Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

It's certainly safe to say until we have final details about customization / shaft upgrades etc that no one will be able to make a final decision

Don't get me wrong, I'll give that Custom a good look too. I think it's the more attractive driver aesthetically. I just have a good idea with what I'm looking for and that would be a good place for me to start since I like the shaft. Don't really have experience with the four others.

Just got an email from tgw.com advertising these. I was a bit surprised to see that with the Classic XL at 12* the only shaft flexes available were regular and senior. With all of the higher loft talk, I would have liked to also seen stiff flex available.

Just got an email from tgw.com advertising these. I was a bit surprised to see that with the Classic XL at 12* the only shaft flexes available were regular and senior. With all of the higher loft talk, I would have liked to also seen stiff flex available.
Odd that they dont offer Stiff.

Odd that they dont offer Stiff.

That possible misnomer that only slower swing speed players need additional loft?? My only guess....

That is pretty odd. Huh.

That possible misnomer that only slower swing speed players need additional loft?? My only guess....

Possibly. I am sure it could be ordered from Cleveland directly with a different flex profile however.

Possibly. I am sure it could be ordered from Cleveland directly with a different flex profile however.

I figured it could but it sure would be much more convenient for it not to be a custom order.

Lose the ability to try it in a store and then also can't catch it on one of the sales through a normal retailer, etc.

that's a pretty baller looking driver.

1st post updated with in hand pictures.

Holy crap those in hand photos are gorgeous! I'm buying one of these as soon as they come out just for the b asha shaft!

Hot damn that looks good.

Man that crown looks super clean.

Is that the exact same B. Asha as the aftermarket one with a different paint scheme? Or is it slightly different?

They look even more amazing in hand. I'm really glad they kept the headcover the same, it really keeps them to the retro feel!

Is that the exact same B. Asha as the aftermarket one with a different paint scheme? Or is it slightly different?

From what we learned on the THP Radio Show a few months back, it is the same.

i love the new in hand pics

Looking down at this at address reminds me of the CG Black, similar paint on the top. Instant confidence!

That was a great radio show too. I remember there was a LOT of talk on here about that aspect of it.

Very cool. I like the new paint too. I definitely want to hit this.

LOVE the in hand pics. As Jman said, super clean. It'll have to do a lot to knock my Classic out of the bag...but I think it just might.

Aweome in hand pics! Love the look from the side where the "285" is. And that face looks DEEEP!

Tapping away on my S3

The black looks sweet. Cleveland is stepping up.

Head shape almost looks a little more traditional from the top.

The in hand pics sure are nice.

1st post updated with in hand pictures.

Wow that thing is a beauty, thanks for the in hand pictures I can't wait for the cleveland demo day (or testing) to get my hands dirty with this thing!

Back