Cleveland 588 RTX CB Wedges Review - Forum Testing

Forgive me for being dense, but are these the pre-release/ secret wedges that testers were chosen for? If not, I completely missed the sign up for these bad boys.

Cookie, great pics and initial thoughts. Great write up JonD. They look amazing and I like heavier wedges so I'm going to have to check these out. It would be tough to knock the J40's out of the bag at this point though.

Forgive me for being dense, but are these the pre-release/ secret wedges that testers were chosen for? If not, I completely missed the sign up for these bad boys.

Cookie, great pics and initial thoughts. Great write up JonD. They look amazing and I like heavier wedges so I'm going to have to check these out. It would be tough to knock the J40's out of the bag at this point though.

Yes they are.

Those wedges definitely look sharp in there Bogey. I guess if you only got to use it twice thats a good thing because that means you were hitting some GIRs!

Yeah, 2 over for the 9 holes, which is pretty good with punched greens. They are sharp looking.

Do they rip the cover off of balls?

I haven't hit any full wedge shots yet so I am not sure.

Played a quick 9 tonight and only used the 54* twice. So far I am liking the weight of these wedges. I snapped a quick pic.

DSCN9623.jpg

Holy gorgeous pic dude. Those are stunning!!

Love the pics, Cookie and Bogey. The customization is a cool little perk. Good luck with them guys.

Those are awesome cookie, I can't wait to get home and look for mine!!!

These will for sure be in play this week/weekend!!!

That looks much better than I thought it would. Intrigued by the cavity in the back and look forward to hearing how that helps on full shots and how it reacts on chips and pitches.

Thanks for the pics cookie. I'm a big fan of the black finish and the look of the face.

That wedge alone would make me want to be sponsored by Cleveland in the Morgan Cup. I am interested in hearing how these are for forgiveness, I love Cleveland wedges so I think one of these will be replacing my 54*.

Really interested in he ad to head with 588 forged . The look has grown on me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Played a quick 9 tonight and only used the 54* twice. So far I am liking the weight of these wedges. I snapped a quick pic.

DSCN9623.jpg

My original thought was underwhelmed, but in bag, they actually do look pretty sweet!

I need to hit these bad boys.

The bounce on these bad boys is a little high, no? 14* is usually medium bounce on a Cleveland wedge?

Driving for show and chutting for dough

The bounce on these bad boys is a little high, no? 14* is usually medium bounce on a Cleveland wedge?

Yeah will have to go with low bounce for sure, 14 is way to high for my liking.

14° is standard bounce for the 2-dot 56° in Cleveland wedges.

The bounce options are perfect for the courses I play, Ive never had any problems.

From what I can tell on Cleveland's website, the 588 Rotex will only come in the 2 dot option whereas the standard 588 comes in 1, 2, or 3 dots. Rotex specs below.

LOFTBOUNCELENGTHLIESWING
WEIGHT
DOTSANGLE
46°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
35.50"64.00°D3
48°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
35.50"64.00°D3
50°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
35.375"64.00°D4
52°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
10°35.375"64.00°D4
54°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
12°35.25"64.00°D6
56°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
14°35.25"64.00°D6
58°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
12°35.125"64.00°D6
60°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
12°35.125"64.00°D6

No luck yesterday with delivery. Hopefully today when I get home it will be there.

Like the look, enjoyed the CG14 because of the perimeter weight. The thing I enjoy most though, the shape of these. The thing that turned me away from the 588 was the straight bottom line, just enjoy the rounded shape too much.

From what I can tell on Cleveland's website, the 588 Rotex will only come in the 2 dot option whereas the standard 588 comes in 1, 2, or 3 dots. Rotex specs below.

LOFTBOUNCELENGTHLIESWING
WEIGHT
DOTSANGLE
46°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
35.50"64.00°D3
48°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
35.50"64.00°D3
50°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
35.375"64.00°D4
52°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
10°35.375"64.00°D4
54°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
12°35.25"64.00°D6
56°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
14°35.25"64.00°D6
58°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
12°35.125"64.00°D6
60°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
12°35.125"64.00°D6
Thanks for posting this up, Cookie.

I will admit to not being familiar with the standard line of 588 wedges, but does anyone else find it interesting that they offer this all the way down to a 46* loft? For most stand alone wedges, seems like you are looking at 50* being the lowest, and that is often bent from 52*.

46* as a PW replacement perhaps??

I will admit to not being familiar with the standard line of 588 wedges, but does anyone else find it interesting that they offer this all the way down to a 46* loft? For most stand alone wedges, seems like you are looking at 50* being the lowest, and that is often bent from 52*.

46* as a PW replacement perhaps??
I know Cleveland has offered those lofts for a while. And it could have a lot to do with lofts of irons being much stronger than they were a while back. Looking at the 588s, CG16s and CG Black wedges, you can pretty much find them all the way down to a 46*, I believe.

I know Cleveland has offered those lofts for a while. And it could have a lot to do with lofts of irons being much stronger than they were a while back. Looking at the 588s, CG16s and CG Black wedges, you can pretty much find them all the way down to a 46*, I believe.

Yep, just checked and you are absolutely right. I like that....a lot. Having those 2* increments from 46* to 60* makes it much easier to fit them into a bag without a ton of bending, etc.

Back