TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Fairway Wood Review

Looked at this in hand today and was impressed. Didn't get to hit it but I actually really liked the look at address. I actually really liked the graphics too, which surprised me big time.

I'm happy if I hit my driver this far. This club is unreal. I mean, I don't know what else to say.

CSriV.jpg

277 3-wood? NICE!

277 3-wood? NICE!
I'll say! A 277 yard 3 wood is serious business!

I love the look of this club in hand, and the graphics are nicer than the stark white of the previous RBZ IMO.

277 3-wood? NICE!

More importantly, when did they put water short left at 12? That definitely wasn't there during my time or as late as 08

My longest drive of the day with my driver was 292. More often than not I consider 277 a really good hit with the driver, nevermind the 3 wood!!

Looked at this in hand today and was impressed. Didn't get to hit it but I actually really liked the look at address. I actually really liked the graphics too, which surprised me big time.

I'm with ya on that WCBM. While I am not 100% into the R1 graphics (they are growing on me), I think the graphics on these beasts look very nice. Yellow/grey is an awesome color combo IMO.

My longest drive of the day with my driver was 292. More often than not I consider 277 a really good hit with the driver, nevermind the 3 wood!!
What is your SS?

Anytime I've been on a monitor it seems to hover between 96-100.

zagu8y4a.jpg

#needit

Posted via Tapatalk.

Hey Jake, sorry if this has already been asked but I was reading about the wood and it was said that the top was made out of a thinner metal to allow some more weight placement elsewhere. My question is do you notice the thinner metal on top? do you think it would be prone to denting easier by those that don't always put the headcover on after hitting it and putting it back in the bag?

Their site was down for maintenance this morning. Would they not have to honor a posted price though?

Their site was down for maintenance this morning. Would they not have to honor a posted price though?

I added it to my cart and was still that price. If it's advertised, I would think they would have to.

The driver is on for an insane price.

I had a chance to see the new RBZ and R1 at Edwin Watts yesterday. I didn't get a chance to hit either one because the simulator was backed up when I was there. However, I did notice that the RBZ fairway woods are one degree more upright than last year's model and got that confirmed by one of the salesmen in the store.

I had a chance to see the new RBZ and R1 at Edwin Watts yesterday. I didn't get a chance to hit either one because the simulator was backed up when I was there. However, I did notice that the RBZ fairway woods are one degree more upright than last year's model and got that confirmed by one of the salesmen in the store.

Interesting, I wonder what the reason is?

So after hitting my Stage 2 Tour over this weekend i have decided that i really don't like the stock shaft the Matrix Rocketfuel seem a bit soft and unresponsive so i orderd an a new tip and now have to decide which of the two shaft should i put in I have a Rip beta 70 & a Fubuki Tour 73 that i bought for use in my fairway woods. I am leaning towards the Beta 70. the other one will go in my Tour 5 wood

So I replaced the shaft on the 3 wood with a Rip Beta 70 gram i am waiting for the epoxy to dry i will take it to the range tomorrow

The Matrix Rocket fuel just seemed wippy

So I am gaming an R11 driver and 3 wood at the moment , although I am not really getting on with the Driver ...( a work in progress) , the 3 wood is my go to club off the tee and I max out at about 225yds consistently...with a baby fade. Couldn't resist hitting one of the new RBZ stage 2 3 woods today ...GOBSMACKED ...250 yds straight ...again ..and again...and again.....I fell in love ..great dispersion too.....serious ponder now ....may chop both the R11's in and not worry about a driver for a while ..till I can demo a new Cobra Amp Cell...or Nike covert....I think I might be better off with a consistent 250yds tee shot than a Driver I can slice the SMEG out of regularly...less shots and more fairways has got to be a good thing ?

Interesting, I wonder what the reason is?

Maybe a changed C of G for better launch....Just thinking out loud ...and probably talking complete rubbish....

Had another couple 270+ blasts this weekend. Then my swing went away, and I couldn't hit a thing. This club is definitely the real deal.

Had another couple 270+ blasts this weekend. Then my swing went away, and I couldn't hit a thing. This club is definitely the real deal.

Were slinging that draw brother? You ripped some in Sarasota last month.

Were slinging that draw brother? You ripped some in Sarasota last month.
For the most part. As long as I can get myself coming inside to out its pretty reliable, just need to keep my backswing slow. If I can stay out of my head I can hit the driver and the 3w like I was down there at Waterlefe with you guys. I've added some distance that's showing up a lot more now, too.

I wish TaylorMade would made a "speed slot" that was enclosed.

I tend to keep the club on the ground for the first couple inches of my backswing to keep my hands away from me and slow it down, and I've noticed it catches a little bit on the take away throwing me off sometimes.

Back