Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

After 9 holes, I am fairly certain which irons will be in my Morgan Cup bag.

Long irons of Mt, mid and short irons Tt.

I am very, very impressed with what I am seeing out of these. Trajectory and ball flight is perfect, and distance is easily a club longer for me.
A blended set is a very solid choice!

Wow. Wow. Love these irons. More than a full club longer than my current set, and probably the best iron play I have had in a while. Even with the brutal wind today, they performed.

Once I got familiar with the distances I was hitting these really good. 8iron was going a little over 160 for me, and with my current set it's 150 yards all day.

Will have a full write up soon.

Wow. Wow. Love these irons. More than a full club longer than my current set, and probably the best iron play I have had in a while. Even with the brutal wind today, they performed.

Once I got familiar with the distances I was hitting these really good. 8iron was going a little over 160 for me, and with my current set it's 150 yards all day.

Thats awesome dude. Loving the possiblility of a MT/TT set. Cant wait to hear yur thoughts!

Tapping away on my S3

Interesting stuff Ryan, looking fwd to the full writeup.

I am very, very impressed with what I am seeing out of these. Trajectory and ball flight is perfect, and distance is easily a club longer for me.

A club longer on all clubs?
What clubs are you comparing them too?

thanks

Man, that is fantastic length for an 8 iron!!!!

So today War Eagle hit these better than any iron I have ever seen him hit. Better ball flight, more distance and all around just the best I have ever seen him play. These irons were quite good in my sampling on the range. Great look and really good performance. They are Z-Star like, but with a little more lateral forgiveness. There are some other differences that I will go into when I have more time for a "review".

I was pretty darn impressed with these completely today. I have a feeling not only are people going to like what they see out of the ball flight, they are going to love the sound/feel.

That's a big jump, impressive man

He was murdering them. It was pretty cool to hear that ripped iron sound and the ball just take off

He was murdering them. It was pretty cool to hear that ripped iron sound and the ball just take off
Sounds like a great distance set for sure!

Another one I can't wait to hear more about and hopefully take some swings with. I like the simple look and hearing that you're seeing some distance/forgiving makes them even more attractive.

Yeah you definitely have me pondering, War and JB...Could you guys possibly compare these with the Ci11s in terms of sole thickness/topline and forgiveness wise?

I only hit a handful.of shots with the 9 iron, but they were really really good. If I was liking to buy irons these would be in my top 5 for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Another one I can't wait to hear more about and hopefully take some swings with. I like the simple look and hearing that you're seeing some distance/forgiving makes them even more attractive.
Agreed. Its always good to hear the positive early feedback come in. Can't wait to hear more thoughts on these personally.

Yeah you definitely have me pondering, War and JB...Could you guys possibly compare these with the Ci11s in terms of sole thickness/topline and forgiveness wise?

Similar, although I would say more forgiveness laterally. To expand on that, what I was seeing was something I quite liked. Missing heel to toe offered very little distance loss and that is because of the mass that is in place.

I would say comparable in still those categories, but miles better in feel.

Similar, although I would say more forgiveness laterally. To expand on that, what I was seeing was something I quite liked. Missing heel to toe offered very little distance loss and that is because of the mass that is in place.

So, they're perfect?

I would say comparable in still those categories, but miles better in feel.

I need to hit these irons. Thanks for the great tidbits guys.

Nothing is perfect of course. But I think in the right hands, these will be loved for years to come.

haha understandable. Judging by your description, these are right in my wheelhouse.

Pretty much what I'm thinking but can't wait to try them out.

So today War Eagle hit these better than any iron I have ever seen him hit. Better ball flight, more distance and all around just the best I have ever seen him play. These irons were quite good in my sampling on the range. Great look and really good performance. They are Z-Star like, but with a little more lateral forgiveness. There are some other differences that I will go into when I have more time for a "review".

I was pretty darn impressed with these completely today. I have a feeling not only are people going to like what they see out of the ball flight, they are going to love the sound/feel.

Excited to hear that. These two sets of irons the MT's and TT's are ones I really want to get my hands on. After hearing the rave early reviews from you guys I'm even more excited than I was before if that's possible. Come on 2/15, I need to hit these guys!

JB, are the c kuas going to be an option in these.

Another question for JB, do you know for sure if the irons Keegan is using (588 TC's) will be on the market with these?

Back