Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

Good find!

That's probably it now that you mention it. I went through a time when I couldn't not fade that F3 and it really frustrated me, but it's come around nicely in the last 6 weeks or so. It's a valuable club to have for a hacker like me. Hell, I choked way down and hit it on a par 3 last night because of a headwind.

I had such an amazing day with Mashie fairways today, literally a day where it felt almost automatic. Some might call this a cheater club, I prefer to look at it as an equalizer. I can spray my driver as good as the next guy, but knowing I have these fairways in my bag makes that errant drive easier to swallow.

Where these really shined for me today was on 2 par 5's that were playing dead into the wind. The first one I hit an ugly cut shot on a dogleg left hole, not exactly what I wanted. However my trusty F7 rescued me. Put a good swing on it and I found myself sitting 116 out, right back on schedule for how I wanted to play the hole. The F5 also came to play today, on a long par 5 I over cooked my drive into the left rough. With he recent rains the rough is very lush, in other words, the ball was buried. This scenario is perfect for the design of the Mashies, the taller face and rail system allows you to get down on the ball without fear of going under the ball or getting caught up in the grass. Nailed an easy draw down about 50 yards of the green, I would not have been able to do that with any other fairway wood.

Off the tee I've fallen in love with the F7. It is the perfect club on those shorter par 4's when you don't want to gamble with the hero shot. On back to back holes today I used it for just that purpose. The first was laser straight and split the fairway. The second I went after a little harder and was rewarded with a gentle draw to the end of the fairway, dead solid perfect.

It shouldn't be this easy, but thankfully it is.

Last edited:
That's great Danny.

I was having a wonderful range day with the F3, F5, and F7. As stated before I tend to hit the F5 and F7 a bit higher than the F3 and have been experimenting with the Black 3 wood as well. This continued today, as well. The F3 is really easy to hit and I was happy with the results I was getting. By choking down an inch I was able to get the ball up higher if I had too, probably along the same trajectory as the Black 3 wood. The F3 would be a great windy day club and I'll probably alternate between the 2. The F5 and F7 are going nowhere and I, in no way, miss a 3 hybrid.

Heck yes, Frank. I like hearing those kind of results. The F5 doesn't get as much use as the 7 for me, but realistically that number isn't one I see very often unless it's off the tee or I really miss a drive.

As much good as the M5 has brought to my game, I agree with you. The 5 and 7 are not moving out for anything.

Mashie FW's, I love you. I had the F5 and F7 in the bag today and used them multiple times. On the first whole I left my drive a bit short and hit my F7 190s for a GIR. Ended up parring. I really only had one bad shot with these clubs and it was a dead pull. Other than that I used them for a couple of par 5 layups and a couple of "get me back into play's" and they were just awesome. Long and straight from the fairway today, the rough, and the pine straw.

In my practice on Sunday I was hitting the F7 out of the sand traps and it was just amazing.

I couldn't be happier with these clubs.

After reading all the great comments on this thread, I ordered an F5 on ebay (great deal at less than $60 shipped) to check out. I can't wait for it to get here and give it a go.

After reading all the great comments on this thread, I ordered an F5 on ebay (great deal at less than $60 shipped) to check out. I can't wait for it to get here and give it a go.

The 5 wood is the gem of the set, congrats.

The F5/Miya-Blue may be the greatest club ever created for me. Seriously. I freaking killed this club today, I love it so.

The TF3 was an animal off the tee on shots directly into the 30MPH wind as well.

I love these clubs. LOVE.

The Mashie bunker shot is one I'm never scared to take. The F7 was great for that on our first hole. A short-ish drive slightly right puts you into a fairway bunker with about 350 to the green (long par 5). I used the F7 almost every time I was in that bunker when I had it.

The Mashie bunker shot is one I'm never scared to take. The F7 was great for that on our first hole. A short-ish drive slightly right puts you into a fairway bunker with about 350 to the green (long par 5). I used the F7 almost every time I was in that bunker when I had it.

Hmm I haven't attempted this with the f7, might have to give it a shot

I played that shot today with the F5! About 275 left and I played the F5 out of the fairway trap to about 65. Its was fan-freaking-tastic.

Yepper. I always used the hybrids for the same shot, so it's an easy transition. They launch high enough as long as there isn't some big lip in front of me.

The F5 is beastly, Jman

Yepper. I always used the hybrids for the same shot, so it's an easy transition. They launch high enough as long as there isn't some big lip in front of me.

The F5 is such a beast for me. So easy to hit off the deck it amazes me every single time. If I didn't adore my i20 hybo, I'd be getting the F7.

The F5 is such a beast for me. So easy to hit off the deck it amazes me every single time. If I didn't adore my i20 hybo, I'd be getting the F7.

It's worth it man, love mine.

I want an F5 so bad, but it's really getting late in the year to bother with it.

I want an F5 so bad, but it's really getting late in the year to bother with it.

It might be the favorite club in all my bag for me right now. Which is crazy to me, I've always HATED fairway woods.

Hmmm. Seeing some good prices on eBay. My birthday is a few days away. Maybe I'll get a few bucks to spend.

It might be the favorite club in all my bag for me right now. Which is crazy to me, I've always HATED fairway woods.

It's my favorite. I always smile when I get to f5 distance.

Hmmm. Seeing some good prices on eBay. My birthday is a few days away. Maybe I'll get a few bucks to spend.

A early bday hawkponder

I approve

DO IT! hehe

It's my favorite. I always smile when I get to f5 distance.

Me too, when I hit that number, its a big ole grin. It amazes me I'm that way too.

I'm gonna try to snipe the one ending this hour for cheap and send it to ya !

hahaha. Don't go doing that, Frank. My grandma still sends me a birthday check!

Do it Hawk. Agreed that the F5 is the gem of the set.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bought a F3+
they are going for 50-60 bucks shipped on ebay :)

Back