Cleveland 588 RTX CB Wedges Review - Forum Testing

Yep, just checked and you are absolutely right. I like that....a lot. Having those 2* increments from 46* to 60* makes it much easier to fit them into a bag without a ton of bending, etc.
With my Black Irons, I grabbed a CG16 wedge out of the Used bin at Golfsmith at 48*, it fits the gap nicely to the 52*

From what I can tell on Cleveland's website, the 588 Rotex will only come in the 2 dot option whereas the standard 588 comes in 1, 2, or 3 dots. Rotex specs below.

LOFTBOUNCELENGTHLIESWING
WEIGHT
DOTSANGLE
46°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
35.50"64.00°D3
48°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
35.50"64.00°D3
50°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
35.375"64.00°D4
52°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
10°35.375"64.00°D4
54°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
12°35.25"64.00°D6
56°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
14°35.25"64.00°D6
58°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
12°35.125"64.00°D6
60°
bounce_dot.jpg
bounce_dot.jpg
12°35.125"64.00°D6

I am a huuuuge fan of them offering 46/48/50 -- I hate that some wedges don't come in anything below 52.

Interesting that the swing weights change as you get to the higher lofted clubs.. A factor of shorter shafts maybe?

I am a huuuuge fan of them offering 46/48/50 -- I hate that some wedges don't come in anything below 52.

Interesting that the swing weights change as you get to the higher lofted clubs.. A factor of shorter shafts maybe?
Shorter shaft, same head weight. Perhaps?

No luck on delivery for me either yesterday. But today is a new day!

I like that they offer the lower lofts as well. Makes gapping easier. Especially with the lower lofted sets, like WE stated.

I'm currently pondering whether I should stick with my J40 50˚, go with the set GW, or grab an RTX to go with the set for testing.

Love the look at address of that wedge. Cavity doesn't look too big, and I have a feeling that thing can spin like a top.

No luck on delivery for me either yesterday. But today is a new day!

I like that they offer the lower lofts as well. Makes gapping easier. Especially with the lower lofted sets, like WE stated.

I'm currently pondering whether I should stick with my J40 50˚, go with the set GW, or grab an RTX to go with the set for testing.
Man I wish I could test something lol. I'd be tickled pink to test a damn towel or divot tool lol.

But as far as your pondering goes about the GW, I was thinking the same thing. Pick up a RTX 50 and bend it to a 51 to fill the gap between my PW and 54. Im thinking a 51*, 54*, and 58*. Or maybe just a 51* and a 58* so I can squeeze a 3W in the bag. I love these wedges! I'm a Titleist man and it took a lot for me to even look at another wedge. These and the SM4's are one of a kind!

Man I wish I could test something lol. I'd be tickled pink to test a damn towel or divot tool lol.

But as far as your pondering goes about the GW, I was thinking the same thing. Pick up a RTX 50 and bend it to a 51 to fill the gap between my PW and 54. Im thinking a 51*, 54*, and 58*. Or maybe just a 51* and a 58* so I can squeeze a 3W in the bag. I love these wedges! I'm a Titleist man and it took a lot for me to even look at another wedge. These and the SM4's are one of a kind!

Keep active and you'll get a chance!

Yeah, I've been gaming just two wedges lately. Thinking that I should stick with a 50˚ for now, and drop either my 4I or 3W for the 60˚ while testing. We'll see after this weekend after I get my yardages with the new irons worked out.

Stay active on THP. That is how people are chosen. Come on out to a THP Event, be an avid poster, there are lots of ways to get selected and it all comes back to activity level and supporting the community.

Keep active and you'll get a chance!

Yeah, I've been gaming just two wedges lately. Thinking that I should stick with a 50˚ for now, and drop either my 4I or 3W for the 60˚ while testing. We'll see after this weekend after I get my yardages with the new irons worked out.
Just my opinion, I'd drop your 7 wood for the testing. That i20 4i is a good club. Easy to hit. I'm sure you've thought about it, just putting in my .02

But as far as the 2 wedges thing goes, I'm thinking about doing it so I can add a strong 3 wood. I've always hit 52, 56, and 60 but lately I'm seeing I hardly use my 56. The only thing that scares me is the 52 is my 105 yd club and I feel there would be a huge empty gap for those 80-95 yd shots?

Just my opinion, I'd drop your 7 wood for the testing. That i20 4i is a good club. Easy to hit. I'm sure you've thought about it, just putting in my .02

But as far as the 2 wedges thing goes, I'm thinking about doing it so I can add a strong 3 wood. I've always hit 52, 56, and 60 but lately I'm seeing I hardly use my 56. The only thing that scares me is the 52 is my 105 yd club and I feel there would be a huge empty gap for those 80-95 yd shots?

I'm sure it is. I do love my F7 though... Will have to play it by ear and see what I get out of both. I've been playing with just a 50&56 lately and have had no issues. My 56˚ is a go to for me though, so I'll get some good info in here!

Stay active on THP. That is how people are chosen. Come on out to a THP Event, be an avid poster, there are lots of ways to get selected and it all comes back to activity level and supporting the community.
Thanks for the encouragement, JB. I would attend any event but I'm from a small town in UT. Do you guys ever have events around here? I look at all of you guys that are Forum Testers and it is so cool. The reviews and such just look and seem so much fun. And you guys do so much for us. I just want to be a part of that and feel like my review helped someone out ya know?

Thanks for the encouragement, JB. I would attend any event but I'm from a small town in UT. Do you guys ever have events around here? I look at all of you guys that are Forum Testers and it is so cool. The reviews and such just look and seem so much fun. And you guys do so much for us. I just want to be a part of that and feel like my review helped someone out ya know?

You could come to the Ultimate Weekend of Golf in Orlando if you are looking for an event.
As for reviewing, you do not have to get free stuff from THP to help others out. Have at it. Jump right in and support the community with reviews on anything you would like and have tried.

You could come to the Ultimate Weekend of Golf in Orlando if you are looking for an event.
As for reviewing, you do not have to get free stuff from THP to help others out. Have at it. Jump right in and support the community with reviews on anything you would like and have tried.
I know I can, and I do. But it just seems like everyone kind of pushes it off unless its an "Official Test Thread" ya know? And everyone listens to you guys. I just want that sometime ya know? It's not so much the "free equipment" as it is the chance to write a review that people will want to read. Like my opinion matters. But I'm done cluttering this wonderful thread with my "wanna test" garbage! LoL

Can't wait to get these wedges in my bag!

I've entirely avoided this thread until my wedge arrived. I didn't want any bias on looks or what have you, the 56* just arrived a few moments ago.

I'm impressed, the milling isn't as aggressive as I thought judging from the video and pictures but I can only imagine it goes a long way to adding friction, thus increasing spin. The design in the cavity is rather appealing as well, a complete change from the design of the CG14/16 style of CB wedge. I prefer this look over the rubber insert of the CG14 and the small pocket on the CG16. This model has a cleaner look to me which keeps it in line with the classic 588 design.

I will have some pictures up after I walk home and grab my camera and a wedge to compare.

I've entirely avoided this thread until my wedge arrived. I didn't want any bias on looks or what have you, the 56* just arrived a few moments ago.

I'm impressed, the milling isn't as aggressive as I thought judging from the video and pictures but I can only imagine it goes a long way to adding friction, thus increasing spin. The design in the cavity is rather appealing as well, a complete change from the design of the CG14/16 style of CB wedge. I prefer this look over the rubber insert of the CG14 and the small pocket on the CG16. This model has a cleaner look to me which keeps it in line with the classic 588 design.

I will have some pictures up after I walk home and grab my camera and a wedge to compare.

Im looking forward to those comparison pics. Thanks SW!

How does the weight feel SW? Compared to your 588's?

How does the weight feel SW? Compared to your 588's?

Giving it the old office waggle, not much different really. If anything I want to say it's lighter feeling, might not actually be lighter but it feels less hefty.

Giving it the old office waggle, not much different really. If anything I want to say it's lighter feeling, might not actually be lighter but it feels less hefty.
Kmac like! Better get your comparison pics up before I find mine and beat you to it, haha.

Kmac like! Better get your comparison pics up before I find mine and beat you to it, haha.
I dont care who takes 'em, I just want to see 'em.

For those comparing the weight of the standard 588 vs the 588 RTX, good info on the stock shafts:

588: True Temper Tour Concept Wedge Flex - 118 grams
588 RTX: True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex - 130 grams

For those comparing the weight of the standard 588 vs the 588 RTX, good info on the stock shafts:

hmm, the heavier shaft would be interesting for me, thanks for the info cookie

man that is getting pretty heavy. Good info though

Here are a few comparison pictures of the RTX 56* and the 2011 588 50*. As stated these are two different lofts so don't go reading a lot into the subtle differences. I will take some comparison pictures this weekend to a 56* for those who are curious.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Hmmm.... That is significantly heavier than the rest of my set.

Back