TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Fairway Wood Review

Just got an email from THP HQ that my RBZ Stage 2 is on its way and I'll be able to start my testing soon. Very excited to see what this club brings to the table for me.

Just got an email from THP HQ that my RBZ Stage 2 is on its way and I'll be able to start my testing soon. Very excited to see what this club brings to the table for me.

Same here Jeff! I already put it in the HHJJ thread. I am so pumped to get started and I have a 3 day weekend coming up. We are gonna rock this testing man.

Same here Jeff! I already put it in the HHJJ thread. I am so pumped to get started and I have a 3 day weekend coming up. We are gonna rock this testing man.

Yes we are, dude. Congrats again on your first testing.

Yes we are, dude. Congrats again on your first testing.

Thanks man. I am really excited and honored to be selected to do this testing. Can't wait!

Can't wait to hear reviews on this one...As much as I hate the stuff on the top I really like the look of it. For some reason it just looks better than the prior rbz.

Home page review is up.

I just replaced my Ping G15 3W with the RBZ Stage2 Tour 14.5* 3 Wood. Man, was this the best move ever. Today I used it twice and hit 245 yards perfectly straight both times. The first shot was my 2nd shot into a par 5 green, which I hit, but rolled ~5 ft off the green. The second was off the tee on a tight par 4 fairway and left me 100 yards into the green. I love the feel of the club. When it's in my hands, it feels like a baby R11S (my driver).

Had some ball striking issues overall today but man does this thing go when you hit it on the screws. I had a couple shots that I intended to be layups, which ended up rolling through the fairway. Still working on my game off the tee but I am really loving this club. Distance is awesome and even my misses were playable today.

Hit this club yesterday and was dropping bombs. I was out hitting my current driver off the deck and tee. The face is hot and easy to hit.

20151014_155959_zpsadszwu7h.jpg

20151014_155921_zpspy0vlpmt.jpg

I painted the silver stripe.

Great to see someone else still using them. My wife has the RBZ Stage 2 driver and 3wood and I still have my 3wood and 3hybrid. Such great clubs. Putting a thicker grip on it made all the difference to the club.

I have this fairway in the Tour TS 13* head and I have reshafted it with a RIP Alpha X stiff. Turning down the loft to around 11-12* has opened up the face and it is for tee use only. But it performs magnificently off the tee, on many occasions I have used it on tight holes and been surprised at how accurate it is. Only complaint is that it can be too long when the good swing is working that day. Some very long tee shots with this club.

Back