Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. UPS Just Delivered my New Classic XL Custom Driver.... Have to wait until Saturday to try it out...

Can someone drop me a link for the Indigo Shaft please.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. UPS Just Delivered my New Classic XL Custom Driver.... Have to wait until Saturday to try it out...

Can someone drop me a link for the Indigo Shaft please.

post some pictures for us!

I agree with keeping the normal tee height. Raising it had disastrous results for me

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

How do you like the JDL 6X? Flight? Roll out?

I'm having some spin issues with it. Launch is right around 14.5-16 degrees which is obviously higher on the spectrum, and spin rates sit around 3200-3500 on average. When i originally demoed, I had a descent angle in the realm of 42-45, leaving little room for roll. This early in the year here in Ohio, I'm averaging negative yards on roll.

With that aside, I think the JDL is a nice stable shaft offering. Having the spineless features along with the shaft graphics makes it easier to transition into head adjustments.

Sounds like you have the same general problems I have -- high launch and spin. My descent angles are usually in the 40s, as well. Is the JDL smooth, or more stout feeling?

Actually the JDL is pretty smooth. The loading feels relatively solid, and the feedback is definitely there. Not the absolute best out there in terms of Miyazaki comparables, but most certainly on the right end of the spectrum as compared to other X flex shafts on the market. No boardy feeling.

What shaft are you gaming in there?

I tend to agree with that. This driver seems to thrive on mid-low face strikes.
Mid-low face strikes for me = poor to less than poor results.

Mid-low face strikes for me = poor to less than poor results.

I'm a mid-high kinda guy according to my last two rounds with it.

Low to extremely low? You're a strange bird captain War!
Calling it low would be generous. Has a lot to do with me getting too steep on my angle in at impact. Have to get my flow and tempo jiving, hit it all square, and boom baby.

Jut got back from the range for my first real date with the Fubuki Tour 53 in it. Wow! I really must be a wimp. This thing is most likely the combo for me. The one thing I noticed in common with this shaft vs the Black tie is I simply can not slice this driver. It won't do it. And for that, I am happy, though I would say at this point it's obviously my swing and this driver head and less about the shafts. But I'm an easy 50-60 yds longer when swinging the Fubuki. Feels so effortless now. I was swinging outta my shoes with the Matrix....

Jut got back from the range for my first real date with the Fubuki Tour 53 in it. Wow! I really must be a wimp. This thing is most likely the combo for me. The one thing I noticed in common with this shaft vs the Black tie is I simply can not slice this driver. It won't do it. And for that, I am happy, though I would say at this point it's obviously my swing and this driver head and less about the shafts. But I'm an easy 50-60 yds longer when swinging the Fubuki. Feels so effortless now. I was swinging outta my shoes with the Matrix....

That's pretty awesome dude!! Great to hear you found something that can work well with your swing!

I need this driver in my life...

That's pretty awesome dude!! Great to hear you found something that can work well with your swing!

Not only well, but for the first time that I can remember, I have actually gained about 20 yds simply by switching clubs. I switched between the CG Black tour I played with last year and consistently carried the CXL right around the 250 sign. The CG Black was falling just passed the 200 sign.

I also think it helped taking a few days off from swinging a club. I probably hit 10000 balls the week before the THP event. I was gassed by Saturday.....live and learn.

Glad to hear that shaft is working for ya buddy

Glad to hear that shaft is working for ya buddy

Thanks Mike, I guess I needed to swallow some pride and swing a normal shaft for once. ; ) How is the Dromos working out for you?

Thanks Mike, I guess I needed to swallow some pride and swing a normal shaft for once. ; ) How is the Dromos working out for you?

Today was first time out, hit j40 then it, swing was hot mess so ill save an accurate comparison for another day. I do love the feel of this driver at impact that's for sure.

Not only well, but for the first time that I can remember, I have actually gained about 20 yds simply by switching clubs. I switched between the CG Black tour I played with last year and consistently carried the CXL right around the 250 sign. The CG Black was falling just passed the 200 sign.

I also think it helped taking a few days off from swinging a club. I probably hit 10000 balls the week before the THP event. I was gassed by Saturday.....live and learn.

Did Golf Exchange swap it out for you? That distance gain is incredible, just goes to show what a higher launch and more spin can do to a drive.

Did Golf Exchange swap it out for you? That distance gain is incredible, just goes to show what a higher launch and more spin can do to a drive.

Nope. I still have the Black Tie. Deano and I swapped; My Dromos for his Fubuki.

Have you heard an update?

My driver arrived today!! Pics will be up tonight as I'm going home right now. FINALLY!

My driver arrived today!! Pics will be up tonight as I'm going home right now. FINALLY!
Wooo! Heck yeah dude!

You're welcome... i must be the lucky charm :bomb:

Awesome jt I'm sure more pictures will be healthy for my classic xl infatuation at this point.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Back