NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really missing it especially since we gave up our share of season passes. Now I'm not sure I will attend a single game from now on. Both sides are to greedy.

I thought hockey would be playing by now. I can't say I'm surprised Betman is living up to his history and I don't think Fehr is willing to negotiate. It's sad I don't miss hockey

I honestly thought that as well, but now it seems like we won't have it for quite some time.

Im starting to get depressed, I cant see a mediator really helping. I havent turned to the ECHL yet but I think Saturday night I might have to take the hour drive to Ontario to see the Reign take on the Alaska Ace's. I know Kyle Clifford is on the roster now and Devin Setoguchi has been for a while. Hopefully it fills a little bit of the void.

We've got the OHL Erie Otters. It's a plus that we have 15 year old phenom Connor McDavid tearing it up. They say he's the next Crosby. Hopefully minus the concussion issues.

On my local sports radio today they were discussing an article in Forbes magazine regarding the "value" of some NHL franchises with Doug MacLean. In dead last were the St. Louis Blues (behind the Coyotes) and MacLean was saying how the Blues have not turned a profit in any single season since they joined the league in 1967. Ouch.

I listened to the same thing. The Blues are worth 135 million the Leafs are now at a billion. (insert Austin Powers joke)

We've got the OHL Erie Otters. It's a plus that we have 15 year old phenom Connor McDavid tearing it up. They say he's the next Crosby. Hopefully minus the concussion issues.

Think more John Tavares, not Crosby. Neverless, amazing young talent.

Are they joking with the price for the AHL Live package? I can watch all the games from all of the teams and archived games for only $399.99! Man, what a deal.

Are they joking with the price for the AHL Live package? I can watch all the games from all of the teams and archived games for only $399.99! Man, what a deal.

Prob could buy AHL season tix for that much lol

On my local sports radio today they were discussing an article in Forbes magazine regarding the "value" of some NHL franchises with Doug MacLean. In dead last were the St. Louis Blues (behind the Coyotes) and MacLean was saying how the Blues have not turned a profit in any single season since they joined the league in 1967. Ouch.

Sounds like they should lose their team IMO. I hate that teams don't turn profits and beg for help. A team that doesn't make money for 5 straight years, should be relocated.

Sounds like they should lose their team IMO. I hate that teams don't turn profits and beg for help. A team that doesn't make money for 5 straight years, should be relocated.
You could contract multiple teams from the NHL and it would be for the betterment of the sport!

Im starting to get depressed, I cant see a mediator really helping. I havent turned to the ECHL yet but I think Saturday night I might have to take the hour drive to Ontario to see the Reign take on the Alaska Ace's. I know Kyle Clifford is on the roster now and Devin Setoguchi has been for a while. Hopefully it fills a little bit of the void.

At least they have a sweet logo dude! BTW, nice to see you around here man!!

I'm so jealous that you get to watch OHL hockey.. I've got an ECHL team that is just full of mediocrity as my only real hockey option. Brutal.

I hear Dansk is looking solid out that way. Big time CBJ prospect netminder.

Source http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...oney-lockout-isn-t-going-162437118--nhl.html:

"There are six teams — the Nashville Predators, Florida Panthers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Phoenix Coyotes, NY Islanders and Atlanta Thrashers — that annually lost money from 2005-06 to 2010-11. The Carolina Hurricanes, St. Louis Blues and Buffalo Sabres lost money in five of six NHL season between '05-'06 to '10-'11."

As much as I agree Thain, might be hard to relocate almost 1/4th of the league.

Source http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...oney-lockout-isn-t-going-162437118--nhl.html:

"There are six teams — the Nashville Predators, Florida Panthers, Columbus Blue Jackets, Phoenix Coyotes, NY Islanders and Atlanta Thrashers — that annually lost money from 2005-06 to 2010-11. The Carolina Hurricanes, St. Louis Blues and Buffalo Sabres lost money in five of six NHL season between '05-'06 to '10-'11."

That just means the league is too big.

For the most part I agree. Though at least four teams could be relocated and survive just fine, but Bettman is about making hockey work in america.

For the most part I agree. Though at least four teams could be relocated and survive just fine, but Bettman is about making hockey work in america.

Which is admirable. He knows that dollars aren't the most important sometimes. Which is why he is hung on this CBA thing.

Imagine how fun it would be if they contracted all those teams and had a made for TV draft of all players on those teams. Don't reveal the draft order until the beginning of the show. How great would it be to see fewer teams that are all loaded with depth competing on a nightly basis. Wonder who would be the #1 pick from all those teams?

The Blue Jackets lost money because of the lack of an arena deal. With that in place until 2039, they are well poised.

I can't really speak to the others, but this just continues to prove how stupid raising the salary cap is.. Just because Toronto's revenue boosted x percent in 2012 doesn't mean the low end teams can cover that spread. It's such a stupid process. They need to get the cap back to around 50m.

Imagine how fun it would be if they contracted all those teams and had a made for TV draft of all players on those teams. Don't reveal the draft order until the beginning of the show. How great would it be to see fewer teams that are all loaded with depth competing on a nightly basis. Wonder who would be the #1 pick from all those teams?

Ryan miller. Pekka Rinne, John Tavares. Goalies would go quick.

Which is admirable. He knows that dollars aren't the most important sometimes. Which is why he is hung on this CBA thing.

Which is all about the owners trying to get the most money possible. Still not about the money.

You might consider it admirable, but I call it poor business and in the end the NHL is a business.

I listened to the same thing. The Blues are worth 135 million the Leafs are now at a billion. (insert Austin Powers joke)

Exactly, it's like NFL team values, no one can put a value on it until someone wants to buy it!

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Josh Harding has been diagnosed with M.S. and plans to continue to play. I'm thinking some of his many injuries could be related to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back