NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed Snider has been giving back to the community for youth hockey for years. i mean really giving back hes rebuilt like 10 -15 rinks i bet in the philadelphia area in past years and i know this year he is still giving back a ton already glad to see he didn't forget about that even with the lockout going on i hope the rest of the players and owners don't forget as well.

The Kings have done something similar around the LA area the past few seasons. They started a Rink Alliance where they support the youth programs, have player appearances at the rinks and do ticket promos. Both of the rinks I play at sent emails all season last year with good deals on tickets and that was even on weekends that are usually sold out.

It just sucks to see how much excitement there was in LA last year and I was hoping it would carry over to this year but I think they killed it.

Something's brewing here ... Sid and Mario to save the day?

Goodness I hope they can save the day.

Flyers fans would never hear the end of it from me.

YOU HEAR THAT BUCKJOB???

Something's brewing here ... Sid and Mario to save the day?

Where are you getting this from? Sid and 17 other players met with 6 owners and Mario was not included in the talks. Thats all this is 7 hours of talking 18 players and a fifth of the owners are not going to come up with a deal a lot more of the heavy hitters are going to be involved before a deal is made. Good ideas maybe, good enough for an agrement for 5 years in a CBA probably not.

I can't wait for the media and broadcasters to spin this as "SID SAVED HOCKEY!" when the season starts again. I am so looking forward to hearing that the entire season.

"Ya Bob, Ovechkin is playing great and averages PPG this season, but he didn't go in there, into the meetings and get us a new CBA like Sid did".

I can't wait for the media and broadcasters to spin this as "SID SAVED HOCKEY!" when the season starts again. I am so looking forward to hearing that the entire season.

"Ya Bob, Ovechkin is playing great and averages PPG this season, but he didn't go in there, into the meetings and get us a new CBA like Sid did".

Yep, I can hear it now. It sounds beautiful in my head (plus Sid will score more points).

Luckily there's a mute on my tv

Where are you getting this from? Sid and 17 other players met with 6 owners and Mario was not included in the talks. Thats all this is 7 hours of talking 18 players and a fifth of the owners are not going to come up with a deal a lot more of the heavy hitters are going to be involved before a deal is made. Good ideas maybe, good enough for an agrement for 5 years in a CBA probably not.

Owners said they wont take less than 7 year.

I'm not saying a deal will get done, but talking without the lawyers might lead to some things being agreed upon.

PA wants 5 years so owners can't (won't) lock them out due to the centennial season.

I hate that I'm letting myself get excited about the ongoing negotiations. I hate it.

TSN was saying that the biggest thing the players could do right now is agree to a max 5 year contract length and chances are the owners would then budge on a lot of other stuff in the players direction. Obviously that's them making assumptions based on different sources, but I wouldn't mind seeing the players agree to it.

imagesCA5SVD1X.jpg
Half empty on this one boy's. My optimism will start when the dotted line is signed.

Via [h=3]@TSNBobMcKenzie[/h]
"What the NHLPA will like about NHL offer: status quo on UFA and salary arbitration.

What NHLPA may not like about NHL proposal: $300M Make Whole, up from $211M offer, which more or less splits difference on NHLPA ask $393M.

What NHLPA definitely won't like about NHL offer: 5 year term limit on contracts (except 7 for own UFAs), 5% variance, 10 year term for CBA."

I just want to punch them all in the face repeatedly.

Guess no one else noticed the 10 year term that the NHL wants.....started at 5 did it not?

Guess no one else noticed the 10 year term that the NHL wants.....started at 5 did it not?

I don't think league has ever proposed a CBA shorter than 7-8 years.

I don't think league has ever proposed a CBA shorter than 7-8 years.

Thought the first proposal was 5 years by the NHL?

I could be completely wrong a and thinking of the PA's proposal, but thought the players first one was 3 years and the NHL was 5.

Thought the first proposal was 5 years by the NHL?

I could be completely wrong a and thinking of the PA's proposal, but thought the players first one was 3 years and the NHL was 5.

Did some googling and shortest I could find was 6. PA has offered 3 and 5. Maybe you're confusing this with the 5 year term limit on contracts?

Did some googling and shortest I could find was 6. PA has offered 3 and 5. Maybe you're confusing this with the 5 year term limit on contracts?

Think it must have been the PA's offer than I was confusing it with.

People watch hockey? haha. I'm an ignorant Texan

So NHLPA saying in their news conference that a lot of things have been resolved and still a couple of things left, but they believe there has been an agreement on dollars.

NHL has not made a statement yet though in response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back