NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Harding has been diagnosed with M.S. and plans to continue to play. I'm thinking some of his many injuries could be related to this.

What a tough person to play through that all.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

I went to a high school hockey game the other night.

Yep, I definitely miss hockey.

I did as well haha! Watching them all pile into the box was hilarious.

I actually bursted out laughing while at the library when they showed the white team with no room left in the box.

They always said that the Europeans were never physical enough on the ice. Starting them young now.

I actually bursted out laughing while at the library when they showed the white team with no room left in the box.

They always said that the Europeans were never physical enough on the ice. Starting them young now.

That was my immediate thought haha! They are tired of that speedy wuss stigma.

I'm not a fan of his, but I have a funny feeling he will flourish in Carolina with the Staals or with Skinner.

This probably isn't the right thread for this comment/question, but after watching that youth brawl video again, as a youth hockey coach, I'd be so embarrassed if my team pulled a stunt like that. I wonder with all the turmoil at the NHL level what the youth leagues will look like in the next few years. What changes will occur as some of the kids lose interest.

This probably isn't the right thread for this comment/question, but after watching that youth brawl video again, as a youth hockey coach, I'd be so embarrassed if my team pulled a stunt like that. I wonder with all the turmoil at the NHL level what the youth leagues will look like in the next few years. What changes will occur as some of the kids lose interest.

This has been talked about before during the last lockout, yet youth hockey grew in most areas almost every year since the last lockout. We can only hope that those numbers will continue to rise.

I'm not a fan of his, but I have a funny feeling he will flourish in Carolina with the Staals or with Skinner.

I hope he falls off the wagon. He's got an incredible amount of talent with next to zero heart for the game of hockey. It actually kind of disgusts me.

This has been talked about before during the last lockout, yet youth hockey grew in most areas almost every year since the last lockout. We can only hope that those numbers will continue to rise.

The numbers aren't the only thing I'm worried about, the support the NHL gives to youth hockey is certainly a role model that kids follow and I see videos like this and hope the entire sport of hockey can keep going in the right direction.

I'm starting to wonder when the timeline will be for a total loss of a season.. Gotta be getting close.

I'd say late January a CBA has to be in place for a February start & ~ 45 game season.

hockey should be banned from public television. just sayin.

Doesn't this have more to do with the grassroots work being done by/sponsored by franchises and organizations, than the actual NHL games being played? Take Dallas and Seth Jones as an example.

I'm no expert in this, but I think you should be wary of confusing the growth of hockey with the growth of the NHL. They're not necessarily related, although one might benefit the growth of the other.

Penguins owner Ron Burkle and Sid are getting involved in the NHL talks for the first time.

The numbers aren't the only thing I'm worried about, the support the NHL gives to youth hockey is certainly a role model that kids follow and I see videos like this and hope the entire sport of hockey can keep going in the right direction.

Ed Snider has been giving back to the community for youth hockey for years. i mean really giving back hes rebuilt like 10 -15 rinks i bet in the philadelphia area in past years and i know this year he is still giving back a ton already glad to see he didn't forget about that even with the lockout going on i hope the rest of the players and owners don't forget as well.

Doesn't this have more to do with the grassroots work being done by/sponsored by franchises and organizations, than the actual NHL games being played? Take Dallas and Seth Jones as an example.

I'm no expert in this, but I think you should be wary of confusing the growth of hockey with the growth of the NHL. They're not necessarily related, although one might benefit the growth of the other.

I was more trying to say that the correlation between the two is almost irrelevant when you look after the last lockout.

Ed Snider has been giving back to the community for youth hockey for years. i mean really giving back hes rebuilt like 10 -15 rinks i bet in the philadelphia area in past years and i know this year he is still giving back a ton already glad to see he didn't forget about that even with the lockout going on i hope the rest of the players and owners don't forget as well.

Agreed, those are the kinds of people hockey needs to continue to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back