another teacher's class right now. It is call Foods II and most of the kids are fat for some reason.

Sooooo....anyone want to refer me for DirecTV? haha

Has anybody ever read this website?

http://www.factcheck.org/

Is most of the stuff true? Does it lean towards one party or the other?

I just resigned up with Dish for the Hopper system. It is incredible! You need to talk to the deal maker at dish to get any of the prices dropped. I just told them that I was looking at DirectTV and they transferred me to him. I ended up not having to pay for the upgrade to the Hopper, HD for life, 3 months of Sports and Movie channels, and he gave me $10 off my bill for 24 months. That is how long the contract was. I could not be happier and have a $75 bill for Top 200 HD, the Hopper DVR and 2 Joeys for other HD tvs. Pretty sweet deal.

Pretty good deal. Except you have no NFL Package and if you follow an NFL team where you dont live that is huge. Plus I like watching the games I want and not what the dumb network sends my way.

Pretty good deal. Except you have no NFL Package and if you follow an NFL team where you dont live that is huge. Plus I like watching the games I want and not what the dumb network sends my way.

True. If the Panthers are not on, I just leave it on RedZone.

I should probably get some work done right now. But I just don't feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back