TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Fairway Wood Review

i just can't believe how stupid easy it is to hit of the deck the launch is nice and high too

Hit this today and loved it. Has alot more punch then the original RBZ but feels practically the same. Got the right Rocketfuel shaft for me on it (80X thanks to PGA SS) and was carrying 265 off the deck. Mammoth.

JT, what shaft do you normally play (driver or 3 wood)? I am just looking for a baseline to give myself a mental fit of the Rocketfuel 80X. I need a heavy shaft in my woods, and with a 120+ driver SS I am weary of how the stock shaft would hold up.

JT, what shaft do you normally play (driver or 3 wood)? I am just looking for a baseline to give myself a mental fit of the Rocketfuel 80X. I need a heavy shaft in my woods, and with a 120+ driver SS I am weary of how the stock shaft would hold up.

I play a Diamana 'ahina 72X in my Driver and is perfectly fit for me. My current FW shaft was not fitted for me. I just guessed on the 80X when he asked me what shaft I wanted and it was perfect.

I play a Diamana 'ahina 72X in my Driver and is perfectly fit for me. My current FW shaft was not fitted for me. I just guessed on the 80X when he asked me what shaft I wanted and it was perfect.

Right on, thanks dude. I currently have the Blueboard 73x in my driver, so we are pretty close I think (can't remember the specs exactly but I don't think they are too far off). 'Preciate the response...I need to hit this thing, stat. Basically every review I have read on it makes it sound like I could love the hell out of it, I'm excited to give it a shot.

Keep in mind JT that your shaft was fitted for you and your driver head, change the head and the shaft may not still be perfect.

TTing

Right on, thanks dude. I currently have the Blueboard 73x in my driver, so we are pretty close I think (can't remember the specs exactly but I don't think they are too far off). 'Preciate the response...I need to hit this thing, stat. Basically every review I have read on it makes it sound like I could love the hell out of it, I'm excited to give it a shot.

Well, the only difference between you and I is that you swing 120+ and I swing a solid 115. Haha

Keep in mind JT that your shaft was fitted for you and your driver head, change the head and the shaft may not still be perfect.

TTing

Er. When it comes to smash factor, I believe it's mostly due to the shaft and how you hit it on the face. I've hit my current shaft with 3 different clubheads and got the exact same smash. Different numbers though b/c of spin.

i just can't believe how stupid easy it is to hit of the deck the launch is nice and high too
This excites me! That is where my bag is lacking. I'm not a long hitter so I need something long and straight off the deck.

All smash is, is a ballspeed to clubhead speed ratio

TTing

But different shafts gives you different smashes. Whatever, I'm just hoping the Classic Black clubhead is very comparable to the D3 head. I need it to be an easy transition. I don't want to spend time guessing with shafts. It took me wayyy too long to find this perfect combo.

But different shafts gives you different smashes. Whatever, I'm just hoping the Classic Black clubhead is very comparable to the D3 head. I need it to be an easy transition. I don't want to spend time guessing with shafts. It took me wayyy too long to find this perfect combo.

You can easily hit 1.5 with any head shaft combo, it's the rest of the numbers that determine ball flight

TTing

You can easily hit 1.5 with any head shaft combo, it's the rest of the numbers that determine ball flight

TTing

It's not as easy as you think it is.

Hit this today and loved it. Has alot more punch then the original RBZ but feels practically the same. Got the right Rocketfuel shaft for me on it (80X thanks to PGA SS) and was carrying 265 off the deck. Mammoth.

That is unreal. So damn long.

I've never posted while on the course before, but I just hit my RBZ2 3w for the first time. Whoa. Get one.

It's not as easy as you think it is.

Club speed and ball speed ratio. You can get a 1.5 with any club, it just depends if you can catch the center of the face or not

I've never posted while on the course before, but I just hit my RBZ2 3w for the first time. Whoa. Get one.

haha, love this post. I am double jealous...1) because you're golfing while it's snowing and 15° here and 2) because you've got the 3 wood I have my eye on. Post up some thoughts after the round man.

I'm happy if I hit my driver this far. This club is unreal. I mean, I don't know what else to say.

CSriV.jpg

Dayumn that is some distance. I'll need to give this one a hit soon at the local shop.

Greg, that is damn impressive man. You're making me even more excited to get a chance to hit one of these. Heck of a tee ball there.

I'm happy if I hit my driver this far. This club is unreal. I mean, I don't know what else to say.

CSriV.jpg

You hit the ball a long ways when you get it, this is awesome dude!

I will be doing a homepage review on the new TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 FW. This bomber arrived at my door step yesterday and I'll be starting testing on it very soon. Initial thoughts upon unboxing- the first thing that immediately popped in my mind was "mini-driver". It's bigger and a little longer than your typical 3 wood. I'll get some hard specs on the size real soon. The other thing that I thinkn of is that I like the look, the graphic on the crown isn't going to bother me in the least, I can already tell you that.

The fw I'll be reviewing is a 15* 3 wood with the stock "RocketFuel" 60 gram shaft in stiff flex.

Here are some pictures:

20130106_144800.jpg

20130106_144854.jpg

20130106_144935.jpg

20130106_145013.jpg

20130106_145045.jpg

20130106_145101.jpg

20130106_145153.jpg

20130106_145258.jpg

For those of you keeping track at home- I'm also doing the review on the Adams Super S fw, to say I'm excited to compare these 2 3 woods side by side is an understatement. More info very soon!

I really like the graphics on these, they just look sharp. I like the fact that it's not adjustable too, takes a lot of decision making out of the equation.

This bad boy sure looks awesome. I need to get into a store and give them a swing. Sure like that they have the HL version in both the standard and Tour version. I really want to compare this with my current gamer.

I love what taylor made had done in the last few years . I'm curious to see how this stacks against the previous few models along with the recents adams fw.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

Back