TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Fairway Wood Review

I took a few swings with the RBZ2 3W (15*) this evening at Golfsmith. Wow -- is this club hot.

I remember having the same "aha" moment when I first hit the RBZ. The ball just seems to leap off of the club face. It is hard to describe how solid the club feels at impact. Just a ridiculously nice, firm feel.

I also really liked the graphics on the crown and the matted, white finish of the club head. Very nice look at address.

I though the graphics blended right in to the head you don't even notice them after a few swings

In the bag now!!
Went and hit a couple of versions and settled on the 3W with stiff shaft. Noticably longer than my current (old) 3W and nice and straight.
Not distracted by the graphics at all, in fact found them good for alignment.

Just want the rain to stop and allow the courses to open up, mist round here seem to be closed. Mora range time I guess.

Now that is that, I must stop buying golf clubs for a little while, entire bag refreshed plus additional wedge! Oh and I picked up some new shoes too while I was there!

So i hit all three 3 woods today at the range the stage 2 is great off the deck and off the tee for me the the rbz was great off the tee but lacking from the deck the R11 i was good off the deck and tee but was heavy i don't like the swing weight. The stage 2 was a good blend of both great balance and feel easy to hit off the deck and tee i was 10 yards longer of the deck than r11 and 5 yards longer than my tour spoon off the tee

Good stuff dude! I like what I'm hearing.

So i hit all three 3 woods today at the range the stage 2 is great off the deck and off the tee for me the the rbz was great off the tee but lacking from the deck the R11 i was good off the deck and tee but was heavy i don't like the swing weight. The stage 2 was a good blend of both great balance and feel easy to hit off the deck and tee i was 10 yards longer of the deck than r11 and 5 yards longer than my tour spoon off the tee

I hit the R11 better off the deck as well vs the RBZ. Sounds like the Stage 2 could be a winner.

Oh UPS man, please get to my house at the same time I get off work, instead of taking until 8pm when you have something for me.

The graphics on the top of this are growing on me.

The graphics on the top of this are growing on me.
Try hitting one, you really do not notice them apart from using them to align.

A few months ago I swore I would not have a white headed club in my bag, but I got the RBZ Hybrid.
Then I didnt want crazy artwork on my clubs, now I have one of these!!!

At the end of the day it is about performance, and boy do these work!

Anyone have any comparisons to xhot fairway?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Might have some THP'ers interested in the early thoughts from Jake on this one.

Anyone have any comparisons to xhot fairway?

Not personal experience, but the guy I was spiltting time with on the launch monitor today was getting all new clubs. Ended up with the Xhot irons, Razr Fit extreme driver. He then asked the Rep for a 3 wood.

He tried out the xhot 3 wood and the Fit xtreme 3 wood, both gave him around 220-225 carry (he was carrying the driver about 250). I then asked him if he had tried the RBZ 3 wood. He said no, to the rep handed him the Stage 2 RBZ Tour 3.

After his first swing, his face lit up. He was carrying it 240-245 consistently. Just 5 yards shorter than his new driver. Needless to say, he bought it on the spot!

Not personal experience, but the guy I was spiltting time with on the launch monitor today was getting all new clubs. Ended up with the Xhot irons, Razr Fit extreme driver. He then asked the Rep for a 3 wood.

He tried out the xhot 3 wood and the Fit xtreme 3 wood, both gave him around 220-225 carry (he was carrying the driver about 250). I then asked him if he had tried the RBZ 3 wood. He said no, to the rep handed him the Stage 2 RBZ Tour 3.

After his first swing, his face lit up. He was carrying it 240-245 consistently. Just 5 yards shorter than his new driver. Needless to say, he bought it on the spot!

Pretty impressive, although not sure that's ideal gapping. Definitely debating between these two.

Pretty impressive, although not sure that's ideal gapping. Definitely debating between these two.

Forgot to mention that those 3 wood numbers were all off the deck.

I have never hit the original RBZ fw but I do have a RBZ hybo. Is the "spring effect" off the face similar to the feeling of the hybrid?

I really like my hybrid because I know I can get consistent, long yardage out of it with a normal swing but I can also choke down a little and take a 3/4 swing to also get a repeatable shorter yardage.

Is any of this consistent with the Stage 2?

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

I have never hit the original RBZ fw but I do have a RBZ hybo. Is the "spring effect" off the face similar to the feeling of the hybrid?

I really like my hybrid because I know I can get consistent, long yardage out of it with a normal swing but I can also choke down a little and take a 3/4 swing to also get a repeatable shorter yardage.

Is any of this consistent with the Stage 2?

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

Can't speak completely to the Stage 2, but I have both the Tour 3 fairway and Tour 3 Hyrid. Two of my favorite clubs I've ever hit. Both are explosive off of the face and really easy to hit off the deck.

If you love your hybrid, you will love the fairway wood (my guess is you'd prefer the Tour version - same price, just lower profile and easier to hit off the deck)

Sounds pretty good off the deck boys! That would be my main priority as I can't hit a consistent shot off the deck with a 3 - wood to save my life. It's got to be a mental thing with me.

I hit my R11 ti 240-250 off the deck yesterday the tour 3 was 255-265 off the deck only about 15-20 yards short of my drives

Might have some THP'ers interested in the early thoughts from Jake on this one.
Agreed, what an amazing new testing opportunity, this thread is going to fill up!!!

I only got to hit it off the ground because the sim doesn't have a good tee for FMs, but this performed exactly the same as the original with a new paint job for me.

Hit this today and loved it. Has alot more punch then the original RBZ but feels practically the same. Got the right Rocketfuel shaft for me on it (80X thanks to PGA SS) and was carrying 265 off the deck. Mammoth.

Dude 265 off of the deck? I hate you. :alien:

Hit this today and loved it. Has alot more punch then the original RBZ but feels practically the same. Got the right Rocketfuel shaft for me on it (80X thanks to PGA SS) and was carrying 265 off the deck. Mammoth.

You buy it?

Just caught up on this from earlier in the day, and I am LOVING some of the things being said. Sounds like they took a fantastic RBZ offering and managed to make it even better. I can't wait to hit this club, I really need a new age 3 wood I can love.

Have to agree with you, had to put it down quickly!

Back