Cleveland Mashie Fairway Wood Review

SW: Hmm... You got me thinking because that was a while (and several hybrids) ago. I went back and checked and you are right. Maybe it's the head, or something with my swing but the ball flight was way different. My apologies. Post edited. Thanks for keeping me honest.

No worries, I wasn't calling you out bro.

Frank, ain't the best part about these fairways? Distance from any lie might be the truest marketing slogan ever. I went HAM on the F5 tonight, it hasn't got much love lately so I felt the need to go to work with. The F7 is just so reliable for me that the 5 doesn't get much use.

I am finally getting used to my F3, and thank heavens because I now have a club that I can hit off the fairway and get decent distance. I just didn't have the confidence that I would be able to do that with my big Bertha that it has been during it out with.

I have to get a Mashie 3 FW....I have read all the reviews and what you guys have to say. I have to get one!

I've been itching to try the Mashie's since they came out, but haven't had the chance yet. I checked them out at a store and I really liked the feel of the head, I do hope I get a chance to try them soon! I've been having issues with my current 3-wood and even though the problem truly might lie in my swing, I do believe the confidence a new club gives could be an improvement in results!

I've been itching to try the Mashie's since they came out, but haven't had the chance yet. I checked them out at a store and I really liked the feel of the head, I do hope I get a chance to try them soon! I've been having issues with my current 3-wood and even though the problem truly might lie in my swing, I do believe the confidence a new club gives could be an improvement in results!

I was in the same boat you are man. I was interested from all the reviews here but hesitant to pull the trigger. I got one after the STL Tour Van Stop and havent looked back since. The TF3 14* is so great off the tee, but I am the most surprised how easy it is to hit from the fairway too. I recently added an 18* F5 off Ebay, and am starting to like it too. I think I paid $40 for it on EBay. The shaft itself is worth more than that. Pull the trigger!

I was in the same boat you are man. I was interested from all the reviews here but hesitant to pull the trigger. I got one after the STL Tour Van Stop and havent looked back since. The TF3 14* is so great off the tee, but I am the most surprised how easy it is to hit from the fairway too. I recently added an 18* F5 off Ebay, and am starting to like it too. I think I paid $40 for it on EBay. The shaft itself is worth more than that. Pull the trigger!

$40 is stealing. You should be ashamed of yourself. Off to Ebay I go......

Ok Ok you guys talked me into spending more money lol. Just picked up a F3 15.5* for 29.99 slightly used with h/c. I recently retired my very old 3 wood because of my M2+,M4+ combo.
Maybe it will fill a gap, but at the price I really couldn't pass it up.

Love seeing all the deals out there for these clubs. Hope they work out for everyone as well as they have for the rest of us!

Hotled any update on your mashie F3?
I am curious to know if it works as well for you as the mashie hybrids have.

Love seeing all the deals out there for these clubs. Hope they work out for everyone as well as they have for the rest of us!

No kidding, $30 for a 3 wood is a great deal. I need to get back to using these clubs more, I was at one point hitting the 3W and 7W very solid, but as of late have seldomly used them, and when I do, it is UGLY

I haven't really had a lot of need for the F3 over the last month. Maybe once or twice a round. I don't use it off the tee much though.

I haven't really had a lot of need for the F3 over the last month. Maybe once or twice a round. I don't use it off the tee much though.

yeah, when I originally got it, I had no love for my driver so I was using it all the time. While I wasnt perfect with it, I hit more good shots than bad. Then finally got arond to start using driver so it seems any time I go to the 3W or even the 7W off the tee, my tempo gets all jacked up and I made a big mess.

I've been a little more careful about when I pull a 3 wood because it's not always the smart play for me. Even an easy one to hit can still result in a bigger miss than something like a hybrid. It helps that I'm hitting the driver a little better. It used to be an issue that I almost had to hit the F3 as my Par 5 layup shot to have a reasonable approach.

Hotled any update on your mashie F3?
I am curious to know if it works as well for you as the mashie hybrids have.

All I have had time for is taking it to the range, I will be playing a round Saturday if it's not a 30mph wind again.
So far on the range- it hits allot like my old 3 wood not much different other than sound and maybe 10-12 more yards.
My old MVP is offset and has guide rails as well. The shaft feels really nice in the FW3 though over my steel shaft. The launch is probably a tad lower as well.
Nothing magical at all like I was seeing with the hybrids but for the price still a decent upgrade.

No worries, I wasn't calling you out bro.

SW: I know you weren't, but I actually appreciated the correction. In all my dealings (in person, online, work, friends, strangers, etc.), I try and be as honest as possible. :bashful: I don't want to be spreading misinformation.

My swing has definitely changed (and unfortunately not for the better). I need to get it straightened out before I can really assess the F3.

Another enjoyable day with these FWs yesterday in my first time out in weeks. Was hitting my driver fairly well, so didn't hit them much. One that sticks out was #4. One of my three bad drives. Tried to kill it and ended up duffing into the forced carry on a par 4. After walking up to my drop, I only had 290 in. It was a fair amount uphill, so I grabbed my F7 figuring I'd be in good PW range. Absolutely striped it and was left with 85 in. Only bad shot was the dreaded topped 3W. That was all me though. Had 230 to reach a par 5 in two. Just can't get it into my head that I should just be smoothing the F3 out there to get that distance. Always try to kill it. Good miss though. Rolled a good ways and I hit a wedge in.

That sounds really familar, Jon. Topped one by virtue of trying to kill the ball as well. I wish I could figure out what makes me do that. I also left myself just fine for a recovery shot though.

I tried to change the way I tee off and used the F3 a couple times. Probably should have stuck to the driver lol. Haven't put nearly enough practice time in to go switching things up at this point in the season.

That sounds really familar, Jon. Topped one by virtue of trying to kill the ball as well. I wish I could figure out what makes me do that. I also left myself just fine for a recovery shot though.

I tried to change the way I tee off and used the F3 a couple times. Probably should have stuck to the driver lol. Haven't put nearly enough practice time in to go switching things up at this point in the season.

My big brain getting in the way. LOL. Yeah, the Classic was just working for me yesterday so I used it in places I would normally use the F3/F5 off the tee. Those days definitely make me question the need for 3 FWs... Unfortunately, those days aren't as frequent as I would like!

I don't know what I was thinking. I'm going to re-tool the lower end of my bag I think. I'm not really needing the F3 so much these days.

I don't know what I was thinking. I'm going to re-tool the lower end of my bag I think. I'm not really needing the F3 so much these days.

I'm not ready to do that yet, but will have to do something once the 60˚ RTX comes in. As much as I like my 4I, the F7 makes a great case to cover that range for me. Leaving the F3 for tight or short fairways and the occasional par 5 in two.

what are you thinking about replacing it with?

I think a little more loft would be better for me. Probably something like the F5 or another 5 wood (considering a bunch of new stuff will be coming out soon). I very rarely need a 3 wood and it's often in situations where I should probably be looking at other options, if you know what I mean.

would u consider the 7W or is that too close to the M3?

got ya. you're not worried about getting too close to the M3 though?

Back