Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

I absolutely love the feel of mine but dont like how my distance isnt that great. but I am hitting it straighter than I ever have with anything else. Feels like I am crushing it...but barely gets over 260.... Im 6'3" 300lbs... used to smash my Tony Penna 3 wood 275 in high school lol

I missed this thing, too! I missed it so much that I bought a new one! I played a 10.5* in 2013 and hit tons of fairways. I sold it to a friend so that I could try and get a few extra yards out of some other hot drivers at the time (SLDR being one of them). I'm now back in business with this thing, now at 9*, and ready to see lower scores again.

I may potentially cut it down to 44", does anyone know if Cleveland still has the weight kit for this head?

Not sure about Cleveland having the weights. What shaft do you have in your "new" classic XL custom driver?
If you are going to cut a full 1" off I'm not sure you would be able to get it back up to sw with just the weight of the screw. This is a great driver.

Massive bump, but worth it.

So, thanks to my brother Canadan, I put one of these in the hands of my 3 bag on the HS team. He'd been playing the 355 driver and we were seeing good distance for him but he's a crazy positive AoA kid and was in the 16 degree range of LA and spin in the mid 3k range. This, down to 12.7 and 2430 Avg in spin which at 113 SS has unlocked some silly distance.

Still a fantastic driver head.

Funny enough my step dad came over this weekend and returned my W/S M3 driver he had been gaming and said he put the Classic XL back in his bag.

Solid driver,thinking of adding one back in the bag. My z545 is on fire but always time for an old friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back