Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a full preview of the 2 new drivers coming from Cleveland Golf called the Classic XL and the Classic XL Custom. Check it out here.

http://bit.ly/Xpzf5v

Cleveland Classic XL In Hand Pics (Custom Coming Soon)

i-QkZRbx4-L.jpg

i-9kGWZBk-L.jpg

i-SLnLstv-L.jpg

i-mQZFRBN-L.jpg

i-SBS4XCk-L.jpg

i-TtC73dQ-L.jpg

i-GShj2vP-L.jpg

i-TvPbpFr-L.jpg

Last edited:
I've been waiting for these details to become official for a while, looking forward to pouring over every detail.

Cleveland comes out with an adjustable driver. I think a lot of people are going to look that little addition this year.

Wow, these look downright amazing! Having experienced the pleasure of playing the B Asha shaft and then seeing what is available with the Custom it is obvious that a proper fitting is a must considering the shaft options available in the XL Custom (which are very very impressive).

Excited to see Cleveland entering the adjustable driver market and definitely curious to hear how these perform!

I will be really interested to see how available these tips are for shaft testing/swapping.

The Classic XL looks really nice. I'm pretty amazed that the B Asha is the standard shaft.

i would have liked for Cleveland to stick with the older paint scheme instead of the matte finish that other club makers are using. The throwback style of the Classic really set it apart. With that said, I am very interesting in seeing one in person.

Very cool. I can't wait to see more information on these. The adjustable options are a great addition.

The Classic XL looks really nice. I'm pretty amazed that the B Asha is the standard shaft.

i would have liked for Cleveland to stick with the older paint scheme instead of the matte finish that other club makers are using. The throwback style of the Classic really set it apart. With that said, I am very interesting in seeing one in person.

I prefer the look of last year's as well. It caught my eye and attention immediately. That being said, I'm interested in performance, and the color scheme may grow on me.

That Classic looks awesome, I fell in love with the old model late last year and definitely wont hesitate to try these out much earlier this year. Max forgiveness and adjustability, yes please!

The old look did set it apart, but I can't deny I love the matte black finish. And the B. Asha is probably the best shaft I've ever swung. An even bigger face too? I'm going to mash this thing!

Are the shaft options on the XL Custom correct? Are there 2 different weight options for the JDL 6?

"Available in four different premium shafts: Miyazaki JDL 6 (mid launch), Miyazaki JDL 6 (lightweight, mid launch), "

I would have thought that I would automatically preferred the adjustable option but after having success with the B Asha shaft I have to immediately question that.

I know that the JDL shaft has a special spine that is designed for adjustable drivers so there is definitely a method to the madness and I need to spend some time with it as well.

With the deeper face, larger sweet spot and many shaft options this may just be the driver for everyone if they get properly fitted. I want to hit one very soon.

I've wanted to see this driver for the past year. I must admit it came out better than I expected. It looks like an absolute beast. Can't wait to hit it.

I disagree, I was one of the few who hated the maroon/brass look, but I do love the black matte finish.

Wow those are some great looking drivers. Love that Cleveland went with the adjustable in the custom.

And the B. Asha as a stock offering? Man that is insane. There are gonna be a lot of happy consumers out there that pick these drivers up. And I know 8 Cleveland staffers are gonna be even more excited!

The matte black with the brass highlights actually appeals to me more than the persimmon/brass. The choices with the XL custom might eventually break the hold TM has on my bag.

I can't wait to wrap my hands around rid driver. Holy amazing. Can't stop smiling right now. Getting fitted will be HUGE!

As Freddie stated - beast. I really like the black. Very sleek

Classic XL STOCK with B.Asha. Holy $!#@!! Well done Cleveland!

Tapping away on my S3

Classic XL STOCK with B.Asha. Holy $!#@!! Well done Cleveland!

Tapping away on my S3

Wow! I missed that ! That is excellent

Yes. That is what I have been waiting for. Beautiful.

Both have me intrigued, the stock looks black and sleek like what I am used to, but the options the adjustable driver brings just opens the door to so many things. Can't wait to see more.

I think part of the allure of the Classic was the classic paint job. This just becomes another black club to me. With that said, you can't deny the head design and fantastic stock shaft offerings. Can't wait to hit this thing for sure.

Looks great and glad they stayed with the Miya shafts.

B. Asha stock shaft? Yes please!

Back