The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Brown dude.. Gets hit, jumps right back up, doesn't gloat, just throws the ball at the ref and gets right back in formation.

I thought he would make more of an impact when Matthews was out early. I have always like him as well though, just a straight shooter.

Wow collinsworth called it, poor lt was hurt

For all who took my advice earlier today your welcome. I know I took my own advice and made a tidy profit on that game.

I like that Brown dude.. Gets hit, jumps right back up, doesn't gloat, just throws the ball at the ref and gets right back in formation.

He's a awesome guy, has a passion for the game like few others. Really glad to see him doing well this year with the Chargers after his crap stint with the Eagles and awful ending with the Dolphins.

Saints finally get their first win! I had a feeling we'd get a win tonight. A lot of energy tonight with Drew going for the record and Payton in the house. Let's see if they build off this (probably not but, hey you never know).

He's a awesome guy, has a passion for the game like few others. Really glad to see him doing well this year with the Chargers after his crap stint with the Eagles and awful ending with the Dolphins.

I wish that attitude was more widespread. If all guys acted like that I think the NFL would be much higher on my list..

NFL celes are like soccer dives in my books haha

Still riding high after a huge Colts victory yesterday.

Couldnt be happier for the entire Colts bunch.

"Legend grows for Mr. Luck... he won one for Chuck."

I know I can reach pretty far sometimes when it comes to being optimistic about the Colts. They are definitely better this year than they were last, and without blowing the game against Jacksonville they could realistically be 3-1. I was looking at their upcoming schedule yesterday, and I don't think its too far fetched to think that they could win their next 5 games against the Jets, Browns, Titans, Dolphins, and Jacksonville. I honestly think in all those games Jacksonville will be the toughest because Jacksonville always plays well against us and that is an away game for us. We will most likely lose to NE, but then we have the Bills, Titans again, and the Chiefs on our schedule during the rest of the season. So lets say we win the next 5 games, and then take the games against the Bills, Titans, and Chiefs. That would be a 10-win season. I don't expect them to beat NE, Detroit (although they arent playing that great this year either), or the Texans (lets not forget they actually beat the Texans last year though pretty good). I know the Colts aren't great, but they are playing decent and have a relatively easy schedule ahead of them, is it too far fetched to think that they could possibly get a Wild Card spot? They would most likely lose their first playoff game, but based on their opponents for the rest of the year I'm starting to think a 10-win season isn't too far fetched for the Colts this year.

But you lost that 6'5 monster Garcon...:alien:

Haha, we got a couple of good new receivers in return. I haven't met them in person yet so I don't know how tall they are, but probably at least 6'6" for sure, I can tell just from seeing them on TV...

I shouldn't say a couple. Avery has been pretty good and has good speed, T.Y. Hilton had a good game but lost his hands during the Packers game. I'm interested to see how this Nathan Palmer (aka Naplam) does that they recently promoted from the PS. He is from my hometown and I met him last year playing flag football. He was torching all of us, which I'm sure translates into being awesome in the NFL.

All joking aside...his highlights look pretty good, its just a matter of being able to catch the ball. Apparently he has hands like Pierre Garcon had with the Colts, very inconsistent.

I know I can reach pretty far sometimes when it comes to being optimistic about the Colts. They are definitely better this year than they were last, and without blowing the game against Jacksonville they could realistically be 3-1. I was looking at their upcoming schedule yesterday, and I don't think its too far fetched to think that they could win their next 5 games against the Jets, Browns, Titans, Dolphins, and Jacksonville. I honestly think in all those games Jacksonville will be the toughest because Jacksonville always plays well against us and that is an away game for us. We will most likely lose to NE, but then we have the Bills, Titans again, and the Chiefs on our schedule during the rest of the season. So lets say we win the next 5 games, and then take the games against the Bills, Titans, and Chiefs. That would be a 10-win season. I don't expect them to beat NE, Detroit (although they arent playing that great this year either), or the Texans (lets not forget they actually beat the Texans last year though pretty good). I know the Colts aren't great, but they are playing decent and have a relatively easy schedule ahead of them, is it too far fetched to think that they could possibly get a Wild Card spot? They would most likely lose their first playoff game, but based on their opponents for the rest of the year I'm starting to think a 10-win season isn't too far fetched for the Colts this year.

I really hope you are right... but that might be setting the bar a little too high.
I can easily see them getting to 8-8 this year though, which would be a huge win in my book. Unfortunately though, higher finish means lower draft spots and they have a very distinct lack of talent on the field. I will be interested to see how they build in free agency (and what they lose TO free agency)

I really hope you are right... but that might be setting the bar a little too high.
I can easily see them getting to 8-8 this year though, which would be a huge win in my book. Unfortunately though, higher finish means lower draft spots and they have a very distinct lack of talent on the field. I will be interested to see how they build in free agency (and what they lose TO free agency)

8-8 was what I originally figured they would reach this year. But now based on how the rest of their opponents are playing I think they have a shot at a better record. I know the Pack isn't a good as they have been in recent years, but Luck will keep the Colts in every game I think, it will just come down to how their D plays, which seems to be getting a little better each week. I also think the Colts will do more in Free Agency next year to get some veterans on defense because they will have a lot more cap room from all the guys they released before this year.

Still riding high after a huge Colts victory yesterday.

Couldnt be happier for the entire Colts bunch.

"Legend grows for Mr. Luck... he won one for Chuck."

Was an awesome win for the franchise, team and roster, big time by them!

8-8 was what I originally figured they would reach this year. But now based on how the rest of their opponents are playing I think they have a shot at a better record. I know the Pack isn't a good as they have been in recent years, but Luck will keep the Colts in every game I think, it will just come down to how their D plays, which seems to be getting a little better each week. I also think the Colts will do more in Free Agency next year to get some veterans on defense because they will have a lot more cap room from all the guys they released before this year.

You pegged it better than I did. I had them at 5-6 wins. I figured they would compete alot more this year, but I thought the defense and running game would really hurt them.

They are playing alot better than I expected.

I do not think they will do anything major in free agency. With that said, Grigson has made some really bold moves that Polian would have never even thought of.

More than anything I just hope they address their offensive and defensive line. With better blocking their run game will improve. They have some really good LBs now and Freeney and Mathis are both doing well in their linebacker positions, but their D line needs improvement. I think just improving those two areas could do wonders for both sides of the ball.

More than anything I just hope they address their offensive and defensive line. With better blocking their run game will improve. They have some really good LBs now and Freeney and Mathis are both doing well in their linebacker positions, but their D line needs improvement. I think just improving those two areas could do wonders for both sides of the ball.

I think its mainly interior offensive line! I think Castanzo and Justice are doing fine this year. Sure, they miss some assignments, but I think they have been really solid. The guards are just pathetic. Especially LG.

Our d-line will continue to struggle in the 3-4 until we get a stout nose tackle.

I think Freeney is really struggling and I do not see any way that he is in Indy next year. That is a HUGE HUGE cap figure, so I think he will be cut. Also, I think Vinateiri will be cut as well.

Yep, Adam V needs to go, he isn't the kicker he used to be. Freeney has had a sack in each of the two games game he has played. I think it comes down to how much money he wants, if they can get him at a good price they will resign him. If not, they will continue to use Redding and Mathis.

Yep, Adam V needs to go, he isn't the kicker he used to be. Freeney has had a sack in each of the two games game he has played. I think it comes down to how much money he wants, if they can get him at a good price they will resign him. If not, they will continue to use Redding and Mathis.

A sack doesnt tell the story. Mathis forced that sack last game. Freeney is a pass rusher, not a very good OLB. He gets after the QB well, but he is an expensive body that is getting older and not flourishing in the 3-4 scheme.

He will have to take a HUGE paycut to be resigned. This is his final year of his deal, so we shall see.

Is it me or did it look like a huge gust of wind, inside a dome, swept Mason Crosby's kick way wide? That was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back