The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pass Cam.

That was the worst throw I have ever seen an NFL QB make. Cam had his TE wide open, just sitting there and Cam threw it in the dirt.

Carolina's goal line offense is putrid.

That throw by Cam Newton on 4th and goal was pathetic. Also pathetic: calling a rollout pass on 4th and goal from the one yard line when you are supposed to be a running team. Carolina needs to find their identity.

5-0 for the Falcons. Last 2 wins werent pretty but I will take it. Especially come back win on the road in Washington. Raiders visit the Dome next week.

Tap Tap Taparoo

They're looking real good Dev. Hoping they pound te Raiders and that bum Carson Palmer.

Can someone teach Cam how to throw the football?

That was the worst throw I have ever seen an NFL QB make. Cam had his TE wide open, just sitting there and Cam threw it in the dirt.

Carolina's goal line offense is putrid.

I think he was just trying to clock it haha

Bears with another defensive TD, they are killing the Jags. Their defense is ridiculous at this point.

You like a lot of random sports teams dude haha

Haha aside from Florida State (used to go to FL on vacation twice a year and always followed them since I was young) and the Falcons (Went to a Falcons vs Giants game when I was young and liked the jerseys), everything else is NY or NJ. Haha

Tap Tap Taparoo

Bears with another defensive TD, they are killing the Jags. Their defense is ridiculous at this point.

Its fun to watch. I guess there is an advantage to being in the same scheme. Haha.

They're looking real good Dev. Hoping they pound te Raiders and that bum Carson Palmer.

I am cautiously optimistic. They have done this to me before. See 2 years ago when they were the #1 seed and got completely housed by the Packers in ATL. I think the defense is better this year. May be the difference.

Tap Tap Taparoo

That's a fitting end to that panthers game

Manning having a decent game and the rest of the Broncos are having a horrible game. Easy dropped pass by McGahee on the 4th and 1

That's a fitting end to that panthers game

Sure is. That was a truly awful QB performance. I hope he comes back next game and is fired up and completes a pass or two. The saddest part of the stats is that even on his so few completions, he needed some amazing catches to have them.

I like Tice. He can't help it he has the white Sanchez at QB

Number 6 on the jersey, number one in your heart, plays like number 2

Who Mark Sanchez?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Number 6 on the jersey, number one in your heart, plays like number 2

Who Mark Sanchez?

Haha. Todd doesn't watch football on Sundays!!! I wouldn't with Sanchize as my QB either!!

Cam Newton would kill for Sanchez numbers hehe

Haha. Todd doesn't watch football on Sundays!!! I wouldn't with Sanchize as my QB either!!

No I get to suffer through him and his team tomorrow night....sad thing is so does the rest of the country

I guess Ddec forgot about Antonia's last game.

No I get to suffer through him and his team tomorrow night....sad thing is so does the rest of the country

Lol. I know. It's gonna be fun watching the Texans though.

Manning was charging for another comeback and McGahee blows it again. Come on, man!

I disagree about Cam. At this point he's not playing that well but I think he'll be fine. He needs some help around him like someone besides Smith. I think you're seeing a dude who the rest of the league now has plenty of game tape to look at and game for this year. I think he gets better as the year goes on and if he struggles he comes back strong next year. He's got way too much talent. RG3? Looks like Cam did last year doesn't he?

Watching some of these games lately makes me realize just how bad the Saints defense is. I know we're bad but we've gotten lit up by Cam, Cassel, and RGIII. :banghead:

I disagree about Cam. At this point he's not playing that well but I think he'll be fine. He needs some help around him like someone besides Smith. I think you're seeing a dude who the rest of the league now has plenty of game tape to look at and game for this year. I think he gets better as the year goes on and if he struggles he comes back strong next year. He's got way too much talent. RG3? Looks like Cam did last year doesn't he?

He does, but could you also not say that both look like Vince Young his rookie year? Great at times, awful at others. But if you seriously go back and look at the Cam Newton stat lines and games for his entire career, I think you might be surprised with what you see.

Obviously just my opinion and I am no way (and have not) said he will not end up progressing, but to say he is not regressing right now would be incorrect. I also don't buy the argument about lack of talent. He has a great veteran in Smith (who tore into him again 2 weeks ago). Brandon Lafell bailed him out on two occasions today with incredible catches. And he has a running game and a serviceable TE.

However if you watch the games or the highlights, you will repeatedly see that they have to still cut half the field off on passing plays, a guy that holds the ball too long and outside of the weak side option, has very little success so far this year. And today was the worst he has looked and some could argue that with each game this year he has looked worse.

I think the talent is there, but it takes more than that and if the guy's head is not right and he is not learning enough week in and week out, he is in trouble. All of those are "ifs", but the proof is in the pudding. He started out like a house of fire in this league and has since "been figured out" so to speak and added no new dimensions. I hope that changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back