Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

This driver looks like an absolute beast! I can hear my golf balls crying for mercy already. A legit B.Asha as the stock shaft is nice, but I'm surprised it's not an option with the adjustable XL Custom.
Maybe I missed it reading the preview but are the XL and the Custom heads the same depth? In the pics the Custom looks a little shallower to me.

I want one.

I had great numbers in a demo day fitting last year with the Classic and the Tour Black and ended up buying the Black just because of the feel of the ball off the head. I kept it in play for a little while, but traded for a Ping G20 after a fitting with them showed better ball speed/spin and distance and a tighter dispersion. I have always liked Cleveland/Srixon drivers- a couple years ago I bought the Z-Star driver and had it in-play until the weights stripped and I couldn't get them out... The only dilemma here is what I've been reading on the B Asha. Sounds like it has shown to be better for most on here compared to the offer coming in the adjustable driver.

The wording of the reason for the shaft for adjustable drivers makes me wonder if Cleveland's adjustments won't take place in the sleeve like Callaway/Titleist etc, thus rotating the shaft is necessary for changes...

That 12* XL is calling my name.

Looking forward to hitting both of these in 2013. Lots of options there from a fitting standpoint.

Without pics in the thread or zoomable pics in the article, these previews haven't really been mobile friendly in terms of pictures.

TTing

Sorry about that. Just working with what I had available to me and zooming wasn't really a good option since the pictures pixelated. I did attempt it. We'll have in-hand pics very soon.

Is this not what comes up when looking at the home page?

u3u2ugab.jpg

With the deeper face, larger sweet spot and many shaft options this may just be the driver for everyone if they get properly fitted. I want to hit one very soon.

makes two of us

Sorry about that. Just working with what I had available to me and zooming wasn't really a good option since the pictures pixelated. I did attempt it. We'll have in-hand pics very soon.

Don't apologize dude. Def not necessary.

TTing

XL custom is like music to my ears!!!!!!!

I am buying one of these, no doubt about it. I have been waiting on more details about these and they look so sexy! Can't wait to get my hands on one!

I am buying one of these, no doubt about it. I have been waiting on more details about these and they look so sexy! Can't wait to get my hands on one!

I think this is gonna be awesome. I cant wait to learn more about the customization.

Few pictures from Golf magazine:

8910C797-CFF1-4402-AA0C-8BC1D8B202A1-14176-0000069565E8EA03.jpg

CC96B5B4-31EA-4505-8E3B-78418287EAD3-14176-000006956A271D42.jpg

Um, yes please! I want this! Looks like a beast and comes stock with the B. Asha? Amazing!

I can't help but wish they kept with the same color scheme of the previous classic which to me looks more well classic. Other than that....WOW! I had heard rumblings of a possible adjustable offering but didn't see anything concrete until now. These drivers are sure to be bombers and I cannot wait to check them out in person!

I can't help but wish they kept with the same color scheme of the previous classic which to me looks more well classic. Other than that....WOW! I had heard rumblings of a possible adjustable offering but didn't see anything concrete until now. These drivers are sure to be bombers and I cannot wait to check them out in person!

How cool would it be if you could customize the color?

I am playing every customizeable scenario in my head. hahaa

I like the move to the black personally.

I loved the retro styling of the 2012, but I also expected a change. I will say, all black head and face with the bronze still on it would have been SICK. But, these are pretty dang bar arse looking as is. Looking forward to hitting these come May as I was a Classic gamer last year for a good part of it.

I think the black looks lice, but the reason the Classic stood out on the shelves to me was because of the different look. I bet this thing looks really good in person.

Are the shaft options on the XL Custom correct? Are there 2 different weight options for the JDL 6?

"Available in four different premium shafts: Miyazaki JDL 6 (mid launch), Miyazaki JDL 6 (lightweight, mid launch), "

From the Golf Magazine snippet, it does look like this is a misprint. Fubuki Tour 53, JDL mid, and Ozik Black are the stock shaft options.

I saw this in my Golf Magazine yesterday and it got me very excited. The B Asha come standard in the XL? Yes please. I can't wait to try these out.

JB, you have any insight into the custom driver?

JB, you have any insight into the custom driver?

Not much more than has been written. Should have some in hand feedback very soon though.

Love it. I liked the looks of last years classic alot

I have the 2012 Classic and absolutely love the look. That throwback persimmon like paint scheme is amazing. I will be honest and say it is a little sad they didn't keep that or something similar. I would have loved to see the gold stay on the center of the face with a deep navy blue on the crown! The all black while it looks sharp doesn't make it stand out from the crowd as the current paint job did. With that out of the way, seeing the adjustability of 12 different settings in the XL custom, this is a big improvement for the Classic line in 2013. There are several high quality shaft options available as well. I was a little surprised to see a 7.5* option in the custom, don't know what kind of demand that will get from the masses, but I am sure the top level drivers will appreciate this. Having the current Classic I will definitely want to hit this new XL Custom and see how it compares. Look forward to seeing feedback on here when THP'ers have the chance to get this in their hands.

Back