The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
trade down!
With who? The cost is too high and there is no franchise player out there in this years draft to make a trade worth it. If a Senior/Junior couldn't even win the Heisman over a Freshman what does that have to say about the talent out there to draft this year!! LOL:alien:

With who? The cost is too high and there is no franchise player out there in this years draft to make a trade worth it. If a Senior/Junior couldn't even win the Heisman over a Freshman what does that have to say about the talent out there to draft this year!! LOL:alien:

Someone has to really want it.. Im not sure anyone would give up enough for it

I would trade my entire draft this year and next for Jarvis Jones.

I have always had an opposite view of Andy compared to most, even when they were making their runs I had no faith in the man to get it done. I just feel he is one of those coaches that can only get your team so far and then you need to bring in someone to close the deal and win a Super Bowl. That window passed for teams that had a legit shot at winning a SB but onward to the future.

Its funny because in Tampa, we all knew that about Tony Dungy. Then he went and "managed" a Colts team and got his win.
FWIW, I did not think that Eagles team was as good as those Tampa teams, but they each got a shot at the dance.

This seems like a big assumption until after the combine, pro days, etc is over, isn't it? I can see one of 2 guys being worthy of trading up to the #1 spot for, and neither of them are QB's. And the cost is not as high as it used to be since the rookie draft scale is in place.

I don't think the Chiefs would take Jones so you are looking at a trade for #2. With Hali and Johnson I would think their needs lie elsewhere.

Its funny because in Tampa, we all knew that about Tony Dungy. Then he went and "managed" a Colts team and got his win.
FWIW, I did not think that Eagles team was as good as those Tampa teams, but they each got a shot at the dance.
You always wonder what Tony Dungy's legacy would be without Peyton Manning? Impossible question but he fell into the right situation after Tampa and it worked out great for him.

I don't think the Chiefs would take Jones so you are looking at a trade for #2. With Hali and Johnson I would think their needs lie elsewhere.

Jones isn't going pro...he doesn't meet the age requirement. Next year for him.

This seems like a big assumption until after the combine, pro days, etc is over, isn't it? I can see one of 2 guys being worthy of trading up to the #1 spot for, and neither of them are QB's. And the cost is not as high as it used to be since the rookie draft scale is in place.

I actually think that hurts teams trying to trade up. Since you don't have to spend as much on the #1 pick why not take the best player available and keep the pick. I would demand more for the pick because in the past when the #1 pick tied up so much money under your cap you wanted to get out of that spot if no one was there you liked, now they cost of #1-#20 is not as staggering as it was in the past. Look at the Skins last year, to move up to #2 it cost them a swap of #1's (2 and 6) two future #1's and #2. That's a lot to give up for one player unless you are absolutely sold that player is a franchise maker.

Jones isn't going pro...he doesn't meet the age requirement. Next year for him.
I have not seen that anywhere? Every mock has him coming out and going in the top 3. Source?

I wasnt saying the Chiefs, I was saying I would do that if I were another team. And Jones can be eligible but hasnt decided on whether to turn pro or not.

You always wonder what Tony Dungy's legacy would be without Peyton Manning? Impossible question but he fell into the right situation after Tampa and it worked out great for him.

Or any Coach that won? The fan's say its always because of 1 player. Manning didn't play defense or special teams and he didn't win every game. yes, he was a integral part, but no coach would have a legacy they had if it wasn't for their players.

Also, Dungy did bring a solid D with him when he went to Indy.. Maybe he was the reason for Manning's ring?

Just throwing it out there because too many times people want to give the players credit, not the coaches.

Or any Coach that won? The fan's say its always because of 1 player. Manning didn't play defense or special teams and he didn't win every game. yes, he was a integral part, but no coach would have a legacy they had if it wasn't for their players.

Also, Dungy did bring a solid D with him when he went to Indy.. Maybe he was the reason for Manning's ring?

Just throwing it out there because too many times people want to give the players credit, not the coaches.

Yes, but there's an old adage in coaching Jess.

It's not the X's and the O's, it's the Jimmies and the Joes.

I actually think that hurts teams trying to trade up. Since you don't have to spend as much on the #1 pick why not take the best player available and keep the pick. I would demand more for the pick because in the past when the #1 pick tied up so much money under your cap you wanted to get out of that spot if no one was there you liked, now they cost of #1-#20 is not as staggering as it was in the past. Look at the Skins last year, to move up to #2 it cost them a swap of #1's (2 and 6) two future #1's and #2. That's a lot to give up for one player unless you are absolutely sold that player is a franchise maker.
1. I don't think you have the trade details correct...too lazy to look it up.
2. one could argue that they over paid.

I have not seen that anywhere? Every mock has him coming out and going in the top 3. Source?
You're right....got my guys mixed up.

I wasnt saying the Chiefs, I was saying I would do that if I were another team. And Jones can be eligible but hasnt decided on whether to turn pro or not.
I know that, what I am saying is that you might not need to jump up to #1 unless you are sure the #2 team is taking Jones and you can't make a trade with them. Jacksonville will have a lot of power in this draft. If I were them I would stockpile picks/players and trade down. You never know, the team they trade with could end up with the #1 pick next year and then you can get Clowney!

1. I don't think you have the trade details correct...too lazy to look it up.

Redskins get No. 2 pick from Rams

Updated: March 12, 2012, 11:52 AM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

In a predraft blockbuster trade, the St. Louis Rams have agreed in principle to send the second overall pick in this year's draft to the Washington Redskins for three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick.
The trade, first reported by FoxSports.com, cannot be signed off on, turned in and processed until the new league year starts at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday, but it is expected to become official then.
"In order to execute each of our club's plans for free agency and the upcoming draft, we have agreed to a trade between our two teams for the 2nd pick in the 2012 draft. We will submit this trade to the NFL for approval," Redskins general manager Bruce Allen and Rams general manager Les Snead said in a combined statement Saturday morning.

Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff also confirmed the deal Saturday morning to The Associated Press.

In the deal, the Rams will receive the Redskins' No. 6 overall pick this year, as well as the Redskins' first-round picks in 2013 and 2014. The Rams also will receive Washington's second-round pick this year in return for the second overall pick that the Redskins now will use on whichever quarterback the Indianapolis Colts do not draft No. 1 overall.

Yes, but there's an old adage in coaching Jess.

It's not the X's and the O's, it's the Jimmies and the Joes.

Or as I like to quote my current favorite Packers Editor Vic Ketchman..

Players, not plays.

NFL.com is reporting Andy Reid to KC will be done if he can bring in Tom Heckert as GM. Philly sources say not true. Interesting to see how this turns out. Looks like Pioli may not survive to work with Andy.

Or as I like to quote my current favorite Packers Editor Vic Ketchman..

Players, not plays.
Bingo. And when you don't have the players or the players don't play, you get canned...believe me, I understand that one all too well.

Redskins get No. 2 pick from Rams

Updated: March 12, 2012, 11:52 AM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

In a predraft blockbuster trade, the St. Louis Rams have agreed in principle to send the second overall pick in this year's draft to the Washington Redskins for three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick.
The trade, first reported by FoxSports.com, cannot be signed off on, turned in and processed until the new league year starts at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday, but it is expected to become official then.
"In order to execute each of our club's plans for free agency and the upcoming draft, we have agreed to a trade between our two teams for the 2nd pick in the 2012 draft. We will submit this trade to the NFL for approval," Redskins general manager Bruce Allen and Rams general manager Les Snead said in a combined statement Saturday morning.

Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff also confirmed the deal Saturday morning to The Associated Press.

In the deal, the Rams will receive the Redskins' No. 6 overall pick this year, as well as the Redskins' first-round picks in 2013 and 2014. The Rams also will receive Washington's second-round pick this year in return for the second overall pick that the Redskins now will use on whichever quarterback the Indianapolis Colts do not draft No. 1 overall.

so only ONE second rounder...that is what I was thinking.

Reid is going to be upset when he realizes he signed with KC and not KFC

Reid is going to be upset when he realizes he signed with KC and not KFC

No way. KC has legit BBQ. He will be in heaven. Dude doesn't look like he misses a meal, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back